Best under $20 bush knife you'll find...

PNWguy

Found this on Amazon while looking for an ESEE-3 for my son for his birthday. I bought him the ESEE and I got one of these for the heck of it. Great little knife.

https://www.amazon.com/CIMA-hardness-Full-Tang-outdoor-survival/dp/B01K7M0S6Q/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01K7M0S6Q&pd_rd_r=5KA255XA5EY6ZJB8E7TB&pd_rd_w=11lyL&pd_rd_wg=tT1EB&psc=1&refRID=5KA255XA5EY6ZJB8E7TB

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"61tMVgPgKjL._SL1001_.jpg","data-attachmentid":1989}[/ATTACH]

They came out with an improved version for $10 more that has a tougher blade finish...

https://www.amazon.com/CIMA-Upgraded-version-Full-Tang-survival/dp/B071R3X4RN/ref=pd_sbs_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071R3X4RN&pd_rd_r=KKZ3JCQRDFYZ70N54BQ7&pd_rd_w=YUAuN&pd_rd_wg=5s3xh&refRID=KKZ3JCQRDFYZ70N54BQ7

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"81JQXmCZzeL._SL1001_.jpg","data-attachmentid":1990}[/ATTACH]

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am a diehard knife nut! Cold steel and ESEE user, but you grow and learn.

EXAMPLE: I'd never paid Mora a lick of attention if it hadn't been for Cody Lundin and Dual Survival!

For the money it's a great user if you don't wanna over work your "one tool" LOL! Option..,

ONE TOOL?? Yeah that's a joke to me right there...

but I digress.

• 1 month later...

Got a chance to put it through it's paces last week.  My dad shot a little Whitetail buck and called me and my brother to come drag it out of the woods for him.  Got it back to his house and proceeded to gut it and skin it.  I started with the cheap Amazon knife and dad started with an old Schrade.  I was amazed at how well it was doing while dad was struggling.  I handed him my knife and grabbed a back-up fixed blade Gerber I got for $20 from Wal-Mart that I kept in the truck.

Dad kept saying how well the knife was doing and was really happy with the performance.  He was chopping at the breast bone a little bit before getting out a saw and I was not looking forward to what the blade was going to look like when he was done.

We got the entire deer gutted and skinned in about 30 minutes.  Then I took both of my knives to the sink and cleaned them up.  Dad and I both inspected them afterwards while enjoying a beer and we couldn't believe the difference.  The Amazon knife was still nearly shaving sharp with absolutely no nicks or damage to the blade.  The Gerber edge had rolled and was as dull as a butter knife.  Dad was very, very impressed.  I ordered him one for Christmas.  Still under $20 on Amazon.

When I got them home, the Amazon knife took just a few swipes on a stone and it was as good as new and shaving sharp.  The Gerber took about 45 minutes of work to get the edge fixed and ready to work again.

Absolutely stunned at the performance of this knife and need to order another one for me to replace the crappy Gerber in the truck.

IMG_20170501_202255246.thumb.jpg.c25fdda9741374329021c113c22f1c1c.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have one of the high vis orange Moras. They are very good knives with full tangs.
The trick to them is realizing the blade has a "scandi" grind edge on it. If you maintain the angles, it stays that way for the life of the knife. It is an easy to sharpen, very durable grind unlike hollow ground knives.

Sent from a mental institution