Jose Reyes arrested, released because WTH NYC

Mrs.Cicero

Jose Reyes, the suspect arrested for the attempted rape of the young woman on the NYC subway platform HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM JAIL BECAUSE NYC HAS DONE AWAY WITH PRE-TRIAL CONFINEMENT. Reyes has 14 prior arrests, and is now free to once again ride the subways and attempt further rapes.  

It will be a cold day in Hell before I EVER return to NYC.

I hope the next person he attacks shoots him dead.  Dead.  Dead.  Dead.  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I hope the next person he attacks shoots him dead.  Dead.  Dead.  Dead.  

One has to think if thought this was a good idea once...that he will think about doing it a second time.

When that happens  I hope someone sues NYC so badly they can't afford the light bill.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

One has to think if thought this was a good idea once...that he will think about doing it a second time.

When that happens  I hope someone sues NYC so badly they can't afford the light bill.

Prob  can't sue because the fuzz is only responsible to protect in general, and not specific people. 

Judges would insulate  themselves in the same way.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rebornone said:

I can't find any reference to him being released. I looked up the pretrial confinement law and it said that only applied to misdemeanor and non violent crime. What is your source?

I tried to find it (I thought it was a NYPost article that came thru my fascistbook feed, but apparently not).  All I can find now is that he had a $75,000 cash bail set at his arraignment.  I'd love to know that he is actually still in jail?  (I don't think he should have gotten bail at all).