I wasted some money on some tacticool foam

devildog2067

On 7/14/2020 at 8:28 AM, Pima Pants said:

It must take a steady hand and a sharp razor to cut that foam to fit.

I paid a professional outfit to do it. The foam I had before was hand cut with a hot wire foam cutter, and it was perfectly serviceable, but it didn't look like movie assassin kit the way this does.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, devildog2067 said:

Felt like buying something useless to combat the COVID craziness. Probably doesn't do any better of a job than the hand cut foam I was using before, but it sure looks cool.

ACtC-3fxySeYgfH-EKSmOdT20nnBQlE66ErD515B

It does look cool.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:37 PM, devildog2067 said:

I paid a professional outfit to do it. The foam I had before was hand cut with a hot wire foam cutter, and it was perfectly serviceable, but it didn't look like movie assassin kit the way this does.

Nice attention to detail.  Most movie assassins would have forgotten to include the Gerber Multitool and the batteries. :anim_rofl2:

Personally I'd F it up by trying to add a space for something I forgot.......

Edited by SC Tiger

On 7/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, Pima Pants said:

DD: Did you have to outline the items first before you took it to the professional cutters?

The folks I used (https://mycasebuilder.com/customfoam) have a library of shapes for common guns / mags / etc as well a tool to outline your items (by taking a photo) for stuff they don't have in their shapes library already. I used the library shapes for the AR and 1911 mags, but custom traced everything else. Works pretty well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, devildog2067 said:

The folks I used (https://mycasebuilder.com/customfoam) have a library of shapes for common guns / mags / etc as well a tool to outline your items (by taking a photo) for stuff they don't have in their shapes library already. I used the library shapes for the AR and 1911 mags, but custom traced everything else. Works pretty well.

Thank you. I never knew there was such a thing as this.