fishermen

ASH

i keep seeing these adds for the lures that move themselves  and they look like live fish ,  any one tried any , we are headed to our  house  on Ocracoke  very soon like within the week 

wondering if these are bogus or work .   berry season will over in less then  a week , then its relax , phones for emergency only,  and chill out time  with alittle fishing . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ASH said:

i keep seeing these adds for the lures that move themselves  and they look like live fish ,  any one tried any , we are headed to our  house  on Ocracoke  very soon like within the week 

wondering if these are bogus or work .   berry season will over in less then  a week , then its relax , phones for emergency only,  and chill out time  with alittle fishing . 

What are your target species, ASH?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

What are your target species, ASH?

honestly  i dont care lol .  im just gonna sit back and fish lol .   i won't be on ICW  .  Piper is going with us , so prolly more messing then fishing ,  as she is now at the age to enjoy the beach , and will prolly be

doing more shell hunting and chilling .  she's got her southern accent going today as well,    it hawwwwt    it hawwwwt  lets go inside lol .   read some books .listen to music  fishing  etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ASH said:

honestly  i dont care lol .  im just gonna sit back and fish lol .   i won't be on ICW  .  Piper is going with us , so prolly more messing then fishing ,  as she is now at the age to enjoy the beach , and will prolly be

doing more shell hunting and chilling .  she's got her southern accent going today as well,    it hawwwwt    it hawwwwt  lets go inside lol .   read some books .listen to music  fishing  etc 

My advice would be to take some Big Nic's Spanish Candy, as the Spanish are in tight around here.  You should pick up a few Spanish off the beach.

Also, I'd take a sand flea rake and pop them on pompano rigs with sputnik sinkers.  I always add a sand flea fish bite to each hook.  If something robs the flea, you still have the fish bite for bait.  While you are watching your bait, throw the spanish candy or a Doc's goofy jig.  The goofy jig will catch anything from whiting, to pompano, to flounder or drum.

• Like 1