Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

7 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

I remember when a few/some/most/all were saying it would go away with the heat and humidity of summer.

TB ( and I ) are both getting plenty of that lately; so that wives' tale is right out.

Kick it's ass, Buddy. The next lunch is on me.

I don't think anyone said it would go away, I think the idea is that it would decline.   The fact that some people are still getting sick doesn't mean it isn't declining. 

1 hour ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I don't think anyone said it would go away, I think the idea is that it would decline.   The fact that some people are still getting sick doesn't mean it isn't declining. 

I remember when a few/some/most/all were saying it would go away with the heat and humidity of summer.

I thought I put enough weasel words in to CMA.

It's certainly not declining in FL. The only saving grace is FL is now it is infecting peeps 15 years younger than the initial wave and they are not needing hospital care as much.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

It's certainly not declining in FL. The only saving grace is FL is now it is infecting peeps 15 years younger than the initial wave and they are not needing hospital care as much.

No need to CYA, I think our positions are pretty similar.  Yeah more cases reported, but fewer deaths per case. 

To me, cases reported is pretty meaningless and pretty easy to manipulate, want more cases, do more testing.  Deaths on the other hand are much harder to inflate.  Yeah they can classify a death as Covid when it isn't, but there's a ceiling to that approach namely not enough people dying for them to misclassify. 

The first wave took people with co-morbidities.  This second wave is hitting people who are more able to shake it off (hopefully that is Tadbart).   

Herd immunity is getting closer.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Positive tests going up and hospitalizations and deaths going down shows it IS declining.  The right thing is declining.  Notice the MSM and Fauci are focusing on the number of positive tests.  Not deaths or hospitalizations, but the number of positive tests.  We knew as more testing became available, we'd see more positives.   

They're not talking about deaths on purpose.  NYC just had it's first day with a C-19 death.  That is a significant decline, and doesn't support the narrative that we need to destroy out economy and businesses.

When government tells you one thing, and the private sector tells you another, believe the private sector.

Recent articles.

https://thepoliticsofduh.com/2020/07/05/cases-are-up-lets-celebrate/

UPDATED: Cases Are Up, Let’s Celebrate

Floriduh:   https://noqreport.com/2020/07/07/coronavirus-surge-in-florida-yields-3-deaths-per-10000-case-for-people-under-34/

Coronavirus ‘surge’ in Florida yields 3 deaths per 10,000 cases for people under 34

https://medium.com/@vernunftundrichtigkeit/coronavirus-why-everyone-was-wrong-fce6db5ba809

Coronavirus: Why everyone was wrong

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Focus ****ers, take your bickering elsewhere!

Our dude is in ICU, no remdisavir available until 7/13, making due with steroids and O2. He is able to post on fb so that’s good.

Thank you for both comments.  I hope this conversation returns to the care and welfare of a decent man within our community here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Our dude is in ICU, no remdisavir available until 7/13, making due with steroids and O2. He is able to post on fb so that’s good.

Been following this one, thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NPTim said:

What's he saying on FB, other than what you've already provided?  Is the ICU crowded and he's not getting enough attention, or is he getting quality care?  Any idea why the severe state?  Unlucky? Co-morbidities?

1 hour ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

What's he saying on FB, other than what you've already provided?  Is the ICU crowded and he's not getting enough attention, or is he getting quality care?  Any idea why the severe state?  Unlucky? Co-morbidities?

Dry up dude. Call him yourself. You are becoming unhinged. You seem to be losing it. Jeez, I thought I was unhinged. Thanks for making me seem well balanced. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Edited by NPTim
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Dry up dude. Call him yourself. You are becoming unhinged. You seem to be losing it. Jeez, I thought I was unhinged. Thanks for making me seem well balanced. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Why is it unhinged to ask about the quality of his care and how he's doing? I thought that was a pretty typical response.  I can't call him myself, I only know him on here.  Tell you what, how about you go f yourself!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

As far as the people ignoring precautions, the med community should be using your inside knowledge to get truth to the people, but a lot of you have chosen to side with a bunch of anti-freedom politicians. Your credibility has suffered for that, and we all pay the price.

Uh, they’ve been shouting it from the rooftops for months. Where were you, bolstering your normalcy bias by posting on Facebook how it’s all a liberal hoax?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Uh, they’ve been shouting it from the rooftops for months. Where were you, bolstering your normalcy bias by posting on Facebook how it’s all a liberal hoax?

No, I was dead. Didn't you read the models?

He sounds normal, not a valid indicator though. Still reassuring. Trying to finagle the HCQ protocol while he is in an ideal place for that treatment. He is in good spirits and has multiple RN checking in on him. 

For the record, and should you, God forbid, find yourself in his shoes, HCQ can’t be filled at pharmacies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

39 minutes ago, NPTim said:

He sounds normal, not a valid indicator though. Still reassuring. Trying to finagle the HCQ protocol while he is in an ideal place for that treatment. He is in good spirits and has multiple RN checking in on him. 

For the record, and should you, God forbid, find yourself in his shoes, HCQ can’t be filled at pharmacies.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NPTim said:

Thank you for making actual contact with him.

Tell him there's a cold beer at the end of this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

Is he still at the -xxx5 number and taking calls ?  I was thinking of calling him.

• Like 1

Hey guys. What a whirlwind. Thank you all for your genuine concern.

6.28. Dry cough

6.30. Body aches and fatigue, profoundly worsening.

7.1. Loss of taste and smell. Got swabbed at a health dept site.

7.3. Fever. Shortness of breath. Cough persistently. Terrible joint pain and fatigue. First trip to ER. Steroids, high flow oxygen.  Couple hours later discharged home with zithromax and prednisone. Pending two covid tests.

7.5. Condition worsened. Acute shortness of breath. O2 sat 89% at home. 103 fever. Missus drove me back to the ER. Admitted to ICU step-down. Test back, positive covid. Mild sepsis. Hypoxia.

"We're gonna do remdesivir and get you better asap!" Well, Florida is out of remdesivir til 7.13.

"Let's admit you to ICU and do convalescent donor plasma antibodies." Ordered at 10a on 7.7. Still waiting. Been treating my symptoms well with steroids, antibiotics, a handful of meds, but not addressing the cause. Finally started on HCQ tonight at 8.

Let's talk vascular access. I'm the guy who lets new medics and nurses practice IV starts on me. FOURTEEN IV ATTEMPTS. ONE SUCCESS. IN MY PECTORAL. So, I now have a picc line.

Current symptoms- weak as hell. Rolling over in bed works me out. Takes about 20 minutes to recover. Bedside toilet? Hour recovery. Current o2 sat is 94%, on a high flow nasal CPAP thing giving me 50% concentrated oxygen (you peasants get 21%). I normally run 98% on room air. 

Daily chest xrays look worse and worse. Started as infiltrates in both bases. Moved up to lateral and middle aspects of both lungs. Upper lobes still clear. No mention of ARDS. Let's keep it that way.

Plan. Continue HCQ. Get plasma, then downgrade to PCU for discharge planning in a few days.

Guys, thanks again for your concern. I'm Kenneth Kehoe on Facebook if ya wanna add. Multiple media is tough to manage on a good day. Impossible when you're sick.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1