The ZIPPO thread

A quick picture of a few of mine.  It's late so not the best photo.

From left to right. 1: A "Art Deco" form the way back. 2: Rounded top and bottom from the past. 3: This one is usually in my pocket. Had since was a boy.  Well worn like me.  4: This one I carry sometimes, dates back when I was a young man  5: My Mom's Art Deco I found in a drawer a few years ago.

I do not care for the picture or slogan crap ones.  Steel and Flint only is correct.  Dave..

Edit: Had to switch #3 and #4. description.  It's late and I made a mistake but corrected now.

Zippo.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Ryan said:

I've got a couple of my father's zippos. One I'm sure he got from a salesman at the furniture factory. It has a stapler sales logo. My Harley Zippo I've carried for years finally broke a few months ago and I've been carrying my Storm King lately.

You can send it back in and they will fix for free. Postage only.  I sent my Moms back few years ago as she had the hinge held together with a paper clip.  If it needs a new insert they will put in a new one and send along with your old one back.  Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrB said:

A quick picture of a few of mine.  It's late so not the best photo.

From left to right. 1: A "Art Deco" form the way back. 2: Rounded top and bottom from the past. 3: This one is usually in my pocket. Had since was a boy.  Well worn like me.  4: This one I carry sometimes, dates back when I was a young man  5: My Mom's Art Deco I found in a drawer a few years ago.

I do not care for the picture or slogan crap ones.  Steel and Flint only is correct.  Dave..

Edit: Had to switch #3 and #4. description.  It's late and I made a mistake but corrected now.

Zippo.jpg

Dr.B...

Can you show the guts? Pull out the insert?

10 minutes ago, Duluth said:

Dr.B...

Can you show the guts? Pull out the insert?

That has been replaced through the years, sadly Not collector piece, I do carry it a few times a year though.  Hopefully I will come across the original but I doubt it.  Other stuff around it dates to the early/late 30's.

Edited by DrB

• Administrators

I only ever had one. It was a camo Zippo that I bought at my first visit to the PX, when I was in Basic. I carried it for several years. Some ******* stole it while I was at a nightclub, a couple of years after I got out of the Army. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I have a bunch of lighters, including advertising ones like these. I have more, but you get the idea.

DSCN9714.JPG

Damn!  I forgot about those!!  I "had" the Camel one!!!  The things I wish I still had....I'll take some pics later.  Thanks for starting the thread.