2019 gov't theft of income is finished

Mrs.Cicero

Yea, me.  I finally got the Mr to GIVE ME THE INFO I NEEDED to finish the business expenses on our tax return, so I could file the bleeping thing.  I had to itemize again.  Last year was the first year in over a decade that I hadn't had to, but that was obviously too good to last.  And one of the kids aged out of being a tax credit, darn it.  I need a drink.  A very stiff drink.  Or several... but someone drank my American Honey.  I might have to SEND SOMEONE OUT FOR A BOOZE RUN NOW...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Yea, me.  I finally got the Mr to GIVE ME THE INFO I NEEDED to finish the business expenses on our tax return, so I could file the bleeping thing.  I had to itemize again.  Last year was the first year in over a decade that I hadn't had to, but that was obviously too good to last.  And one of the kids aged out of being a tax credit, darn it.  I need a drink.  A very stiff drink.  Or several... but someone drank my American Honey.  I might have to SEND SOMEONE OUT FOR A BOOZE RUN NOW...

Send me, ma'am...whatever you need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Historian said:

Send me, ma'am...whatever you need.

I didn't get the batch of mead going in April because the winery/brewery supply place was closed for the 'Rona and I needed champagne yeast and some other stuff, so I don't even have any terrible unaged mead around.   I need to make a list of the booze we should lay in for "emergencies" like... like... this!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Well, the good news is if your Itimizin...ya should be makin money.  My wife just rolled all that **** in a ball or two, and our taxes are real simple.

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I didn't get the batch of mead going in April because the winery/brewery supply place was closed for the 'Rona and I needed champagne yeast and some other stuff, so I don't even have any terrible unaged mead around.   I need to make a list of the booze we should lay in for "emergencies" like... like... this!

Cool!  I've been a mead maker for about 15 years.  I assume you use your own bees?  Truly impressive.  That takes it to an entirely different level.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If someone is self employed, Uncle gets 15+% off the top regardless of single/married/children/ or standard/itemized deductions. THEN one pays the income tax. 

And depending on where you live state and local taxes.

Moon river! 

It's like the doctor uses the entire arm during the exam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having run my own business, and doing all the tax filing etc., I'm often astounded that any business gets conducted in the US.  It's not just a hassle, it's harassment.  Democrat voters are too stupid to understand that the cost of all that is passed on to the consumer.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

Fortunately (maybe) I live in a state with no state or local tax on personal earned income. Some have suggested that the pay for jobs in such states is lower than states with personal income taxes. Don’t know...

Wage compression.  It's why what someone paid in state is not the same as another. 

If you live in rural Georgia and make X and you are offered Y in California....you want to make sure the amount in California is at least equal to or better than Georgia.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Historian said:

Wage compression.  It's why what someone paid in state is not the same as another. 

If you live in rural Georgia and make X and you are offered Y in California....you want to make sure the amount in California is at least equal to or better than Georgia.

I'd want at least 2x to make such a move, just due to the CoL difference. A lot more to cover the communism factor.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Historian said:

Cool!  I've been a mead maker for about 15 years.  I assume you use your own bees?  Truly impressive.  That takes it to an entirely different level.

I'm too cheap to buy honey, so we only make mead in the years when my bees produce enough, lol.  Considering the cost of the bees and their stuff, it's mighty expensive honey, rofl.  last year we had to much honey we should have made several batches of mead, but we didn't get around to it, so now I'm madly trying to get it done before I need the jars and space to harvest this years honey...  it won't be as much this year, though - there is only one overwintered hive to harvest from - the others are swarms I caught this year, so I'll be lucky if I get anything from them.

15 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm too cheap to buy honey, so we only make mead in the years when my bees produce enough, lol.  Considering the cost of the bees and their stuff, it's mighty expensive honey, rofl.  last year we had to much honey we should have made several batches of mead, but we didn't get around to it, so now I'm madly trying to get it done before I need the jars and space to harvest this years honey...  it won't be as much this year, though - there is only one overwintered hive to harvest from - the others are swarms I caught this year, so I'll be lucky if I get anything from them.

Lovely, what a wonderful thing to harvest your own honey.   I am impressed.  That is bucket list type of stuff for me.

Most people don't know that mead requires time.   I don't touch mine for six months to three years once its bottled.

It's a wonderful thing when aged nicely.

8 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Heard a public radio program a year or so ago where the subject was bee hives on the roofs of New York City skyscrapers. 

They have everything on those roofs.   From ham radio antennas, to pet pigeons, gardens and even bodies.

• Thanks 2