Might Be My Turn.

tadbart

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Good news. Thanks.

Ah, the posting when first seeing vs posting after catching up on the thread. A few posts down, Tadbart posts from home having been discharged from the hospital. Seemingly, feeling a good bit better from his ICU days. :highfive:

I try to wait. Sometimes I don't have the patience.

Regardless, I haven't posted my well wishes since the "patient" has survived.  I am truly glad to see that you have recovered sir. :cheers:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zonny said:

I don't understand the whole idea of testing. Unless you're doing it daily, what good does it really do? Results here are taking upwards of 10 days to get back. Do you think those with mild or no symptoms are self-quarantining? I doubt it. My friends' in-laws got on a plane and flew home knowing full well they were just visiting a relative who's entire family was ill and turned out positive. 

I just cancelled my Alaska trip for this year. Impossible to meet the testing requirements to enter the state and useless anyway.

and that is the Scariest part of all of this, Depending on others to wash hands, wear masks and stay home is never exactly Confidence Inspiring.

i know of three people that said they had some of the symptoms and still just went out and about like it meant nothing.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 10:00 AM, Silentpoet said:

I’m getting tested in about an hour. ...

On 7/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, tadbart said:

...So now I'm home, quarantining as a covid+ patient with bilateral pneumonia. ...

You guys both doing ok?

Avoiding CoViD or making progress in recovering from it, as the case may be?

The WuFlu just stepped into the household of some close friends (too early to know how mild or serious) and it brought you two back to mind.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

You guys both doing ok?

The WuFlu just stepped into the household of some close friends (too early to know how mild or serious) and it brought you two back to mind.

Today I’ve been running a mild fever. Nausea, sore throat as well.  I’m feeling about as bad as I have in years.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

You guys both doing ok?

@Silentpoet I'm sorry to hear you're taking a beating. Yeah, I can't adequately describe how damn awful I felt at the start of this- I pray the worst of it passes you by.  High fever, shortness of breath, don't wait- take a ride to the ER.

I'm home, discharged, off of steroids and antibiotics. Weak, ineffective cough that barely brings up a scant clear sputum. No fevers since July 10. Shortness of breath and tiredness on MILD exertion, like just walking through the house. Oxygen sats running 94%, when I'm typically at 98%ish. I feel "hazy." Like, not mentally sharp. Blaming that on mild persistent hypoxia. Really hoping it is transient, and improves with the eventual rise in my O2 sats.

Follow-up MD appointment on the 20th, via Zoom or something similar.  Appointments for swabs on the 20th and 21st, hoping for both negatives so I can return to work.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

@Silentpoet I'm sorry to hear you're taking a beating. Yeah, I can't adequately describe how damn awful I felt at the start of this- I pray the worst of it passes you by.  High fever, shortness of breath, don't wait- take a ride to the ER.

I'm home, discharged, off of steroids and antibiotics. Weak, ineffective cough that barely brings up a scant clear sputum. No fevers since July 10. Shortness of breath and tiredness on MILD exertion, like just walking through the house. Oxygen sats running 94%, when I'm typically at 98%ish. I feel "hazy." Like, not mentally sharp. Blaming that on mild persistent hypoxia. Really hoping it is transient, and improves with the eventual rise in my O2 sats.

Follow-up MD appointment on the 20th, via Zoom or something similar.  Appointments for swabs on the 20th and 21st, hoping for both negatives so I can return to work.

Glad hear it’s getting better.  Hopefully that continues.

I don’t have a real high fever, it’s like a degree or so elevated. But I’m fairly short of breath if I do anything.  Chest pain I’m used to.  I have bronchitis all the time but almost never with a fever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silentpoet said:

I don’t have a real high fever, it’s like a degree or so elevated. But I’m fairly short of breath if I do anything.  Chest pain I’m used to.  I have bronchitis all the time but almost never with a fever.

I sure wish you had a pulse oximeter at home. When I turned south, I woke up to a sat of 88% and was really behind the 8 ball on my way to the ER. Just don't ignore symptoms far worse than your "normal."

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

if it gets even a little worse don't Hesitate go to the ER.

THE WuFlu is an Ass kicker and if you have a Breathing issue your already dealing with don't let it get too bad or out of control.

Good Luck and Prayers.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tadbart said:

I sure wish you had a pulse oximeter at home. When I turned south, I woke up to a sat of 88% and was really behind the 8 ball on my way to the ER. Just don't ignore symptoms far worse than your "normal."

My fraternal group just purchased 20 of them to give away at the VA.  

You know, Tad, you have in a way been given a gift.  You will have antibodies....when you're well you may want to consider blood donations. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tadbart said:

Good to hear that you are doing better than at your worst. Hopefully it will improve as time goes on.

I do have a question about those oximeters. We bought one that was rated very high on Amazon. It seems to work fine. My "normal" on it is 97-98%. You mentioned 88% is low. Dangerously low? Anything under what is a time to call doctors office?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeaDub said:

Good to hear that you are doing better than at your worst. Hopefully it will improve as time goes on.

I do have a question about those oximeters. We bought one that was rated very high on Amazon. It seems to work fine. My "normal" on it is 97-98%. You mentioned 88% is low. Dangerously low? Anything under what is a time to call doctors office?

Depends on who you are.  Generally under 80% is go to the hospital.  I am normally at 93% and hit 88 fairly regularly.  My nephew has lots of breathing problems and <80 is when they go.  Had an incident with someone in the 30s.  You can just have a heart attack and die at that level.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

My fraternal group just purchased 20 of them to give away at the VA.  

You know, Tad, you have in a way been given a gift.  You will have antibodies....when you're well you may want to consider blood donations. 

I have, indeed. I waited 48 hours from the time I signed the consent for the plasma antibody donation, until they transfused, just for simple lack of an appropriate blood type donor.

Already a gallon whole blood donor, but this is different. Soon as I'm able, I'll be doing my part to give back. I really believe that the plasma is what turned me around.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TeaDub said:

97-98 is perfectly fine. Not everyone runs 100%, due to their own physical and chemical makeup.

Anything less than 92% with symptoms makes me concerned for a reason, at work. 88% for me, as someone who typically runs 10 points higher, yeah, that's pretty far into the "not good" category.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I have, indeed. I waited 48 hours from the time I signed the consent for the plasma antibody donation, until they transfused, just for simple lack of an appropriate blood type donor.

Already a gallon whole blood donor, but this is different. Soon as I'm able, I'll be doing my part to give back. I really believe that the plasma is what turned me around.

That's just plain awesome.   You could make a giant difference that way.

From defense to offense.  Killing the virus just gets easier for you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Making me think I should drag my ass down to the center and donate some plasma.  Last time I donated through a work blood drive, I ended up doing a double donation as they weren't set up for plasma that day.  The guy must have bitched about it ten times - "Dangit, I WISH we were set up for plasma today!"

I'm AB+, incidentally.  Hence the disappointment on his end?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

The pulse oximeter came in today.  MST of the time it shows high 90s but I did see 91 once when I was short of breath.

Good deal. Let it settle in for a minute after you first put it on. The numbers will settle down. Mid-90s should be good, just take note of how you feel when it dips. It's nice to have numbers to talk with the pros about, but it's equally important to recognize when you're in trouble.

I wish you all the best, man. Stay on top of this. Seems most people who are gonna turn south, do so on day 7-10 after symptom onset. Here's to continued improvement.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

I’m in the hospital. Non-ChinaVirus. Nurses are angels (and prettier than Tad). I’m masking up every time they come in. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's to just visiting, dropping off a stool sample, or flirting with the cute nurse.

Hope you're okay, amigo.

• Like 1

Not COVID, but I’m on my third drug to try and treat the worst case of bronchitis I’ve ever had.  Don’t know results of X-rays yet.  

This new drug is a combination sulfa drug and some antibiotic. I’m allergic to most of the antibiotics used to treat bronchitis in other people.

• Like 1