My Father’s Health Is Failing

Eric

15 hours ago, Eric said:

My father has been in the Hospital. He got out today, but the outlook isn’t good. He is at home with round-the-clock nursing care. I thought I’d put this post here for those that remember him from his Bill Powell Stories threads, both here and on GT. I thought those of you who remember him could share a kind word. I’m sure he would enjoy the comments. Please keep him in your prayers. 

Sorry to hear of his decline. I lost my dad in 2010 when he was 90 years old. ther's still questions I'd like to ask him about his life but I'm thankful for what he was able to tell me when he was still alive. He died peacefully in his sleep in the hospital and I was at his side when he died. My mom died the year before an Dad had a year to recover from her loss..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Make your remaining time with him count, however long that may be. Yesterday was the 23rd anniversary of my Dad's passing, and there are so many things I wish I had asked him or told him before he died. You have the opportunity to do what I failed to do, Eric. I'll bet that rascal has some excellent stories still untold. All the best to you both.

Edited by TXUSMC
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've seen the post in which he was mentioned on FB with some pictures. That's why I am here. I've always enjoyed interacting with Bill, we exchanged some letters and packages. He is one of the coolest members of the old gang on GT. I'm sending my prayers and thoughts his way. Hang in there Bill. Hang in there Eric.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:56 PM, Rabbi said:

Bill has some of the best stories ever! 

I loved "Slicky boy" among so many others.  

One of the most knoweledgable and gifted car guys on the planet! 

OMG, Slicky boy - how could I forget that one!

Eric, I was saddened to hear your dad was sick, now more so I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric unpinned this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic