Skying up tomorrow.

White and red beaver, tail N1432Z, perchance? I sat right seat in her from Nikiski to Katmai via Port Alsworth. She was flown (back in 2013) by an older gentleman, I'm sure he's retired by now.

Enjoy yourself safely, amigo. Looking forward to your safe return, and the tales of your success and adventures!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Into the Kenai Mountains for a goat hunt. A good time will be had by all. Flying in a  Beaver with .....

I could have sworn i just read Walt was flying in beaver...wow.   Need more coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

That's the one. Was a passenger in it in 2014. I have been in a bunch of their planes. Most recently in the Turbine Otter.

That blue and gold Otter was gorgeous! I thought we were flying in that, but we walked right past it to the Beaver. One young lady in our group was NOT thrilled. Thumbs up guy proposed to her a couple days later in front of Aialik Glacier. She said yes, surprisingly.

Screenshot_20200809-173518_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

That blue and gold Otter was gorgeous! I thought we were flying in that, but we walked right past it to the Beaver. One young lady in our group was NOT thrilled. Thumbs up guy proposed to her a couple days later in front of Aialik Glacier. She said yes, surprisingly.

Screenshot_20200809-173518_Gallery.jpg

Being from Minnesota, I can share her disinterest in more ice and snow.

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

Being from Minnesota, I can share her disinterest in more ice and snow.

It was sunny and warm on that visit! She just didn't like the idea of being in a "little" plane. We saw more skeeters than we did snow, on this trip. Funny thing- the guy in the white adidas shirt just texted me. We worked together a long time ago. I haven't seen him in years.He moved to Texas, got a great hospital administration gig. He's moving to Anchorage next month. He only looked at the job because of this trip. AK gets into your blood, man. We all went rafting on the Kenai River with my dearest oldest friend, who lives up there. I gave them each the other's contact info. Both are in medical work, and can help each other out. My next trip to AK is gonna be a blast, with all the old friends up there. I'm not leaving AK again, without shaking @Walt Longmire hand.

The Beaver is an absolute TANK of an airplane, even if it is a bit thirsty. If I had yacht money, I'd own a beaver on floats. I'd even get @kerbie18 to take a ride with me.

Can't wait to hear how the plane ride and goat hunt went. This is seriously the trip of a lifetime for many. Prayers for a safe and triumphant return of our friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2