Let's See Your Carry Knife

Eric

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

This is the only Spyderco knife I still have. I somehow managed to give away all the GT Spyderco knives even. I thought I kept one back for myself, but I screwed up.

The knife below is one of a series of knives that Spyderco made in partnership with Jerry Hossom. They are discontinued and hard to find. I'd love to get the others in the series as well.

2068190129_JPEGimage5.thumb.jpeg.d62c088f43f5cb1dfed010d6064a52f6.jpeg

I remember those. tom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

I would really like to find some old Case or Buck or Schrade knives in good shape. They have a following and carry some value. When I was growing up, those old black and silver Buck knives is the image that the word 'knife' called to mind for me.

Those are all quality old folders.   Anyone of them would do.  The older the better.   Case still makes a lovely knife.  Buck just means knife to me.  Like you, when i was a kid, it was the thing.   They still make a nice knife but their edge sometimes needs work.

I don't know.  Doesn't seem right to put on your pants and not have a Case or a Schrade on the pocket.

• Like 3

in my most recent rotation is

CRKT Ignitor, still going after a long time now.

ignitor.thumb.png.80d89d2a8e988f8db5def8cf740fc3b6.png

Ka-Bar Tdi-, Balances out the Magazine side Nicely and is a very Good Last Ditch Knife.

tdi.jpg.a57d3f7c697126b6dcd84eaa3df402d4.jpg

and most often now that i can Legally.

a $35.00 Lightning OTF, because i can and i`m not going to carry a more Expensive One.

lightning.jpg.519cd4b36eab5c1e9c337fab252a6bdf.jpg

all stock Photos, i don't even know where my Camera is..

• Like 4

I've got Dad's 119,  that I gave him as a gift, 40 years ago.  I found it in his fishing stuff,  after he died.

I got half a dozen more.  Not sure where they all came from.

I got a couple Frontiersman's.  I think, because that's what the Manson family used.  You can split firewood with them.  And Hollywood elite.

I've got my 112,  from elementary school.

We were allowed to have them on our belts in elementary school.  I don't recall anyone ever getting stabbed.

Maybe stuck in the middle of a foot,  playing mumbly-peg,  which we were allowed to do at recess.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Historian said:

I also carry one of these.

P-38_Can_Opener.jpg.6e88009d0c277439ac5e1fb097409c4d.jpg

Those things are a PITA for lefties. Ironically, I once found a place that sold a lefty version and it was ackward for me as well, having used the right-handed version for so long. Stupid right-handed people.

• Haha 2

Three knives that I can carry even with a bulky cellphone in the same pocket.  Top to bottom: Benchmade Mini Freek, Benchmade Bugout, and Spyderco Delica.

miniFreekBugoutDelicaOpenCropMed.jpg

Here's a picture of them closed (since this is the way that they spend 99% of their lives).

miniFreekBugoutDelicaClosedCropMed.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/10/2020 at 12:11 PM, Eric said:

After Benchmade came out with their Axis Lock I swore I would never carry a liner lock again, but I found this Böker a couple of months ago and it followed me home. It has one of the tightest, smoothest actions I have ever seen and I love the grind of the blade. I like the look of the overall knife as well. It is a clean look.

1640102118_JPEGimage4.thumb.jpeg.23b8a84409826e329409dac785339aee.jpeg

1466845816_JPEGimage7.thumb.jpeg.f6cca31e620b4e8869894d26b42f66ad.jpeg

1086254823_JPEGimage2.thumb.jpeg.59fc820f317c98d9d088f6cb1559a515.jpeg

1065113907_JPEGimage3.thumb.jpeg.dfa03cfec5395844603977389559ee05.jpeg

Let's see your carry knives.

Holy crap! Böker makes steak knives that are the same model as my folding knife! And only $100 a pair.:biggrin:

boeker-plus-kwaiken-steak-knife-set-03bo810set.jpg.7d16403db5c84bf6a9831d2d93abdc2b.jpg

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

So did I until after several times of getting the pointy end under my fingernail, I finally gave up. tom.

I read a great history book by a Marine who managed to leave a scar on his hand with one of these:  While he was on Guadalcanal it was not as big a concern as one would imagine.

Dean Ladd.  He's still alive.  I have his autograph on the wall to my left.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

This is a Small Stockman, Case. Stag handle. I have one that is up in age. I almost choke d when I saw the prices now. The whole thing is about 2 1/2 inches folded.

I won't be carrying this one any more.

00178_Small_Stockman_MAIN.jpg

Carry it around the house and use it.   That is a perfect knife.  My first one was the same version.  But the large model.

Wear it to Sunday dinner.  That knife was meant to be used.

• Like 1