OriginalEgyption Import Steyer Maadi

DrB

Mine is original import stamped Seacaucis, N.J.  Not one of the US assembled ones.  I believe only 2,000 ere brought in.  Was told "Except for the selective fire option and the markings on the receiver , this is a soviet AKM. Yet no more than 2000 were brought in before the importation ceased."

Brought it home for the weekend.  Low serial number, under 1,000. Mine is unfired, bought new in the 80's and I have the import paper around here somewhere.

I posted about it long time ago but now I can take a picture or two if anyone is interested?  I don't think I posted any

A Lowlife dealer awhile ago offered me $1,000 for it, sight unseen and told me it was just a common AK.  Needless to say I told him to go pound sand, they are worth way more than that.

Dave..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Historian said:

I have to ask:  By chance was it used in a movie.

The chair is against the wall.
John has a long mustache.

Nope.  Came up from a distributor in Ashland, OH.  I was very good friends with a gun shop owner and sometimes worked at the store.  He went down and picked it up for me.  Was less than $500.00 and they were closing the ones they had out.  Ammo was like $1.00 a pop back then if even you could find it.  I guess that's why I never shot it. 

Dave..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Valmet said:

That's a $3-3.5k rifle these days. 

Yep, glad I held on to it.

Today I went out for the mail, there was the new issue of Firearms News and there is an article about the Maddi AKM. "The Closest Rifle to a Russian AK Ever Available to Americans" in it.

Looking forward to reading the article.  Yes, I still like to read a print magazine when I can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redhookbklyn said:

Beautiful rifle, Doc.  What were the coordinates where that one sunk to the bottom?  Might have to drag the river bottom.?

Actually there are several spots.  Seems every time I bring a gun up from the vault to post pictures here, when I go to take them back I have another canoeing accident crossing the river.

Kinda like the Lost Dutchman's Mine.  Have fun looking...I ain't telling..ave

Dave..