What's your favorite wheelie?

gwalchmai

2 hours ago, Eric said:

No, but I'd like to. 

I don't have an extra one but, I can take mine apart and scan it and email it to you. Can you print two sided?. It's the original book that came with my 357 152vh. I can do it sometime this if your interested.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, gwalchmai said:

I bought one of these and within a week someone posted an identical 629 MG. So I bought it, too. I call 'em Lois and Lana. :supergrin:

I need to name mine now. How about Chloe and Chloe's super slutty clone. 

IMG_20170104_225154955_zps0ltqhrnb.jpg

• Like 3

I have only one revolver. But I kinda jumped right into the deep end. S+W .460 Magnum. Shoots .45 LC, .454 Casull, and .460 Magnum. The .45 LC are practically recoil-free, the 454 is pretty peppy, and the 460 is just ridiculous. It's like using a 3-pound sledge when you really only need a rubber mallet.

On a bit of a spending diet these days because of school, but I could see diving into quite a few revolvers in the future.

• Like 2

I started shooting revolver in competion around 12 years ago. Club I shot at only did three stages and you could go around three times so revolver was just a way to shoot more. Now I compete with revolvers near all the time. I'd guess I have 25-30 revolvers.

• Like 1

My favorite, mainly for sentimental reasons, would be my 1970's 6-inch Python which mostly stays "put up."  I also favor my 4" 686 but, since I shoot .38's instead of .357's, my K-frame S&W Model 67, also a 4", gets more use.  I like my little snubbies, too, and of course my daddy's old Victory model which is also "put up."  I like them all!  

• Like 2

• Administrators

This would be the one for me. The S&W 4" .357 Magnum Model 66 Combat Magnum, in stainless. I don't know of a better looking wheel gun ever built, or least a better looking one that was meant to be carried and used, not displayed.

IMG_9255.thumb.jpg.9089b463e2936531b72cb6d1f8b40823.jpg

• Like 4

My #1 would be the model 66 snub. #2 is the Ruger new model Blackhawk .357. #3, which I've not had time to shoot yet, is a Taurus 66 7 shot .357.  Sentimental value in the safe is my father's SW M15 that he was carrying when he died in the line of duty.

100_2023 - Copy.JPG

Edited by OldCop71
add photo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Probably the 66-2.  It was carried by my wife's grandfather in his duties as a Deputy Sheriff.  Cool little provenance to go with it.  Wish I could have gotten the box, but I fear it was long ago thrown out at the department.  

Would love to have a Model 19, 686+ in 3", a performance center model, a 629 and a TRR-8.  The want list is long, but the funds not so much.  

• Like 1

I've only ever owned a handful of revolvers, and frankly just never warmed up to them like I did to semiautos.  With that said, I've had an LCR for pocket carry the past few years.  I know good and well it's not in the same class as some of the favorites listed in this thread, but I've really been enjoying shooting it.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 6:16 AM, fortyofforty said:

The one that I carry most often is the little Ruger LCR in .38 +P. It is virtually weightless on my ankle, as a backup. Plus, the cylinder is reminiscent of the Pepperbox.

I do have an LCR in .357 and I really like the gun.

But, I recently bumped my 686 from my favorite revolver position with my Ruger GP100 Match Champion.  Double action on this gun is smooth and accuratematchChampionCropMed.jpg.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely adore the S&W Model 19, but my favorite? 

I'm going to have to go with my Model 25-5 4" in .45 Long Colt. I searched for that gun for over a decade. I could have had multiple 6.5" versions, but I wanted the 4". 

I finally got it in 2010. Paid WAY too much for it, but I wasn't letting another one slip through my fingers. 

There is something almost religious about dropping those stubby cigar cartridges into the cylinder.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anything N frame is cool to me, I like those big old duty revolvers.  Now what really trips my trigger these days is the retro look of say one of those Model 21 or Model 22 Smiths that were on the market a few years ago.  they were sexy in my book!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...