Jettisoned Hillary Hole lock on my 642-2

26isbest

Well I finally got around to putting an Original Precision Lock Delete on my 642-2. It took about 40 minutes as I am not familiar with S&W inner guts and didn't want any small parts to go flying or get lost. It never has caused any problems but why have the damn thing anyway? If not for the scummy Clintons and Cuomo it would have never been an issue. Next up will be my 625JM and then my 460XVR but I'll give both of them a couple weeks at least. Before and after pics below.

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 11:28 AM, Fnfalman said:

The weird thing is that SW still puts out J-frames that are both Holed and non-Holed. 

Only the hammerless guns are non-holed which may be why they don't "Require" them on their semi-autos.  The Model 638 humpback with the shrouded hammer with only a little nub for cocking the hammer, still as teh lock becaseu it has a hammer. Luckily, there are still some older pre-lock 638's out there in good condition and these are never guns that anyone has fired a lot of rounds through them.

But I think the real reason is because they can afford to ignore the complaints from their handgun buyers, but they sell a lot more semi-autos and those are a bigger market share and it might effect sales if they put them on all their semi autos. They also go the extra mile with their semi autos, giving the end user a choice between thumb safety and no thumb safety.

I refuse to buy anything but a Pre-lock S&W. If they're going to be dicks about forcing me to have a lock on my gun that I don't want or need, **** em. But if someone gave me one of the new guns, I would definitely put one of these lock delete kits in it. Too bad the color doesn't match the gun better, though.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, blueiron said:

That's an interesting fix, but after reading some of the stuff that is posted on that website, I'm deferring. 

No pricing, a personal manifesto, and an 'unusual' ordering process has raised my concern.

Do they give a phone number? you could call them and ask them about the best way to order the thing and also ask about any other concerns you might have. This company has bee around for a number of years now and I've heard of a lot of people using them on the Smith and Wesson forum

On 7/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, Borg warner said:

Do they give a phone number? you could call them and ask them about the best way to order the thing and also ask about any other concerns you might have. This company has bee around for a number of years now and I've heard of a lot of people using them on the Smith and Wesson forum

It isn't worth the potential issues. 

I wouldn't be dealing with a company/corporation, I'd be dealing with an individual who prefers to air his legal issues in public.  

• 6 months later...

I have a Desert Eagle that apparently was built for the California market. It had some bullshit extra inertia thing that included what looked like an extra firing pin, a spring, and a detent. The gun had been working fine, and then would not fire. No indent on the primer. Nothing.  When I disassembled I found the 'extra' parts. Internet search turned up that they were for the homos in Ca and said to just remove them. Homo parts removed. D.E. works like a manly gun again. 8 rounds of hot .44 mag down range as fast as you can pull the trigger.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've removed the lock on the ones I play games with, never worried about plugging the hole. You can remove the lock at zero cost. Seems silly to me to plug the hole since the holes still there as FNFALMan has said.