My Sig p365

DrB

I am not a striker fired or polymer gun  fan but this has become my everywhere carry piece. I carry with the 12 round magazine as I don't like a pistol I can't get my pinky finger around.  Bought a cheap pocket holster for walking the dog and running into town.

Points naturally like my detective specials and just  so easy to grab when I go out.  Before I would just not carry many times. .  It's become comfortable to just grab and go.

Still I don't like polymer but I am slowly warming up to this.  Love the night sights as I can see without my glasses at night.  I need a magazine loader though as those magazines are hard to compress.

Dave..

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DrB said:

I am not a striker fired or polymer gun  fan but this has become my everywhere carry piece. I carry with the 12 round magazine as I don't like a pistol I can't get my pinky finger around.  Bought a cheap pocket holster for walking the dog and running into town.

Points naturally like my detective specials and just  so easy to grab when I go out.  Before I would just not carry many times. .  It's become comfortable to just grab and go.

Still I don't like polymer but I am slowly warming up to this.  Love the night sights as I can see without my glasses at night.  I need a magazine loader though as those magazines are hard to compress.

Dave..

It is third on my list of packing irons. 

Numero Uno is still a J-frame Airweight, Numero Dos is the new Colt Cobra for extra firepower.  Numero Tres is the P365 for venturing downtown and might need extra-extra firepower. I’m sticking with the short mag - don’t want to make a small gun bigger. 

E3A5D1BE-F32E-4387-8A05-E2FB33C9287D.thumb.jpeg.d948f27958a0523b9d31b593f7db4cbc.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fnfalman said:

Numero Uno is still a J-frame Airweight, Numero Dos is the new Colt Cobra for extra firepower.

For me a 70's Detective Special is my favorite and I have 2 of the new Cobra's but the Sig is starting to creep in.  Before that for a pocket pistol was either a Colt Mustang Plus II or a Colt Government model. 380.  I kinda like steel.

Dave..

18 minutes ago, DrB said:

For me a 70's Detective Special is my favorite and I have 2 of the new Cobra's but the Sig is starting to creep in.  Before that for a pocket pistol was either a Colt Mustang Plus II or a Colt Government model. 380.  I kinda like steel.

Dave..

Steel guns are real guns. 

• Like 1

In the beginning I believed all semi-autos were Jam-o-matics until I got a 1911. Then I believed that any Semi-auto that couldn't be carried cocked and locked was worthless. I even tried a 2nd gen S&W model 39 for a while but didn't like the DA/SA/Decocker mode of carry. It was a nice gun but would have been a lot better if it had been SA and could be carried cocked and locked.

Then in the 80's one friend of mine bought an HK VP70 wonder-nine, the first hi-cap polymer pistol, and it was big an clunky almost like a Hi-point, but better looking, and was DA only but had a horrible trigger. Around the same time HK came out with another 9mm pistol , the HKP7M8 which was a SA with a squeeze-cocker built into the grip and had an excellent trigger and was a nice size and shape but was a little expensive or I would have bought one. It was a single stack with a relatively short barrel and would have made a nice carry gun.

Then the Glocks came along and I didn't think much of them but then another friend of mine who knew nothing about guns bought a Glock 17 And asked me to go to the range with him and show him how it worked. So I got to shoot ir but didn't really like anything bout it except that it appeared to be reliable. I didn't like the size of it or how it felt in my hand. Then I heard that Glock was making a 10mm an dI secretly wanted one of those. Then a few years later, I looked at a Glock 19 (mid sized) at a gun show and I liked it a lot better than the Glock 17 (full size) I had shot. And I liked it so much that a couple of days later I found A used one in good condition at a local gun shop and bought it.

I didn't like the trigger on it, having been used to either a 1911 or a revolver, so I took it to my gunsmith and asked if he could improve teh trigger. He wisely advised me to shoot a few hundred rounds through the gun first and try to get used to teh trigger, saying that learning to shoot a Glock trigger (or any striker fired trigger) was a little bit like learning to shoot a revolver double action and that with practice you could get good at it.

So now I prefer striker fired guns to any other carry mode, and I prefer polymer guns to steel or aluminum for carry because of their light weight, although I still carry my Smith and Wesson model 38, the airweight version of the old humpback model 49 Bodyguard even though a compact 9 makes more sense. I fired a Sig P365 and liked it but I thought the trigger was too light. Recently I got to shoot a Springfield Hellcat and liked the trigger on that better than the Sig

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

In the beginning I believed all semi-autos were Jam-o-matics until I got a 1911. Then I believed that any Semi-auto that couldn't be carried cocked and locked was worthless.

Umm,, yep.  That is me. Cocked and locked and steel.  Bought a Glock and hated it.  Grip does not fit me.  Hated to look at anything polymer let even hold.  Till last year when I picked up the Sig.  I said to myself... this just may work.  Took a second look and held, it came home with me.  Still if my Combat Commander and the Sig were sitting side by side, I would pick up the Colt. 

I guess some of that is I have always carried Colt in my life and I am a old man so hard to change.  My AR's are Colt also from the SP1 and on up.  I guess Sam Colt is in my blood for what's that's worth.

The Sig though is working it's way in though and I still hate polymer and striker fired.

2 hours ago, Valmet said:

I'm not really a Sig guy but the times I've had a P365 in my hands its felt good. Have yet to shoot one though. 

I was surprised that it pointed the same in my hand as my old Detective Special.  The new Colt Cobras are the same.  Works for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered up some Federal HST Micro 9mm 150g to try.  Right now I am using Gold Dot Short barrel 124g +p. 

First polymer pistol I have warmed up to.  I am a colt 1911, Mustang and Detective Special die hard.  It is what we had back then.  I still like steel and wood.

Yes you can find 9mm ammo at non inflated prices if you look. 

On 7/31/2020 at 9:45 PM, DrB said:

Dave..

Welcome to 1989. :fred:

Steel frames are fantastic, just heavy and don't hold much if any advantage these days.

Glad you found something you like.

• Like 1