City of Seattle Re-educates White Employees to Recognize ‘Complicity in the System of White Supremacy’

pipedreams

The employees need to file discrimination suit against the city.

Hire some good lawyers that would eat the city alive.

"The City of Seattle invited white municipal employees to take part in diversity education seminars last month that stressed their “complicity in the system of white supremacy” and sought to re-educate them to “interrupt racism.”"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/10/city-of-seattle-reeducates-white-employees-to-recognize-complicity-in-the-system-white-supremacy/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

God have mercy.  I'm sure this is going to happen where i work.

We were already sent to a mandatory class on our microaggression .

I set the tone of from the start when the teacher said it was obvious i didn't want to be there.

"Begging your pardon, ma'am.  But when i get agressive there won't be anything micro about it."

I was asked to leave.  And i happily did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

The employees need to file discrimination suit against the city.

Hire some good lawyers that would eat the city alive.

"The City of Seattle invited white municipal employees to take part in diversity education seminars last month that stressed their “complicity in the system of white supremacy” and sought to re-educate them to “interrupt racism.”"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/10/city-of-seattle-reeducates-white-employees-to-recognize-complicity-in-the-system-white-supremacy/

What next!  Take over a 6 square block of down town and claim it a Liberal haven?

Lawsuit, Federal Level.

that is Workplace Harassment and creating a Harmful work Environment.

i had to take H.R, Hiring Courses a while back and got to that point before i was asked to leave because of "My Attitude" and "Sense of Humor"

but that will be a very good Legal Payday, Cities are not Exempt from Discriminatory Practices. and According to our Instructor "Sense of Humor" is not a Legal Defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get it.  Policy directives of the employer should dictate that if you are a pric...a jerk...or worse...and you truly do....something wrong.

You don't need to work there.

The only conference i ever went to had a lawyer from the state's EO department who told us....the maximums.   She was funny. She was smart as hell.  And we actually learned something.

But then again this isn't about doing what's right.  And if it ain't right...then what is it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1