Grocery shopping yesterday, people are stupid

• Administrators
Just now, tadbart said:

I'm afraid you might be right, man.

The pendulum will swing back the other way eventually. The universe has a way of correcting its balance. I wonder how much worse things will be before we reach that tipping point though? How bloody will the correction be? What will be left of this nation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

The pendulum will swing back the other way eventually. The universe has a way of correcting its balance. I wonder how much worse things will be before we reach that tipping point though? How bloody will the correction be? What will be left of this nation?

I fear that is what it will take. 

• Thanks 1

Just seems like the pendulum swings more toward the extreme on every pass. Maybe it's just me getting old and conservative. I definitely feel the need for an impending correction, even though it will probably be painful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Just seems like the pendulum swings more toward the extreme on every pass. Maybe it's just me getting old and conservative. I definitely feel the need for an impending correction, even though it will probably be painful.

I don't know why it has to get this way. One group (Us) wants to preserve this great country and see it prosper. Another wants to destroy it. I think group 2 should just GTFO and go live (or die) somewhere else.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I don't know why it has to get this way. One group (Us) wants to preserve this great country and see it prosper. Another wants to destroy it. I think group 2 should just GTFO and go live (or die) somewhere else.

but... who's gonna feed and clothe and house and provide for them and buy them tattoos, if not US?

I say cut the ******* off, hold the criminals accountable, and let the jail system do what it does for those who refuse to get right with society. But, we clearly see THAT ain't happ'nin...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since February I've dropped from 189 pounds to 172, while putting on about 5 pounds of muscle.  I've improved my cardiovascular health to the point where I hit 100% of my theoretical max heart rate (163) without breaking a sweat during my stress test last week.  My mild high blood pressure is now running in the one hundred and teens over the 70-80s.  A1C is better and cholesterol is down to 173 from 300+.  Not bad for 57.
So, by taking steps that I knew would have a positive impact on my ability to survive Covid, I significantly reduced my risk profile.  I guarantee that improved my likelihood of surviving this thing more than social distancing and a mask would.
Most people are to lazy to do all that, so they put on masks or cower in their homes, or both.

I'm going to make a change to that statement.   You wear the mask because you HOPE it lessens the chance of infecting others. 

The concept of why people are wearing them is easy to understand.  Proof that masks actually achieve that objective is lacking.  Why is that so hard to grasp?

Do you have double blind studies to show the steps you took reduced your risk? Or do you just hope it lessens your chances of infection or serious injury?

LOL. You set up the unachievable bar for practices you don't like then "know" and "guarantee" the practices you embrace will work. The logical fallacy is strong.

Finally, statistical risks cannot be applied to one person. Even if the health choices you made decrease infection by 99% you could be the 1%. Statistics guide us but they don't guarantee anything.

Wyzz presents a good point about having a healthy vessel from which to fight- Something I have had a lot of time to think about lately. End of the day, it can't hurt to have normal labs, BMI, vitals, etc, when fighting an infection. Sure beats fighting an infection AND abnormals in  all those things.

Just like every day life, this whole mask, isolation, stuff, it's all about personal risk mitigation. Choose to do what you think is right...

...I reevaluated my risk tolerances, and am adjusting my behaviors to match. That's all that can be asked of anyone, really.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with improving overall health and nothing wrong with wearing a mask but let's not pretend they guarantees anything.

Masks are not 0% effective and they aren't 100% effective. Same with physical fitness. Wearing a mask hurts almost no one so it's any easy step to take. It doesn't have to be the only step we take.

I wear a mask and hate big government. Mind blown!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't note the headline,  and I'm not sure what their point was,  but I saw a picture on the front page of a newspaper and there was a long row of people,  all lined up and all properly wearing masks.

But they were all wearing black t-shirts with "I can't breathe." printed on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think every individual seeking to maximize his own safety and well-being, maximizes the overall safety and well-being of society. That's why statements such as "I wear this mask not for me, but for you" fall flat for me. If I am your main concern stay home.

I also am immediately suspect of any behavioral advice from the government, corporate America, and the MSM. I've seen way too much waffling, flip-flopping, and self-serving mendacity from those guys. The recent ridiculous endorsement of the BLM protest riots by the same government "leaders" who shut down the American economy and society is proof positive to me that such people cannot be trusted.

Today I'll be going to a local hospital for some (non-ChinaVirus) tests. I'll wear a mask, not because of some BS altruism for "others", but because the owners of the hospital require it as a condition of using their private business. I'll also leave my gun in my car because they don't want me to carry in their business.

I know it's complicated, and I wish no one ill, but I'll fight all this media-induced mob panic as long as I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I didn't note the headline,  and I'm not sure what their point was,  but I saw a picture on the front page of a newspaper and there was a long row of people,  all lined up and all properly wearing masks.

But they were all wearing black t-shirts with "I can't breathe." printed on them.

Soon enough they should begin collapsing. 

• Haha 1

Right now as screwed up as the reporting agencies are, no one knows whats going on.  In the US its no longer an epidemic depending on who you believe.   The CDC stats show it doesn't meet their own requirements for an epidemic. They won't admit it though and its just a matter of time before they change their own deffinition.   There  are motorcycle wreck deaths are counted as covid, people going in for unrelated surgery that are counted as hospital case because they test positive, and positive cases reported when you have had the flu (another covid) not covid 19.

I will wear a mask in places where they require it because It is private property and much like CC they have that right.  Otherwise I do not wear and but out of respect will give in to a reasonable separation 3-6 feet.   I will not wear a mask and still separate in a store because that is not the guidelines. If others don't like it that's their prerogative.

I am looking forward to their being NO flu cases when they start recording them in Oct/Nov. though.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 7:57 AM, Huaco Kid said:

B49D3006-7B0E-4C95-8D7A-2AEC3FE8F9DD.png

• Like 1

Wearing a layer of knit t-shirt material across your face so you can virtue-signal how much you care about other people's health is laughable, and a reflection on your level of thought.  Believing that anyone who isn't wearing a mask must therefore not care about your health is an unwarranted assumption based on your own prejudices against people who won't do what you tell them to.  You have NO IDEA why they aren't wearing one unless they tell you why.  Medical?  Psychological?  Autistic and can't tolerate the sensations without losing it?  Motivated by the belief that they will spread MORE of the disease by wearing one rather than less and they are actually caring more about you than you are about them?  They value the rights of the individual over the "rights of the collective" that always end so well?  Sociopathic and really just don't care?  YOU DON'T KNOW.

Wearing a mask because the owner of the private property you are standing on requires them... is simply respecting private property rights, the way you would want your own respected.  Seeing as how N-95 masks set off my asthma at the 45 minute mark, I'll get the hell off your property long before then, if I am unable to find a way to provide what I need without setting foot on your property in the first place, which I will definitely do my utmost to achieve, since masks are security theater just like storeowners prohibition sting firearms on the premises is, and just like having to take off your freaking shoes at the airport.   Paying a $500 fine because you are outside on public property without a mask on in some random area the governing Karen decides is her personal definition of  "crowded" is a violation of your rights.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near someone without a mask, doesn't have to go there.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near a person who IS wearing a mask doesn't have to go there.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near children, or old people, or white people, or black people, or red/yellow/brown/blue/purple-people ,or 2A protesters, or antifa animals has the right to choose to go there, or not to go there.  The property is PUBLIC.  Everyone has a right to be on it, EVEN THE PEOPLE/IDIOTS YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.  Everyone has the right to be there, and the right to choose whether or not they will exercise that right, but no one has the right to bar any other law-abiding citizen from that public property.  And masks are not law.  They are Executive Orders that have completely bypassed the legislature on the grounds that our governor can simply extend her emergency indefinitely and make whatever decrees her tyrannical little soul wishes in her campaign to be be Biden's VP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Wearing a layer of knit t-shirt material across your face so you can virtue-signal how much you care about other people's health is laughable, and a reflection on your level of thought.  Believing that anyone who isn't wearing a mask must therefore not care about your health is an unwarranted assumption based on your own prejudices against people who won't do what you tell them to.  You have NO IDEA why they aren't wearing one unless they tell you why.  Medical?  Psychological?  Autistic and can't tolerate the sensations without losing it?  Motivated by the belief that they will spread MORE of the disease by wearing one rather than less and they are actually caring more about you than you are about them?  They value the rights of the individual over the "rights of the collective" that always end so well?  Sociopathic and really just don't care?  YOU DON'T KNOW.

Wearing a mask because the owner of the private property you are standing on requires them... is simply respecting private property rights, the way you would want your own respected.  Seeing as how N-95 masks set off my asthma at the 45 minute mark, I'll get the hell off your property long before then, if I am unable to find a way to provide what I need without setting foot on your property in the first place, which I will definitely do my utmost to achieve, since masks are security theater just like storeowners prohibition sting firearms on the premises is, and just like having to take off your freaking shoes at the airport.   Paying a $500 fine because you are outside on public property without a mask on in some random area the governing Karen decides is her personal definition of  "crowded" is a violation of your rights.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near someone without a mask, doesn't have to go there.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near a person who IS wearing a mask doesn't have to go there.  Anyone who doesn't want to be near children, or old people, or white people, or black people, or red/yellow/brown/blue/purple-people ,or 2A protesters, or antifa animals has the right to choose to go there, or not to go there.  The property is PUBLIC.  Everyone has a right to be on it, EVEN THE PEOPLE/IDIOTS YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.  Everyone has the right to be there, and the right to choose whether or not they will exercise that right, but no one has the right to bar any other law-abiding citizen from that public property.  And masks are not law.  They are Executive Orders that have completely bypassed the legislature on the grounds that our governor can simply extend her emergency indefinitely and make whatever decrees her tyrannical little soul wishes in her campaign to be be Biden's VP.

:goodpost:

Use common sense. Wear a mask when common sense calls for it.  

Don’t wear a mask all the time or your body will not develop immunities for the Winter months. 

Our youngest survived COVID-19, thank God. The Doctors we consulted say this virus is weakening with more circulation.  

There is a strong chance most of us will get it.  You can take the new vaccine when it comes out. I will let others be the crash dummy. 

There is a dangerous virus afoot that should be respected but the big picture here is making sure a non-establishment President doesn’t get re-elected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1