Massive Explosion in Lebanon

Eric

Given the uniform color of the debris cloud I'm likely to believe the fireworks theory.  It looks as if a bunch of smaller charges were popping off before the main event.  Bright white magnesium like flashes could be seen in the video.   There was certainly and Earth-shattering Kaboom.

What Could Have Been: MARVIN THE MARTIAN Live Action Film Clips ...

Edited by syntaxerrorsix

At first I was like, RAMMSTEIN!! F YEAH!!! :banana::whip:      :rock:

but then...

:599c64828c137_outtahere:

There's other video, taken from a boat in the water in the background. You can see the shock wave. Pretty massive destruction  to the surrounding buildings, too.

So we see the remnants of a burning or an explosion in the view from the water and then what looks like a High order detonation. That was not a bunch of little fireworks going off at once that was an explosion,I look like a bunch of explosive product was in the air and lit at once I wonder if they had a big powder magazine in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

The brown color of the cloud is generally indicative of nitrates as in ammonium nitrate.

That is unless it was the collective stain on everbodies underwear when it lit off.

BRING ME MY BROWN PANTS!!!

• Like 1

Looks like ammonium nitrate.

“The Interior minister, Mohamed Fehmi, later told the MTV Lebanon channel that the explosion appeared to have been caused by “huge quantities of ammonium nitrate” being stored at the port. But the announcement was not enough to put an end to rampant speculation.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/04/cursed-shock-despair-beirut-explosion-rocks-city-lebanon

6 hours ago, Eric said:

There has been a massive explosion Lebanon. No one seems to be quite sure yet what happened. Some say it was either a fireworks Or munitions warehouse near the port. Others have more sinister theories. Whatever it was, it looks like a hell of a mess. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53656220

F0801D11-D942-4921-AF0B-AE1D9FEDF3A5.jpeg

B61A5C02-F816-4419-A53B-3356C5746A88.jpeg

From the story:

"...it was "unacceptable" that 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate was stored unsafely...."

This is how a politician addresses a problem!

Why was it 6 years before he, or anyone else, was concerned!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Will AN blow up without FO?

Yes, the Texas City, TX disaster in 1947 was caused by a ship loaded with ammonium nitrate that caught fire and could not be controlled in time.  The explosion Killed close to 600 people.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

i`ll take Sodium Nitrate for $500 Alex..

a lot of Sodium Nitrate.

Sodium nitrate  ?  ?  ?

:nono:

I think you should go with ammonium nitrate.

A lot of ammonium nitrate.

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 2