Dams breached in Midland County MI

Hauptmann6

6 hours ago, Moshe said:

That is reality.  I guess if you haven't experienced hate crimes, you wouldn't get it.  It also fascinates me that it always comes from the Left and Rednecks.  What exactly do they have in common? 

I've experienced hate crimes.

Because people hate me.

Often, rednecks.

(The Left hates me from a distance.)

The dams failed (four of them now, the 2 in Midland and 2 more in Gladwin) because the idiots in state gov't decided in 2018 that the dam owners could not lower the water levels behind the damn in winter (in order to avoid damn failure due to higher than normal spring rainfall, like we just had) BECAUSE IT WAS KILLING MUSSELS.  Yes, that's right, Gov Witless and AG Not-smart-enough-to-understand-the concept-of-the-rule-of-law, felt that the lives of mussels were more important than the lives and homes of citizens.  

In 2018, when the dam owners tried to lower the water levels, the govt sued them over it and won, so the dam owners ceded upkeep of the dam to the gov't because they knew the dam was in danger of failure under the conditions the gov't was requiring and they couldn't afford the upkeep - and then the gov't didn't do any upkeep either.

This state gov't is so effed up, it is unbelievable.  Now AG Nessel is saying she is going to punish Ford Motor Co for "allowing President Trump to remove his mask when he was here to thank them for retooling the factory to make PPE and respirators for Covid."  

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
damn/dam whatever
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

The dams failed (four of them now, the 2 in Midland and 2 more in Gladwin) because the idiots in state gov't decided in 2018 that the damn owners could not lower the water levels behind the damn in winter (in order to avoid damn failure due to higher than normal spring rainfall, like we just had) BECAUSE IT WAS KILLING MUSSELS.  Yes, that's right, Gov Witless and AG Not-smart-enough-to-understand-the concept-of-the-rule-of-law, felt that the lives of mussels were more important than the lives and homes of citizens.  

In 2018, when the dam owners tried to lower the water levels, the govt sued them over it and won, so the dam owners ceded upkeep of the dam to the gov't because they knew the dam was in danger of failure under the conditions the gov't was requiring and they couldn't afford the upkeep - and then the gov't didn't do any upkeep either.

This state gov't is so effed up, it is unbelievable.  Now AG Nessel is saying she is going to punish Ford Motor Co for "allowing President Trump to remove his mask when he was here to thank them for retooling the factory to make PPE and respirators for Covid."  

Leftist democrats destroy everything they touch, they are basically death incarnate, walking around telling people to trust them, because they care and stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Kinda like those endangered snails that shut down a huge project 20-30 years ago. Snails, for crying out loud. Another snail will take their place.

I worked at  a construction site in California.

If a pickup truck made dust,  it was an environmental violation.

If you stepped off the dirt road,  it was an environmental violation.

If a bird landed in the dirt road,  all the man-lifts and trucks had to stop.  You couldn't chase the bird away.  or it was an environmental violation.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I worked at  a construction site in California.

If a pickup truck made dust,  it was an environmental violation.

If you stepped off the dirt road,  it was an environmental violation.

If a bird landed in the dirt road,  all the man-lifts and trucks had to stop.  You couldn't chase the bird away.  or it was an environmental violation.

I worked in a refinery in Ca. where they killed a swarm of honey bees with a steam hose. That place is about as fucked up as a football bat.

• Sad 1

MI's tyrant has now extended lockdown until June 12.  For no reason, just because she can.  Our numbers have been falling for the last 3 weeks.  My entire township (36 square miles and 2500 people) has had a grand total of... THREE cases of the virus, none of whom needed to be hospitalized, but hey, who cares about the facts?  Whitless claims her decisions are all based on "the science" but she doesn't release ANY information regarding what (or whose) studies or statistics she is basing her orders on.  Nooooo, instead she opens the portion of N Michigan where her vacation home is located, and trips up there to hold a graduation party for her daughter this weekend.  My daughter graduates now, too... without any ceremony, without any open house, in an area with so few cases I can count them on one hand.  Ok, her friends live in the next township over, so I'd need... one more hand for their cases.  WTF.

The state can't repair the roads, can't repair the dams, can't repair the bridges, and certainly can't let anyone go back to work.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

MI's tyrant has now extended lockdown until June 12.  For no reason, just because she can.  Our numbers have been falling for the last 3 weeks.  My entire township (36 square miles and 2500 people) has had a grand total of... THREE cases of the virus, none of whom needed to be hospitalized, but hey, who cares about the facts?  Whitless claims her decisions are all based on "the science" but she doesn't release ANY information regarding what (or whose) studies or statistics she is basing her orders on.  Nooooo, instead she opens the portion of N Michigan where her vacation home is located, and trips up there to hold a graduation party for her daughter this weekend.  My daughter graduates now, too... without any ceremony, without any open house, in an area with so few cases I can count them on one hand.  Ok, her friends live in the next township over, so I'd need... one more hand for their cases.  WTF.

The state can't repair the roads, can't repair the dams, can't repair the bridges, and certainly can't let anyone go back to work.  

Ignore the bitch and do what you want.  Don't sit in the back of the bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Ignore the bitch and do what you want.  Don't sit in the back of the bus.

Exactly what I've been telling people. Friend of mine wanted to go visit her friend one state over but worried she couldn't take time off to quarantine when she came back. I told her "Just go, forget the quarantine BS, live your life like it's a free country and who cares what some governor says, they don't follow the rules they are mandating."

She'll be back home Tuesday and at work on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My son's family just left after visiting the day.  I told them when they left, that at our age the visit from those we love most is more important than any potential problem with a virus.  We are old enough that every day is a surprise.  Besides, we have no underlying health issues and I don't feel any need to isolate from my own family.

We had a great time, and seeing my Grand Daughter again after a long while was a real treat.  The present we gave to our DIL for just being our DIL, was fun and received well also.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 7:56 AM, Moshe said:

That is reality.  I guess if you haven't experienced hate crimes, you wouldn't get it.  It also fascinates me that it always comes from the Left and Rednecks.  What exactly do they have in common? 

Take your crap into your own thread.

• Like 2