First real female Green Beret

Fnfalman

2 hours ago, Historian said:

The Romans built two walls to keep mine out.   We stood there painted blue...with long flowing blonde hair...and air under our skin...looking at those magnificent bastards...trying to figure out how we could pickle their heads in olive oil so we could pull them out later...while drinking uisce beatha.

But some pains run deep. I always manage to find some Scotch to drink on April 16th, to morn the end of the Jacobite revolution and the end of Scottish independence.

But hey i hold no grudges.

Neither do my Irish friends for over 400 years of English rule.

(note the sarcastic nature of my comments)

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North.

The birthplace of Valour, the country of Worth  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

Really?  I'm half french. 

But consider this: They did screw the english over in two wars for us.  ?

The few good things that the Frenchies ever did in the world other than Roquefort cheese and Bordeaux. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fnfalman said:

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North.

The birthplace of Valour, the country of Worth  

They eventually...beat us to submission.

I've heard the lilting, at the yowe-milking,
Lassies a-lilting before dawn o' day;
But now they are moaning on ilka green loaning;
"The Flowers of the Forest are a' wede away".

"Woad is, me," said Historian, "Woad....is me."
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

The few good things that the Frenchies ever did in the world other than Roquefort cheese and Bordeaux. 

You have them on cheese. And Roquefort...is just a sign of civilization.  They actually have a very small government department who's mission is to save obscure cheeses from becoming....part of the past.

I prefer Cote de Rhones to Bordeaux...but if you like your wine to take zero prisoners....then Bordeaux is your wine.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

They eventually...beat us to submission.

I've heard the lilting, at the yowe-milking,
Lassies a-lilting before dawn o' day;
But now they are moaning on ilka green loaning;
"The Flowers of the Forest are a' wede away".

"Woad is, me," said Historian, "Woad....is me."

Farewell to Dunvegan forever. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Historian said:

You have them on cheese. And Roquefort...is just a sign of civilization.  They actually have a very small government department who's mission is to save obscure cheeses from becoming....part of the past.

I prefer Cote de Rhones to Bordeaux...but if you like your wine to take zero prisoners....then Bordeaux is your wine.

Although the best cheese and wine are naturally from Bourgogne. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Historian said:

I think we'll have to test as many as we can.

Of course, but in the end there are only two combinations that are worthy:

1.  Roquefort and Chateau d’Yquem. 
2.  Epoisses and Vosne-Romanee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Of course, but in the end there are only two combinations that are worthy:

1.  Roquefort and Chateau d’Yquem. 
2.  Epoisses and Vosne-Romanee. 

Wow.  You are not a man afraid of strong flavor. 

Oh, my.

There are a lot other good combinations but you have...nailed two of the best.

Roquefort is beyond words.

My love of the Cote De Rhone is likely a result of my provenceal perspective of things.  I love the rich flavors.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

Wow.  You are not a man afraid of strong flavor. 

Oh, my.

There are a lot other good combinations but you have...nailed two of the best.

Roquefort is beyond words.

My love of the Cote De Rhone is likely a result of my provenceal perspective of things.  I love the rich flavors.

Provence food is earthy and honest, just like its wines. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

Minneapolis did that to ensure their first Muslim on the force. the Mayor dropped or reduced the requirements for new hires.

He shot an Australian woman, claiming "she startled him!".

Correct me if i`m wrong but didn't they Lower the Standards Just for him, then immediately return them to the normal Standards for everyone else.

somewhat like when the now Current Chief of Police Sued his Own Department for Discrimination, won more than $800k Settlement but chose not to have the Department change any of the Perceived discriminatory Practices?

then low and behold became the Chief of "Change in the Department"

12 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Correct me if i`m wrong but didn't they Lower the Standards Just for him, then immediately return them to the normal Standards for everyone else.

somewhat like when the now Current Chief of Police Sued his Own Department for Discrimination, won more than $800k Settlement but chose not to have the Department change any of the Perceived discriminatory Practices?

then low and behold became the Chief of "Change in the Department"

Did they lower the standards for him because he was a Muslim or because he came from the Dark Continent?

21 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Did they lower the standards for him because he was a Muslim or because he came from the Dark Continent?

IIRC they "Fast Tracked" his Training because he was Somali and spoke the Language and the Department was trying to change its Image in the Minneapolis Somali Community. (Basically because the Minneapolis Police couldn't go into little Mogadishu)

he was basically a Political Hire waiting for an Office.

Noor was with another Officer because during training they found he wasn't able to handle more then one thing at a time and suffered 'Tunnel Vision' so bad he could`nt function that would have lost any other Officer that Job and they didn't let him go out alone. (Yeah, Really)

read the last Paragraph.

https://www.fox9.com/news/prosecutors-mohamed-noors-work-history-shows-reckless-disregard-for-human-life

i have a couple Friends in the Minneapolis Police Department that couldn't believe the babysitter let him have a loaded weapon.

and couldn't believe he was hired after failing a Psych Test designed to weed out bad candidates.

• Thanks 1

What's with all this wine and cheese crap!  We're Muricans, give me a shot of bourbon with a cold beer and some hot dogs.  We don't need no stinking cheeses.  

Jesse got that "ain't got time to bleed' line from me.  

Edited by Wyzz Kydd
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

What's with all this wine and cheese crap!  We're Muricans, give me a shot of bourbon with a cold beer and some hot dogs.  

American beer is piss water. Real men don’t drink that crap. 7CE26775-9001-422F-8CB4-B77C98F21463.thumb.jpeg.67f67057d87795e5063e7e3636a36c44.jpeg

8 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

Another useless monument to PC insanity.  But all reports will be stellar....or they won't be reported.

The decline of the American military accelerates even more.

Yes, I’m sure you have first hand experience with Special Forces training and operations...

5 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

Yes, I’m sure you have first hand experience with Special Forces training and operations...

I work on a daily basis with about a dozen Special Forces veterans, with experience from Vietnam to Afghanistan and a lot of places no one has ever heard of.  Many are former Q Course instructors.   And they, to a man, know and attest that putting females into combat units is a bad idea.   Putting a green beret on a female in the interest of PC is counterproductive and inherently useless.   They see this as a huge mistake.  That's what I have.

You, on the other hand, have only obtuse obstinacy and a losing, false argument.   I'll stick with the SF veterans.

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 2

• Eric locked this topic