Walt Longmire

Basic tip for dumb ass thieves.

Don't leave your keys in your get away vehicle. Longmire will take them and leave you on foot. Dumb asses. Take your keys with you as you case the joint. Maybe your accomplice should have an extra key also. Dumb asses. Also don't park facing in on a driveway with only one way out. Geniuses. Have a nice talk with the Troopers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Don't leave your keys in your get away vehicle. Longmire will take them and leave you on foot. Dumb asses. Take your keys with you as you case the joint. Maybe your accomplice should have an extra key also. Dumb asses. Also don't park facing in on a driveway with only one way out. Geniuses. Have a nice talk with the Troopers.

I very much prefer stupid thieves to smart ones.

• Like 6

I managed apartments and rental houses for years. Had to deal with criminals all the time. Customers for hookers and drug dealers would leave keys and wallets in the car or at least sometimes leave the door unlocked. I think they were too preoccupied to notice. Customers to hookers didn’t want to take wallets or jewelry into the girls place I guess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who would be stupid enough to be a thief in AK?  That seems like it would end in the thief just missing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Who would be stupid enough to be a thief in AK?  That seems like it would end in the thief just missing.

As the news reminds us from time to time, bears gotta eat too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Was this out at the cabins? They scurried when you pulled in? 

DETAILS DUDE!!!

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ya only catch the dumb/drunk/tweaking ones.

I think we can all agree on our hatred of thieves. We've all read about the good ol days when a horse thief would be executed. Better times, back then. Except for the lack of air conditioning.

Did ya catch them with any stolen goods? Junk yard- were they after catalytic converters or just random stuff? Glad the Troopers were able to get involved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Ya only catch the dumb/drunk/tweaking ones.

I think we can all agree on our hatred of thieves. We've all read about the good ol days when a horse thief would be executed. Better times, back then. Except for the lack of air conditioning.

Did ya catch them with any stolen goods? Junk yard- were they after catalytic converters or just random stuff? Glad the Troopers were able to get involved!

They had a bunch of stuff in the back of the truck including a Stihl chainsaw and action packers. No way for me or the Trooper to know where it came from.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

They had a bunch of stuff in the back of the truck including a Stihl chainsaw and action packers. No way for me or the Trooper to know where it came from.

And if government asset forfeitures the truck, it probably will turn out to be stolen as well. 

• Like 1

Man, I hate a feral human who steals from his fellow man. I can wrap my head around a lot of things the government considers illegal, but stealing is immoral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tadbart said:

Man, I hate a feral human who steals from his fellow man. I can wrap my head around a lot of things the government considers illegal, but stealing is immoral.

When you think it through, stealing is not just things, but the hours one worked for the money spent to acquire the things. And in some cases the thief steals a job as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't break into my home while I'm there, it won't end well.  For that matter breaking into my home when I'm not there didn't end very well for the perp either. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

My daughter that fixes chainsaws says, well, if they were stupid enough to leave the keys in the ignition, I'm not surprised they'd steal a Stihl (she hates working on those, can you tell? lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

My daughter that fixes chainsaws says, well, if they were stupid enough to leave the keys in the ignition, I'm not surprised they'd steal a Stihl (she hates working on those, can you tell? lol)

That is what I run most of the time. Occasionally use a Husqvarna. The ones I use the most are in the 75cc class with ported mufflers. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

That is what I run most of the time. Occasionally use a Husqvarna. The ones I use the most are in the 75cc class with ported mufflers. 

Nice - who ports the mufflers for you?  Or do you do it yourself?  The kid doesn't like the Stihls because she says they are harder to fix when they break than her beloved Makitas are, lol.  She complains it takes her twice as long to fix anything on a Stihl.  I think she just likes having something to whinge about - today it was the "blankety-blank logging company that hires monkeys that have driven over and broken 10 of her beloved beautiful chainsaws this year, so far..." She then proceeded with a step-by-step explanation for replacing the gas tank and handle broken by the blankety-blank monkey who didn't even have the excuse of backing over something he couldn't see, but drove right over it going forward..."  My eyes kind of glazed over, because if it isn't an antique sewing machine, I have no idea how it works or how to fix it...  I'm glad I have a kid that can fix what I break.  Her next job here is fixing the fuel system in my motorcycle so I can sell the darn thing.  She better get to it soon, though, or I'm going to sell the darn thing "as is."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Nice - who ports the mufflers for you?  Or do you do it yourself?  The kid doesn't like the Stihls because she says they are harder to fix when they break than her beloved Makitas are, lol.  She complains it takes her twice as long to fix anything on a Stihl.  I think she just likes having something to whinge about - today it was the "blankety-blank logging company that hires monkeys that have driven over and broken 10 of her beloved beautiful chainsaws this year, so far..." She then proceeded with a step-by-step explanation for replacing the gas tank and handle broken by the blankety-blank monkey who didn't even have the excuse of backing over something he couldn't see, but drove right over it going forward..."  My eyes kind of glazed over, because if it isn't an antique sewing machine, I have no idea how it works or how to fix it...  I'm glad I have a kid that can fix what I break.  Her next job here is fixing the fuel system in my motorcycle so I can sell the darn thing.  She better get to it soon, though, or I'm going to sell the darn thing "as is."

This is why you never let the truck driver put his hands on the saw. He'll set it down and then promptly run over it.

• Thanks 1