Costco vs Sam's todays experience.

pipedreams

I only shop there about every couple months since it is 150 miles RT.  Usually we have DR. appointments or other business in the area when we go.  

Costco: have to wear a mask (not a big deal) usually get several packages of precooked bacon and other things.  They had lots of the bacon so I got four packages, got to the cash register was told only can have one, OK same with the turkey bacon.  Didn't have Charmin TP so I bought another brand.

Sam's: didn't have to wear a mask (optional), they had precooked bacon no limit.  They had plenty Charmin TP so now I'm stuck with the other brand.

Nothing serious and I'll live,  a bit disappointed in Costco.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I only shop there about every couple months since it is 150 miles RT.  Usually we have DR. appointments or other business in the area when we go.  

Costco: have to wear a mask (not a big deal) usually get several packages of precooked bacon and other things.  They had lots of the bacon so I got four packages, got to the cash register was told only can have one, OK same with the turkey bacon.  Didn't have Charmin TP so I bought another brand.

Sam's: didn't have to wear a mask (optional), they had precooked bacon no limit.  They had plenty Charmin TP so now I'm stuck with the other brand.

Nothing serious and I'll live,  a bit disappointed in Costco.

But Sam’s is Walmart. There is that.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Zonny said:

But Sam’s is Walmart. There is that.  

that's the key, supply line Management.

the Sam`s we had in MN was way too small for the amount of people that showed up there, but if you liked WallyWorld stuff you could almost always buy it in Bulk in Sam`s usually at a lower price.

i prefer Costco`s Meat and Fish and Scotch selection and bulk Raspberry Danish.

and you know Costco doesn't differentiate between Surgical masks or Bondage Masks, so i`m good there too...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fog said:

I'm done with Costco. Called and canceled my membership.

They don't have anything I can't get elsewhere for just as good, and often even a better deal.

We did the same a few years ago. Had a membership for 2 years, but the location was out of the way, a lot, and we can get the same things we use at Sam's Club cheaper, with lower cost of membership and we can have our kids on the membership as well.

I never thought Costco prices were that good. They do have some nice items, but not worth the hassle. I must admit they seem to have made Sams up their game, and that is always a good thing. Maybe if one were closer.

• Thanks 1

I know people that make the almost 400 mile round trip to Anchorage to shop. No sales tax in Anchorage. (6% in towns on the Peninsula, 3% outside the cities) I have no idea how they think spending an entire day traveling, buying gas, and eating along the way, saves enough money to justify the trip. Math might be hard for them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

that's the key, supply line Management.

the Sam`s we had in MN was way too small for the amount of people that showed up there, but if you liked WallyWorld stuff you could almost always buy it in Bulk in Sam`s usually at a lower price.

i prefer Costco`s Meat and Fish and Scotch selection and bulk Raspberry Danish.

and you know Costco doesn't differentiate between Surgical masks or Bondage Masks, so i`m good there too...

I have found that Sam's has a lot better quality items that Walmart does not carry.

• Thanks 2

Sams is steadily going to all self checkout.  Costco doesn’t have any self serve.  Since I don’t get a discount for checking out my groceries I dropped Sams.  I called 1-800- Wally World to tell them why.  Person I talked to there became irate.  Perhaps I wasn’t the only one to call?  I’m now shopping as much as I can at local stores, and rarely shop at Wally World anymore.  The only thing big corporations, and libtards, really understand is a shrinking customer base and checking account.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tend to shop local as much as i can.   Somethings you can't get away from big stores for.

Like anchovies.   I don't have a local producer.

But the other side is.   We have a small family. 

So buying large amounts of anything often doesn't work for us.   Although, i've had some good meat from Sams.   Better than my local grocer for sure.

The guy at work with five teenage boys?   He keeps Sam's doors open.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zonny said:

I’m just me and I’m a Costco shopper. I find comfort in having a small stockpile of “supplies”. 

When the ‘Rona hit and everyone was begging for TP, guess who wasn’t? 

My wife laughed the other day when I asked how the TP was holding out.  She said I bought two cases before the rush and we still look good till late Summer.

One day I was talking with my son about a mechanical project and commented that it might need xxxxx part.  He casually said that he had it in "stock".

He makes me proud...……...

• Like 1