Front License Plate.

DrB

Ohio got rid of that crapola July 1st. Pulled the plate and the carrier of my truck this morning.  Looks a lot better without that bug catcher up front.  Does your state require them yet?

Dave..

• Thanks 1

Nope. Never had them.

I refused a new car that had a dealer advertising plate when I had specifically told the salesman no plate, no bracket.

They got me another car WITHOUT the bracket. You pay your money, you get your preference.

• Like 4

We used to have them and then the law changed. 

My two year old truck still has the bracket for it. It came from another state and frankly, I haven't thought about it much in order to remove it. With the temperature hitting 113º F today, I won't be doing it today either.

• Like 1

For some reason (other than I liked it!),  I put a plate of the Alabama state flag on the front. 

No one here even knows what it is, but it wigs people out,  and actually seems to scare some.  I often get asked about it.  Most think it's a klan thing, or something similar.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, blueiron said:

My two year old truck still has the bracket for it.

When I removed mine it made for a cleaner look.  I didn't have the proper security bit  for the screws but 2 minutes with the drill fixed that.

• Like 2

unfortunately Washington State requires them.  Which really sucks because my truck didn't even have a rear license plate mounting location when I bought it, let alone a front one.

My other truck the front plate is held on by some very heavy wire.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Finally Ohio did something right.  Of course the OSP opposed it like they did all the concealed carry laws that passed here.  Most things they oppose as to freedom related things for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zonny said:

No. Not for as long as I can remember. But then again, most rear plates I see here are barely legible. 

Creative mud puddle driving plus those protective plastic guards can do that. Especially when the guards are dome shape. 

Edited by railfancwb
Correct auto correct
  • Like 1

Here's the front license plate list:

• Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • District of Columbia
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • Rhode Island
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

* Massachusetts requires at least one license plate, and it can be on the front or the rear of the vehicle, leaving it up to the driver.