Next I'm trying Thousand Island on my meat

DUDE! Wait, don’t tell me, you like your steak like a charcoal briquette, don’t you? That or you’re getting you beef out the back of a van that pulls over every so often to “harvest” a gully jumping moo cow that is so tough you need a Stihl to cut the filet minion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NPTim said:

DUDE! Wait, don’t tell me, you like your steak like a charcoal briquette, don’t you? That or you’re getting you beef out the back of a van that pulls over every so often to “harvest” a gully jumping moo cow that is so tough you need a Stihl to cut the filet minion.

I get my meat from the Refuge. Right on the hoof. I prefer it rare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I get my meat from the Refuge. Right on the hoof. I prefer it rare.

So why are you looking for things to cover up the taste?  Certainly your food so your choice but I don't put stuff on good steak or bacon.  I only use something if I accidentally overcook it or it is not very good meat.  You could put thousand island on a piece of dogshit and it would taste like thousand island so why waste good meat? 

23 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

So why are you looking for things to cover up the taste?  Certainly your food so your choice but I don't put stuff on good steak or bacon.  I only use something if I accidentally overcook it or it is not very good meat.  You could put thousand island on a piece of dogshit and it would taste like thousand island so why waste good meat? 

No need to smother it. Just enough condiment to enhance the flavor.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blueiron said:

Some Russian dressings have pimentos and Thousand Island has pickles in them. The average priced dressing is likely to have neither.

I've never seen a hoot of difference between Russian, Thousand Island, or Catalina dressings.

The original Russian dressing, as I understand had either lobster roe or caviar.  Thousand Island is thickened with hardboiled egg.  

Catalina is nearly indistinguishable to French dressing.

• Thanks 1

A good steak doesn't need anything but grilled mushrooms and onions with it. A steak is not a hamburger.  You don't put ketchup and mustard or mayonnaise on it. Not even so-called "steak sauce".

Unless you like your steaks well done, and then you've cooked all the flavor out of it and there's no way you can make it any worse.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

So why are you looking for things to cover up the taste?  Certainly your food so your choice but I don't put stuff on good steak or bacon.  I only use something if I accidentally overcook it or it is not very good meat.  You could put thousand island on a piece of dog**** and it would taste like thousand island so why waste good meat? 

Hey....Longmire inspired me last week to put Brie cheese on a really nice, bone-in ribeye.  It was a great dinner.  I'm for rolling like Longmire.  Give it a shot....life is short.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, Walt Longmire said:

I mean, we all like a Big Mac with Thousand Island on it. Why not a little on a steak?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

• Like 2