A Rock-Ola Carbine I Found in the Vault

DrB

2 hours ago, Valmet said:

Nice looking old carbine. I've owned Postalmeters and Saginaws and sold them all like an idiot. 

Thanks.  It has not been cleaned up.  It is how arrived from the CMP.  I think it will clean up nice.  I also have a Bavarian police return from the CMP in the back. (Sorry I mean at the bottom of the river)

Dave..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrB said:

Thanks.  It has not been cleaned up.  It is how arrived from the CMP.  I think it will clean up nice.  I also have a Bavarian police return from the CMP in the back. (Sorry I mean at the bottom of the river)

Did you ever clean anything from the CMP?  I'd hate to to think of all that gun grease in the river.

55 minutes ago, Historian said:

Did you ever clean anything from the CMP?  I'd hate to to think of all that gun grease in the river.

The cosmoline will keep them from rusting so that is a plus..

5 minutes ago, DrB said:

The cosmoline will keep them from rusting so that is a plus..

While unusual.  Such carbines were not horribly expensive in the past.

That is a dream rifle.   Pretty much in the same ball park as a Winchester with the right numbers to make it a paratrooper folder.

18 years ago when i was a green new patrolman...i qualified and carried an Inland version of the M1 Carbine.  Made in 1943.

To this day it makes for an exceptional close quarters weapon.  Pretty much a .357.  You could stop a threat at home nicely with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Ruger offered the Super Blackhawk in 30 carbine caliber, and someone offered a semi-automatic pistol in the caliber. 

Ruger once offered a version of the 10/22 in 44 magnum.

I'd drop solid cash for one these days.

That would be a hell of a fine home defense and hunting carbine. 

30 Carbine was a high pressure round.  I have heard the muzzle blast from the Ruger was impressive.  Never seen one shot though.

Offhand anyone know what the pressure was?