The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

76993622_10219712783105500_3239475492415340544_n.jpg

I hoping our new puppy arrives before Christmas.  I can't see another holiday without family, and the prospects of a sexual predator along with a career "sucker" being in charge of my nation.

God! How I'm going to need that puppy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

This is what scares me about "indoor" ranges...

Double Accidental Discharge - but he scratched that itch!

tumblr_p754sbiIR41vwuifgo1_400.gif

I think it was hot brass down the back of the neck, not just an itch.
Yes, he was an idiot, but I can almost understand forgetting to set down the gun when the skin on the back of your neck is starting to melt.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, LostinTexas said:

The reason we have such safe cars on the road. Racing has done a lot for it. These cars were built to come apart, dispersing energy, while making the driver compartment more rigid and the retention system more thorough. I'm amazed the engine seems to still be in the body, but that could just be roll bar and intake and the engine may have gone with the rear axle. Hard for me to see. On the fourth look, it would seem the engine went with the axle.

People gripe that modern road cars "fall apart", But I got to watch a lot of the more modern progression, and yes they fall apart, but keep the passenger compartment in much better condition than days passed.

I have seen many cars scattered for half a mile with a person standing on the side of the road talking on a cell phone. They were driving. In contrast, I ran a young lady, mid 20's,that hit a tree in a 55 Ford, IIRC, and the only damage to the PU was an inch intrusion to the front bumper. The girl was a hot mess. She bounced like a pinball. We got her to the hospital alive, and I believe she recovered, but both legs, pelvis, and one arm were broken that we could see, and multiple soft tissue injuries. Extreme ends of the curve, but it happens.

In the past the emphasis was on minimizing the damage to the car.  It was considered "expensive" and the passenger was expendable.  Remember plate glass windshields too.

Then lawyers started suing for personal injury, and suddenly the passenger got more expensive than the car.  So now you try to save the passenger and the car is expendable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

That's a tossup man!  Do think I like the total Black Better!!  Hope ya enjoy your new Blade sir!!!:greensupergrin:

I love the black fine edge model. My buddy bought the coyote brown fine edge as he found it more aesthetically pleasing.  Different strokes and all that. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Yup.  My buddy got one of them "magazine" shotguns.  Naw, I'll take my Raptor.  Might even put an extended tube on it.  The barrel is 20 inch.

If you left the hand grip as is, you might make the 26+ Measurement barrel tip to grip tip. And you can find out before sawing anything.

This “no special tax or paperwork” Mossberg Cruiser 12 gauge has 18.5” barrel. 

Just now, railfancwb said:

If you left the hand grip as is, you might make the 26+ Measurement barrel tip to grip tip. And you can find out before sawing anything.

This “no special tax or paperwork” Mossberg Cruiser 12 gauge has 18.5” barrel. 

Don’t know where this was hiding, or even if it fits this thread.