Up From the Vault. A S&W 17-4

DrB

Trigger has been worked over, like glass.  It is scary smooth and light.  I would not let a novice fire this.  Anyhow anyhow.  Another one I got out to clean. 

This weeks firearm from the Vault...

Dave..

17-4-1 .jpg

17-4-2.jpg

17-4-3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Historian said:

The centerfold of the magazine right there....

Thanks, was on consignment from an older gentleman at the gun shop I used to hang out at.  I was in my 20's so he is long since gone.  He had the trigger worked on and it is glass smooth.  Pinned barrel and I did not even know what that was. Thought it was a cool revolver so I bought it though not really able to afford it. Thank god I had an understanding girlfriend back then....

15 hours ago, DrB said:

Thanks, was on consignment from an older gentleman at the gun shop I used to hang out at.  I was in my 20's so he is long since gone.  He had the trigger worked on and it is glass smooth.  Pinned barrel and I did not even know what that was. Thought it was a cool revolver so I bought it though not really able to afford it. Thank god I had an understanding girlfriend back then....

Not but about six months ago i walked into the same gun shop (so to speak) and found a Smith and Wesson Model 37 with slight wear...with box and receipt from the first owner...and then realized i knew the first owner...a local retired FBI agent.   This was a carry pistol for him when he worked.

I bought it.   Had to have it.   Just a lovely pistol.

Then me and the pistol took my old friend to lunch.

He was a second generation FBI man.  He carried his dad's badge.  The family has the badge.  It looks like one of his daughter's is about to be generation three.

• Like 1