Grant Imahara died

minervadoe

This sucks.  By far my favorite Mythbuster.  Brain aneurysm at age 49.   RIP to one of the good ones.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/grant-imahara-mythbusters-host-dead-brain-aneurysm

Grant Imahara, former 'Mythbusters' host, dead after suffering a brain aneurysm, network says

The TV personality and electrical engineer was just 49 years old

Grant Imahara, a longtime host of the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters," died of a brain aneurysm, Fox News has learned.

The television personality was 49 years old. A spokesperson for Discovery reacted to the news of Imahara's passing in a statement shared with Fox News early Tuesday.

"We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant.  He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family," the statement reads.

The spokesperson said the network was notified that a brain aneurysm was the cause for Imahara's death but did not have any additional information to provide.

According to the Mayo Clinic, a brain aneurysm is a ballooning in a blood vessel in the brain. A ruptured aneurysm causes sudden and severe symptoms like an extreme headache and, in many cases, death.

About 6.5 million people in the U.S. have an unruptured brain aneurysm, most of which are asymptomatic and go undetected. The yearly rate of rupture is about 10 in 100,000 people, according to the Brain Aneurysm Foundation.

Factors increasing the risk of brain aneurysm include older age, smoking, high blood pressure and drug abuse, the Mayo Clinic says. Also, women are affected more often than men.

Imahara, an electrical engineer by trade, co-hosted the pop-science show from 2005 to 2014.

After leaving “Mythbusters,” Imahara went on to co-host Netflix’s “White Rabbit Project” for its one season in 2016.

Adam Savage, former co-host of "Mythbusters," paid tribute to Imahara on Twitter.

"I’m at a loss. No words. I’ve been part of two big families with Grant Imahara over the last 22 years. Grant was a truly brilliant engineer, artist and performer, but also just such a generous, easygoing, and gentle PERSON. Working with Grant was so much fun. I’ll miss my friend," Savage wrote on the social media site.

Executive producer for "Mythbusters" Grant Wilson also mourned Imahara's death, writing on Twitter that he is "completely shocked and saddened" by the news.

"I had the pleasure of knowing @grantimahara  for many years, & considered him a friend. Always intelligent, fun, a little weird, & a true delight. See you on the other side where we can finally get the answers we seek. Peace, Grant," Wilson tweeted.

Comedian Desus Nice called Imahara "the mythbuster gawd who always came thru with the energy and the wild engineering."

According to his IMDB page, Imahara lent his filmography skills to various television shows over the years. He holds television credits on "Star Trek Continues," "Muzzled the Musical," "The Realms of Labyrinth" and "Caper," among other shows

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

He was probably the best engineer of the three.  The man could make a robot do darn near anything.

The sword-swinging robot (not the hardest build he ever did by any means) is still the most terrifying robot I ever saw on Mythbusters.

RIP.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, minervadoe said:

This sucks.  By far my favorite Mythbuster.  Brain aneurysm at age 49.   RIP to one of the good ones.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/grant-imahara-mythbusters-host-dead-brain-aneurysm

Grant Imahara, former 'Mythbusters' host, dead after suffering a brain aneurysm, network says

The TV personality and electrical engineer was just 49 years old

Grant Imahara, a longtime host of the Discovery Channel show "Mythbusters," died of a brain aneurysm, Fox News has learned.

The television personality was 49 years old. A spokesperson for Discovery reacted to the news of Imahara's passing in a statement shared with Fox News early Tuesday.

"We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant.  He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family," the statement reads.

The spokesperson said the network was notified that a brain aneurysm was the cause for Imahara's death but did not have any additional information to provide.

According to the Mayo Clinic, a brain aneurysm is a ballooning in a blood vessel in the brain. A ruptured aneurysm causes sudden and severe symptoms like an extreme headache and, in many cases, death.

About 6.5 million people in the U.S. have an unruptured brain aneurysm, most of which are asymptomatic and go undetected. The yearly rate of rupture is about 10 in 100,000 people, according to the Brain Aneurysm Foundation.

Factors increasing the risk of brain aneurysm include older age, smoking, high blood pressure and drug abuse, the Mayo Clinic says. Also, women are affected more often than men.

Imahara, an electrical engineer by trade, co-hosted the pop-science show from 2005 to 2014.

After leaving “Mythbusters,” Imahara went on to co-host Netflix’s “White Rabbit Project” for its one season in 2016.

Adam Savage, former co-host of "Mythbusters," paid tribute to Imahara on Twitter.

"I’m at a loss. No words. I’ve been part of two big families with Grant Imahara over the last 22 years. Grant was a truly brilliant engineer, artist and performer, but also just such a generous, easygoing, and gentle PERSON. Working with Grant was so much fun. I’ll miss my friend," Savage wrote on the social media site.

Executive producer for "Mythbusters" Grant Wilson also mourned Imahara's death, writing on Twitter that he is "completely shocked and saddened" by the news.

"I had the pleasure of knowing @grantimahara  for many years, & considered him a friend. Always intelligent, fun, a little weird, & a true delight. See you on the other side where we can finally get the answers we seek. Peace, Grant," Wilson tweeted.

Comedian Desus Nice called Imahara "the mythbuster gawd who always came thru with the energy and the wild engineering."

According to his IMDB page, Imahara lent his filmography skills to various television shows over the years. He holds television credits on "Star Trek Continues," "Muzzled the Musical," "The Realms of Labyrinth" and "Caper," among other shows

My mother was 42 when she died this way.  They told us she was dead before she hit the floor..............  Sympathies to all........

• Sad 2