Your mail delivery?

P.O. Box? Locking cluster box? RFD to an unsecured mail box by the road? Or home delivery? 

I have a p.o. box that I have used for almost 40 years. Several years ago I bought a box in a cluster box in my neighborhood. I am working on switching all my mail for delivery to the cluster box so I can eliminate trips into the post office. Right next to our cluster box a few households have mounted up the old fashioned unsecured mail boxes. I can't imagine doing that these days just to save a couple bucks. The cluster box cost me around $200 (maybe less, don't remember for sure) but it's mine, and there will never be another fee. The p.o. box is $180 a year.

• Like 1

Mail box at the end of my driveway with a security camera on my house aimed at it so that I know who to thank for disposing of my junk mail.

I don't care to disarm just to go to the post office to check a PO box.

• Like 1

Mail box.  I am thinking of replacing it, eventually, the box is absolutely hideous compared to the home and property.  I am uncertain why someone with a beautiful Colonial red brick home,  and property would put an atrocity that looked like the 60's had a love child with the 70's as a mail box.  The thing is horrid.  

Box at the end of the driveway.  That is part of my home selection process, I don't want a PO box or cluster box.  Previous house had mailbox also.  I get a lot of Amazon crap and it is left by the front door.  Ring camera keeps an eye on it.

4 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Do any of you worthies even know what RFD means? Ya dumb bastards. Probably too young.

Nope, I gave up rural lifestyle when I was 17 and moved into an urban setting.  Why anyone would wanna live in a rural setting their WHOLE LIVES is beyond me.  Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Rural Free Delivery

Sears Roebuck & Co. Built their original business on that. At one time or another they sold guns and ammo, house kits, tombstones, automobiles, appliances, clothes and much else mail order. I even ordered automobile parts from them. 

• Like 4

Oh, and to answer the original question I have a standard rural style mailbox inside one of the huge brick columns common in this area - no doubt to thwart bat swingers. I mounted a very large metal box side saddle on the column at the postman’s request. The brick column is before the side saddle box as one drives by. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Rural Free Delivery

Sears Roebuck & Co. Built their original business on that. At one time or another they sold guns and ammo, house kits, tombstones, automobiles, appliances, clothes and much else mail order. I even ordered automobile parts from them. 

You could buy houses from Sears. I wonder where you'd ship it to.

Plain ole' mailbox at the end of the road.  One of those "Step 2" things.  Was easiest thing to put up after the tornado took out my old one.

11 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Box at the end of the driveway.  It's been run into or baseball batted once in 10 years.  I probably just jinxed it.

Knew a guy who put his on a 5 ft long piece of railroad iron, cemented 2 ft into the ground.  Never had to worry about it being take out after that.  But I think the post office made him change it because it would endanger a car that was really out of control and hit it accidentally.