The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

On 10/17/2020 at 2:25 PM, LostinTexas said:

Want to really blow their little minds? Tell them you are older than the internet, or even modern computers, and how they used to take up a larger than an acre building.

One occasion my company UNIVAC was changing computers out, and I had to walk on top of all the racks of the old computer to get to the other side of the building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

fish.jpg

Took my son fishing often when he was around 6 years old.  This one time,  I put him into the boat at the shore, drove the truck to park it.  Walking back to the boat, I felt the plug in my pocket.

I ran...  Jumped in the boat.  My son was standing on a seat and asked, is there supposed to be water in the boat?  I said , "YES!".

I pushed it into the lake and got the engine started while the water was coming in over the deck now.

I pointed it down the long dimension of the lake and went open throttle.  The water was going out the drain hole but the end of the lake was coming closer.

My son was figuring out that something might be wrong, so I asked him if he wanted to drive (open throttle) and he said YES!

I  knew the torque was so high that he couldn't turn the wheel, but it kept him busy while I laid on my belly and tried to put the plug in.

I got the water out of the boat before we hit the shore.  Then we fished.  Later we went home.

As soon as i got home my traitorous son ran through the door to his mother and hollered, "I drove the boat, really, really fast!". 

My wife was pissed when she heard the whole story...  My son was elated and told everybody that he got to drive the boat.....Fast!

My wife had a hard time while I was growing up.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

clowns.jpg

A TV show of Pranks, showed one where a clown jumped out of a corner in front of some people, while swinging a mallet.

I thought I might have a good case for when I would have shot him. 

I can't believe idiots that think this is a Prank to suddenly threaten people with a weapon, while not believing someone would shoot the bastard!

• Like 2