Seattle police union chief calls for 'leadership' after fatal shooting in CHOP zone

minervadoe

Seattle police union chief calls for 'leadership' after fatal shooting in CHOP zone

https://www.foxnews.com/media/seattle-police-union-chief-violence-chop-troubling

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but I predicted that it would not be too long before violent deaths started occurring in Seattle's little petri dish experiment now referred to as the CHOP zone.

The head of Seattle's police union lamented the lack of "leadership" in the city Saturday after reports emerged that an early morning shooting in the so-called 'CHOP' left one person dead and another in critical condition.

"This is inside the area referred to as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP). Officers attempted to locate a shooting victim but were met by a violent crowd that prevented officers safe access to the victims. Officers were later informed that the victims, both males, had been transported to Harborview Medical Center by CHOP medics.

"So, we need leadership now more than ever," asserted Solan. "And, I find it ironic that the same public officials [who] are creating these decisions that put everybody's public safety at risk are now calling out for defunding the police. And, those two aren’t compatible."

"You can’t have 'defunding the police' and better police services because the first thing to go -- as you and I both know, Pete -- is training. And, if you remove the training budget, you remove quality police service," he concluded. "And, we know that separating good cops from bad is all about training."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Police officers shouldn't take things so personal.  They should see themselves like the US military.  They serve at the will of their civilian overlords.  Seattle PD overlords want this to happen.  I assume the deceased are not people of color.

The police want to call it "rape", when in Chop, it's "paying tribute".

If they are stupid enough to be there, eff em.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1

I'm thinking that this behavior is pretty typical of the thuggery that the group represents. I'm also imagining that we will start to see reprisals for last night's murder expand geometrically until the kumbaya crowd begins to fear for their safety and exits "The Zone", leaving only the thugs (and more reprisals).

The people participating in this travesty of justice are not people who have ever participated in any organization in any meaningful way, certainly never in a leadership role.  Most of them for good reason, lacking the skills or discipline required to do anything but complain and back bite from the sidelines. Watching this reminds me of the sophomoric behavior described in the fictional book The Lord of the Flies.  In this case, it is more like the capo di tuti of the Peanut Gallery.

Edited by minervadoe
  • Thanks 1

The elected officials of Seattle have painted themselves into a corner with this BS. If the city loses a bunch of lawsuits and tourism dollars in the wake of this idiocy so much the better. 

Hell, maybe the Cascadia subduction zone will cut loose with an 8.5 trembler and isolate Seattle from saner areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2020 at 2:58 PM, PPQer said:

Police officers shouldn't take things so personal.  They should see themselves like the US military.  They serve at the will of their civilian overlords.  Seattle PD overlords want this to happen.  I assume the deceased are not people of color.

The police want to call it "rape", when in Chop, it's "paying tribute".

If they are stupid enough to be there, eff em.

Problem is is that the Mayor and City Council have banned the use of Batons, Tear Gas, Pepper Spray , "Chemical Weapons" or Choke Holds or "Tactics" against the Occupiers and will fire anyone that does, and at the sametime will Fire any Law Enforcement that does not Respond to calls there.

they have`nt banned fire hoses or Carpet Bombing yet, but that may fall under "Tactics" so they may still be on the Table..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

Problem is is that the Mayor and City Council have banned the use of Batons, Tear Gas, Pepper Spray , "Chemical Weapons" or Choke Holds or "Tactics" against the Occupiers and will fire anyone that does, and at the sametime will Fire any Law Enforcement that does not Respond to calls there.

they have`nt banned fire hoses or Carpet Bombing yet, but that may fall under "Tactics" so they may still be on the Table..

That's not really a problem considering the Mayor isn't ordering them to retake the area.  As long as the Mayor is happy with CHOP, leave it alone.  Get a call that homie is bleeding out, drive up to the border, stop, report to dispatch that passage isn't being granted, and go away.  It's not like they are paid by the call.    

If the Mayor ever decides to retake the area, which she won't, tell her no, not with the current rules of engagement and restrictions on non lethal weapons.     

It's past time for Seattle PD to do like Baltimore PD does.  No active policing, just answer calls and do paperwork.  Don't take it person when criminals get away with crime, and politicians protect them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Historian said:

They just had another shooting today.

Once is interesting.  Twice and thrice means there is historical precedence.

And the puke residents that are suing the city for failing to protect them are also crawling up their own asses being obsequious to the occupy scum.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 26isbest said:

And the puke residents that are suing the city for failing to protect them are also crawling up their own asses being obsequious to the occupy scum.

Those cops have my sympathy.   Talk about being left out to dry.

• Thanks 1