Let's See Your Carry Knife

Eric

After losing a couple of Case knives over the years, and misplacing a Kershaw assisted opener for several months, my daily carry is a $4 Walmart special. It feels better than knives I've paid 5-7 times as much for, and if it gets scuffed up or lost, I have three more and don't care at all. If I go somewhere where I know I can't have it, or get called out for it, I'll toss it in a bush until I come back and not worry about losing it.

6c27b1dc-7ad4-4e88-aed3-9d3750a91b94_1.21dc9b7bc70a61c2f437c1273cacb8d7.jpeg

• Like 4

On 7/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, Historian said:

A c  note?  Where are you shopping?    Most of the case knives i have are $40 to $60 new. 

Unless yours is a collectors model based on age.

Case Bone Stockman, medium, is about $53 on Amazon.

https://caseknives.com/products/genuine-stag-small-stockman

Amazon price. https://www.amazon.com/Case-Small-Stockman-Pocket-Knife/dp/B01G605UES/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=small+case+stag+stockman&qid=1595128013&sr=8-1

First Runner Up: https://www.amazon.com/Case-Small-Genuine-Stockman-Pocket/dp/B001DRP96O/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=small+case+stag+stockman&qid=1595128113&sr=8-3

Haven't priced one of these on the street, and figure they are some less expensive. I'm referring to a certain size and the stag handle. Still.

I carry a Kershaw around that is much less expensive and is more of a hand size. It doesn't weigh down the bottom of my pocket. The thing I like about the baby Case.

Edited by LostinTexas

My Cold Steel Tuff Lite is a pretty good deal at $29, but you can usually find it for cheaper.  This is one of my whittling knifes and the Wharnecliffe blade is known for its cutting power.  I've used it to cut knots out of Birch and Ash branches.

tuffLiteCrop.jpg

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Haven't priced one of these on the street, and figure they are some less expensive. I'm referring to a certain size and the stag handle. Still.

I carry a Kershaw around that is much less expensive and is more of a hand size. It doesn't weigh down the bottom of my pocket. The thing I like about the baby Case.

Ayep, certain models cost more for some reason.

But if you look around you can find a Case Stockman at a a good price.

BF0C9568-680D-42A9-8728-BE6E337E1332.thumb.jpeg.44e87be1c81e4ae7e449f12d55e3ebc5.jpeg

This is a Buck 119 that I modified to make sense.  I ground the thin, upswept tip into a more useable and less breakable drop point.  I only lost 1/4”, and now I get to use the whole cutting edge.  Then I wrapped the slippery plastic handle with sisal, and treated it with epoxy resin.  After I finished off, I have a handle that I can grip without the slip.  Finally, I ground off the upper portion of the blade guard to allow me to bear down on the back of the blade.  

This one is usually on my hip when we’re out riding the quads.

403D2C23-08D5-45F2-86C5-7180D2B633A1.thumb.jpeg.884bd2f916ce56e30ced093104e670f2.jpegThis one is a Spyderco Paramilitary 2, with carbon fiber scales and a blade made from 52100.  I like high carbon steels better than the typical new supersteels.  Using my bench stones, I can make this one scary sharp, and it’ll stay that wayFor a while.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2020 at 8:24 PM, Prescott said:

This Camillus has gone everywhere with me for 20+ years.

image.jpeg

I like beat-up and used tools.

I've got a Randall (a small one) that is a camping knife.  No safe-princesses here.

I loaned my son-in-law some guns and knives when they moved to Alaska,  so they could get dinged up, properly.

I've got Dad's Buck 119, that I gave him as a gift,  decades ago.  I found it in his fishing stuff in the garage.  It's a favorite camping knife.

(If  I wore all of my favorite camping knives when I was camping,  I'd look like Machete.)

• Thanks 1

20200729_160134.jpg3910468614115356115_PerfectlyClear.thumb.jpg.41f6dae9b8afae2bb76f43fdc33156dd.jpg

Usually one of the above depending on my planned activities. 90% of the time it's the Benchmade auto or the M.O.D. Trident (or a clone of the Trident, now made by Blackhawk & called the Point Man).

2nd from top has kydex pull sheath & hangs from my neck on a breakaway cord. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TBO said:

20200729_160134.jpg3910468614115356115_PerfectlyClear.thumb.jpg.41f6dae9b8afae2bb76f43fdc33156dd.jpg

Usually one of the above depending on my planned activities. 90% of the time it's the Benchmade auto or the M.O.D. Trident (or a clone of the Trident, now made by Blackhawk & called the Point Man).

2nd from top has kydex pull sheath & hangs from my neck on a breakaway cord. 

How did you apply the hamon on that Becker?  I like the looks of that, and wouldn’t mind apply one to mine.  

I have the same one, only I put the custom scales on it and I have an Armatus sheath en route as we speak.  I thought it might help free up a little pocket real estate.

How did you apply the hamon on that Becker?  I like the looks of that, and wouldn’t mind apply one to mine.    

I have the same one, only I put the custom scales on it and I have an Armatus sheath en route as we speak.  I thought it might help free up a little pocket real estate.

I Googled links to Para wrapping knife handles. I do like the scales they make, but wanted to add the Para for possible field use. 

I'm not the handiest fella, but I wrapped 3 or 4 knives and was happy with each one (as far as quantity of the wrap).

I'll see if I have the links someplace on my old computer, or just search, I found a lot and that was quite a while back.

Sincerely

Edit: opps, forgot to address the hamon, sorry. This was a custom limited edition run by the factory.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 1