Why the "Okay" hand gesture is labeled white supremacist

PPQer

I think I just found out why the hand signal for "Okay" is being called white supremacy.  Members of "Three Percent" are using it.  Notice the one in the middle isn't your typical "white supremacist".  The left is saying the officer in the picture is supporting white supremacy, but they are members of the 'Washington Three Percent' group.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/06/10/local-police-back-wa-officer-who-posed-for-picture-with-armed-citizens/

olympiaiii-1.jpg

• Like 2

There is a group of the Aryan Brotherhood called Peckerwoods who use it as a hand signal.

Seriously.  

image.jpeg.72b51b9a6acee276bc5c583e8596e83e.jpeg

My bet is she had no idea these guys were going to flash that sign.   They might not even be the real thing.  Lots of people do things they don't totally understand.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Historian said:

The hand gesture is likely as old as the first person to notice they had an opposable digit.

It could mean nothing.  It could mean a lot.  It's subject to context.

But look at the picture.  In order to defame gun owners and especially Three Percent, the left has labeled it as white supremacist.  When it is used by people with guns, it's white supremacy in their eyes. 

I never understood why such a common gesture could be labeled racist.  Now I know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, PPQer said:

But look at the picture.  In order to defame gun owners and especially Three Percent, the left has labeled it as white supremacist.  When it is used by people with guns, it's white supremacy in their eyes. 

I never understood why such a common gesture could be labeled racist.  Now I know.

You may be missing something. 

The OK sign seen in many other postings involves one, perhaps two hands, but the OK is much like the letter O.  You can see through the O.

In the photo you presented the OK sign is 90 degrees and held in a specific way with three straight fingers.  There is no way to see through the O.

They are most certainly not the same sign.

Whatever the hell these guys are doing...they gave the media and everyone the go-ahead Ok to question their purpose.

Regardless....now you know why the Ok sign-sideways...can be seen as racist.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Okay, so what is racist about the 3%?  I googled them and they do not appear to have anything to do with racism.  Same with Proud Boys who get accused of the same.

What is racist about the Proud Boys?  What is racist about Sons of Confederate Veterans?  What is racist about the Republican party?  What is racist about Donald Trump?   What is racist about being pro-life? What is racist about Tucker Carlson?  What is racist about the average police officer?  What is racist about conservative voters?  What is racist about gun owners?  What is racist about people flying the Confederate Flag?  What is racist about people owning guns?  What is racist about people who vote against black candidates?  What is racist about anyone who disagrees with democrats? What is racist about people who vote against democrats?

The answer...... Nothing.  Other than they disagree with democrats and the liberal agenda.  It doesn't take racist thought or racist actions to be labeled racist by the left.   All you have to do, is be of a different political ideology.

Why all of a sudden has a generic hand signal in use for decades if not centuries, been labeled as white supremacist?  Men holding guns flashing the 3 finger sign spewing patriotism caused the left to label it as a symbol of white supremacy.  Of course, in the minds of the left, anyone who is patriotic is a white supremacist.  They do that to shame people from becoming patriotic.  

It's not the "Three Percent" per se, it is the idea of patriotic men saying they'll stand for the Constitution.  That idea is contrary to liberal thought.  They don't like the Constitution, so anybody who does disagrees with them. 

They called a group of "Proud Boys" white supremacist when most of them were not even white.  

Is it just now coming to your attention that the left labels everyone they disagree with as white supremacist with no real evidence or proof?  It's their thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Historian said:

You may be missing something. 

The OK sign seen in many other postings involves one, perhaps two hands, but the OK is much like the letter O.  You can see through the O.

In the photo you presented the OK sign is 90 degrees and held in a specific way with three straight fingers.  There is no way to see through the O.

They are most certainly not the same sign.

Whatever the hell these guys are doing...they gave the media and everyone the go-ahead Ok to question their purpose.

Regardless....now you know why the Ok sign-sideways...can be seen as racist.

Is that you Forest?   Run Forest!!!!

4 minutes ago, PPQer said:

Is that you Forest?   Run Forest!!!!

That could be taken many ways.

I had to think about the movie to get your reference.

Anyway.

You can google what i wrote.  You'll find the same answers.  I just happen to know the answer to your question.  It is interesting reading.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Historian said:

That could be taken many ways.

I had to think about the movie to get your reference.

Anyway.

You can google what i wrote.  You'll find the same answers.  I just happen to know the answer to your question.  It is interesting reading.

Sometimes pseudo-intellectualism comes of as just plain STUPID.  Forest Gump stupid.

The way the gesture has been used has not mattered.  Trump uses it his way, putting his thumb and index finger forward, and it's been called racist.  A member of the military in the background of a live interview had his thumb and index finger facing backward (like he was scratching his face), and it was called racist.  Apparently isn't not the thumb and index finger that qualify.  It hasn't mattered which was it was turned or canted, if 3 fingers are extended, it's been called racist.

Edited by PPQer

12 minutes ago, PPQer said:

Sometimes pseudo-intellectualism comes of as just plain STUPID.  Forest Gump stupid.

Sorry if the facts aren't apparent and you think I've provided you with pseudo-intellectualism on this topic.  I do agree it could be a mater of context such as the famous military picture you mentioned.

You asked a question.  I answered it.

Here's a link.

https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols?cat_id[153]=153

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, PPQer said:

Is it just now coming to your attention that the left labels everyone they disagree with as white supremacist with no real evidence or proof?  It's their thing.

Hardly but in your OP you said that was a reason to call gesture racist.

In regard to the rest of your response, I can see some association between the confederacy and racism.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

Sorry if the facts aren't apparent and you think I've provided you with pseudo-intellectualism on this topic.  I do agree it could be a mater of context such as the famous military picture you mentioned.

You asked a question.  I answered it.

Here's a link.

https://www.adl.org/hate-symbols?cat_id[153]=153

So we're letting the far left ADL designate hand jive?  Not me.  I don't let the ADL tell me what to think, they're part of the problem.  No different than the SPLC.  Started out as a good cause, then went way left.

The idiot mayor saw the picture in my first post, the way they were signaling, and called them white supremacists.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Hardly but in your OP you said that was a reason to call gesture racist.

In regard to the rest of your response, I can see some association between the confederacy and racism.

I said I never understood why.  Now I do.  Patriotic Americans flashing a hand signal equals white supremacy in the eyes of liberals.

I didn't say "the confederacy".

1 minute ago, Wrango said:

If you're white and a patriot, you're automatically a white supremacist.  The left hates white people and especially white people in power.  

Exactly.  And if you use a hand sign, it's considered racist.

If the 3% version of the US Flag, with III in the blue field, becomes popular and frequently used, it will be treated like the Confederate Flag and the Gadsden Flag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PPQer said:

I said I never understood why.  Now I do.  Patriotic Americans flashing a hand signal equals white supremacy in the eyes of liberals.

I didn't say "the confederacy".

I was referring to sons of the confederacy and confederate flag - I can see those being considered racist.