Jump to content
tadbart

Might Be My Turn.

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Zonny said:

You’re naughty ;)

What I meant was that I do considerable lip reading, to full in what I miss by ear.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I forgot to add my expert medical advice, coffee enemas every half hour on the quarter hour.  Make sure they are HOT!  Fressshshshshshshs out of the pot.

 

Guy was in the hospital where his Doc prescribed a coffee enema. A nurse comes in to administer it. As soon as it starts the patient starts grimacing. The cute blonde nurse asks if it is too hot. The patient replies, 

 

 

 

" No, too sweet "

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, janice6 said:

What I meant was that I do considerable lip reading, to full in what I miss by ear.

Even without actual lip reading, we depend on many visual cues to understand what people say. The loss of those cues coupled with the muffling caused by the masks leaves many of us wondering what people are saying. I usually just say "Sorry, I have a hearing disability. Could you speak a little louder? SPEAK UP, YA DANG WHIPPERSNAPPER!" Suddenly they're in fear of breaking another liberal taboo and comply with my request.

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kind encouraging words and humor, guys!

Symptoms are quite fascinating. Most profoundly, the dizziness and shortness of breath. I'm guessing my pulse ox is lower than normal. Coughing spells damn near make ya pass out. And the absolute worst part? No taste.

Pounding the Emergen-C, gonna go get some zinc on my trip out to get swabbed tomorrow. Masking up because it's the polite thing to do. Will get antibody labs drawn when I go back to work.

Funny- I like my whiskey, but have no desire to have a drink. No shakes yet, either, lol!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to say it:  You sound positive.

A tea spoon of that whiskey in some warm tea might be just the ticket before bed.

I swear Scotch can cure things.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Symptoms are quite fascinating. Most profoundly, the dizziness and shortness of breath. I'm guessing my pulse ox is lower than normal. Coughing spells damn near make ya pass out. And the absolute worst part? No taste.

I was sick as a dog for the better part of a week.  I pretty much just worked through it (it was right before the world went berserk and I was on the other side of the country).  I had a lot of achy fatigue, also.

I don't remember if I had the 'no taste' part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, M&P15T said:

It's going to be fine.

There is no way to stop, contain or slow COVID. It's going to do what it's going to do, and there's nothing to be done about it.

It's classic distraction by government.  With more testing, naturally comes more positives.  All the talk is of the "new cases" but there is no talk about the empty beds, the ventilators not being used, and the low death rate.  Our 100 beds never came close to being filled and our fleet of vents were never fully used.  Some patient areas are even closed down due to zero patients.  The quickly made emergency centers around the area haven't seen a single patient, but the number of positive cases keep climbing.

Fauci just predicted 100k new cases a day, but said nothing about how few deaths were to be expected, or even the current death rate which is well under 1%.

Anyone notice how all the talk about HCQ died down?  It's because the vast majority of people don't need meds of any kind.  The drug Fauci was pushing had a 50% success rate in clinical trials.  I've never seen an FDA approval on such dismal results.  

The next line of BS will be the number of remdesivir doses that were sold.  Any time a new drug is released, there is a bolus to fill the shelves across the distribution channels.  We'll see those number reported in a manner that makes it appear thousands of doses are being used, when most of it is being sold by Gilead to stock shelves.  You may even see them compare the number of doses being sold vs the low death rate, in order to make it look like it saved the day.   

ETA:

Just heard on local news that hospitals are "filling up with Covid patients".  Hospitals in Shelby County TN have "200 patients hospitalized."  200 out of over 10k positive, and some of those 200 could be from MS, AR, and outside of Shelby County .

Early on, they were protecting hospital beds and not admitting unless it was the worst case scenario, and a patient had to be hospitalized to get HCQ.  Since the curve never happened and beds are empty, it could just be that doctors can now actually admit people just to be safe.  The beds are available and the "curve" doesn't refer to hospitalizations, just positive cases.

Dr. Drew was right.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PPQer said:

It's classic distraction by government.  With more testing, naturally comes more positives.  All the talk is of the "new cases" but there is no talk about the empty beds, the ventilators not being used, and the low death rate.  Our 100 beds never came close to being filled and our fleet of vents were never fully used.  Some patient areas are even closed down due to zero patients.  The quickly made emergency centers around the area haven't seen a single patient, but the number of positive cases keep climbing.

Fauci just predicted 100k new cases a day, but said nothing about how few deaths were to be expected, or even the current death rate which is well under 1%.

Anyone notice how all the talk about HCQ died down?  It's because the vast majority of people don't need meds of any kind.  The drug Fauci was pushing had a 50% success rate in clinical trials.  I've never seen an FDA approval on such dismal results.  

The next line of BS will be the number of remdesivir doses that were sold.  Any time a new drug is released, there is a bolus to fill the shelves across the distribution channels.  We'll see those number reported in a manner that makes it appear thousands of doses are being used, when most of it is being sold by Gilead to stock shelves.  You may even see them compare the number of doses being sold vs the low death rate, in order to make it look like it saved the day.   

ETA:

Just heard on local news that hospitals are "filling up with Covid patients".  Hospitals in Shelby County TN have "200 patients hospitalized."  200 out of over 10k positive, and some of those 200 could be from MS, AR, and outside of Shelby County .

Early on, they were protecting hospital beds and not admitting unless it was the worst case scenario, and a patient had to be hospitalized to get HCQ.  Since the curve never happened and beds are empty, it could just be that doctors can now actually admit people just to be safe.  The beds are available and the "curve" doesn't refer to hospitalizations, just positive cases.

Dr. Drew was right.

 

 

 

 

 

There's so much more too.

Patients that go into the hospital for something other than COVID, are being coded as COVID patients. I'm too fatigued on the topic to explain it all, but there's no "spike", it's just getting federal tax dollars.....OUR ****ing money.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I talked to our Safety Director today.  He is the guy who reports daily to the health dept with our numbers.  He couldn't give me exact numbers of how many cases we see, but he said 20 was about the most we've seen at once, and he seemed to think that was a top end guess.  

There are two kinds of cases.  Verified and PUI.  PUI are patients waiting on their test to come back.  He said we may have had 12 PUI at once.  Our facility has setup nearly 100 rooms for C-19, and we have only used 20 as a maximum cumulative number.  Not exactly what Dr. Fauci predicted.

Here is an article I just ran across, if anyone is interested.  It discusses why a vaccine won't be easy to make.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-04-17/coronavirus-vaccine-ian-frazer/12146616

 

 

 

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you feeling today?

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Zonny said:

How are you feeling today?

 

I wanted to know the same thing.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Thanks for asking.

This is ROUGH. Woke at 1pm today, with malarial chills. Damn near shook off the toilet seat. Now, I'm pouring sweat. The constants are shortness of breath, dizziness, aches, and eye pain. You know that viral thing, where even your hair hurts? That's there aplenty. I'd highly recommend against contracting this ****. If the boogaloo happened today, I'd have to call in sick to it.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tadbart said:

Thanks for the kind encouraging words and humor, guys!

Symptoms are quite fascinating. Most profoundly, the dizziness and shortness of breath. I'm guessing my pulse ox is lower than normal. Coughing spells damn near make ya pass out. And the absolute worst part? No taste.

Pounding the Emergen-C, gonna go get some zinc on my trip out to get swabbed tomorrow. Masking up because it's the polite thing to do. Will get antibody labs drawn when I go back to work.

Funny- I like my whiskey, but have no desire to have a drink. No shakes yet, either, lol!

add an incredible back ache and your there man.

Juices,Zinc and ride it out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Historian said:

I swear Scotch can cure things.

cured my bout of the Sobers last weekend.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

cured my bout of the Sobers last weekend.

haven't had a drink in 3 or 4 days. zero desire to lift a dram.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tadbart said:

haven't had a drink in 3 or 4 days. zero desire to lift a dram.

i didn't drink when i had the China Syndrome either, i slept a lot, wished for a merciful end and sweated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i didn't drink when i had the China Syndrome either, i slept a lot, wished for a merciful end and sweated.

exactly. no energy for much else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not want to get this thing.  I pity those who have.  Hang in there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tadbart said:

If the boogaloo happened today, I'd have to call in sick to it.

They'd have to put you up front as a biological weapon.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, tadbart said:

haven't had a drink in 3 or 4 days. zero desire to lift a dram.

(head down)

It's....serious....

I will pray for you.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Hey guys. Thanks for asking.

This is ROUGH. Woke at 1pm today, with malarial chills. Damn near shook off the toilet seat. Now, I'm pouring sweat. The constants are shortness of breath, dizziness, aches, and eye pain. You know that viral thing, where even your hair hurts? That's there aplenty. I'd highly recommend against contracting this ****. If the boogaloo happened today, I'd have to call in sick to it.

Sounds familiar.  Hang in there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...