Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

6 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

The video shows the truth and the truth is they chased him down and killed him in cold blood. 

No it doesn't.  The video shows the truck parked in the street, and the jogger approaching it on foot.  Go back and look at it again.  The driver is even out of the truck on foot when the jogger approaches.  

• Like 1

Just now, PPQer said:

No it doesn't.  The video shows the truck parked in the street, and the jogger approaching it on foot.  Go back and look at it again.  The driver is even out of the truck on foot when the jogger approaches.  

The video doesn’t have the angle showing the ambushers getting ready to shoot this poor man whose crime was but jogging while black. 

5 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Indeed the first thing you said that I agree with. 

I opine that the two racist whiteys chased down and killed a poor, innocent, good boy black man who was trying to make a change in his life for the betterment of his family. 

And it's your right, to be wrong.  :D

G-d Bless America man!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

Apparently GBI disagreed with your assertion. 

I am discussing what is in the video.  I am basically discussing the difference between 1st degree murder and manslaughter.  The shooters created a situation that led to the death of an unarmed man, the video clearly shows that.   

The GBI has a lot more to go on, including racial politics.

We've seen issues over the years where charging with 1st Degree Murder allowed the defendant to walk.  If I understand correctly, 1st Degree includes intent.  

This may signal the beginning of the end of the covid virus story.

My local newspaper, the Indy Star, which has become a notorious left wing rag had today's lead article about the fact that Indy cops do not have body camera's.  Prior to today every story in the Star on Sundays somehow linked to the virus.  Everything from health, sports to how to raise petunia's somehow was tied to the virus.

I don't know what the facts are in this story.  Maybe the shooters were justified, maybe not.

American's "news producers" have moved on to the next disaster. 

They do love a good disaster, especially when it involves a race baiting narrative. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

We who pass judgements don’t have to presume guilt or innocence.  That is the burden of the State. We are not representing the State. Last I checked we have this thing called the First Amendment to the Bill of Rights. Sounds familiar?

Then if two white men who criminal histories out come the wood chippers.  Being not a respecter of color, I guess for his crimes, he shouldn't have been shot, but put in a wood chipper?

6 minutes ago, PPQer said:

I am discussing what is in the video.  I am basically discussing the difference between 1st degree murder and manslaughter.  The shooters created a situation that led to the death of an unarmed man, the video clearly shows that.   

The GBI has a lot more to go on, including racial politics.

We've seen issues over the years where charging with 1st Degree Murder allowed the defendant to walk.  If I understand correctly, 1st Degree includes intent.  

Telling 911 he wasn’t breaking and entering, he wasn’t stealing he “just running down the street”,  Jumping in your truck with your daddy to chase him down the road, then swerving in front of him and getting out and confront him clearly displays intent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TX OMFS said:

I watched and rewatched the shooting video.  I can't tell, did the father in the bed of the truck fire the first shot or was that the son with the shotgun on the ground?  

Everything I’ve seen so far indicates the son fired all the shots from his shotgun, and nothing about our wannabe Buford T Justice popping one off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, norton said:

This may signal the beginning of the end of the covid virus story.

My local newspaper, the Indy Star, which has become a notorious left wing rag had today's lead article about the fact that Indy cops do not have body camera's.  Prior to today every story in the Star on Sundays somehow linked to the virus.  Everything from health, sports to how to raise petunia's somehow was tied to the virus.

I don't know what the facts are in this story.  Maybe the shooters were justified, maybe not.

They do love a good disaster, especially when it involves a race baiting narrative. 

I sincerely doubt it.  Here, like most elderly care, workers came in and spread the virus like wildfire.  Unlike sex offenders, murderers; but not beauticians the criminals keep being let free.  Also, five people in wife's profession contracted the Chinese Wuhan Bio Weapon, and the company blamed it on the employees for whom they do not provide correct PPE.  Now, to Mother's Day.  What a wonderful way to get rid of mom but open up restaurants to full capacity during a pandemic.  Matricide at its finest.  The only way this could be worse would be a kissing booth in the continent of Africa during an Ebola outbreak.

I don't believe in snippets and sound bites.  What I would want on a jury would be ballistics, the type of encounters, witnesses, previous encounters.  Was the subject armed?  Was he not armed?  Were they play Joe Horn?  There are many questions and zero irrefutable evidence until judged by a jury of their peers.

1 hour ago, PPQer said:

"Presumed" innocent in the eyes of the legal system (not Justice System).  We are free to opine as we choose.

Okay, I think you rape children for fun on weekends.  I have opined.  Is that a fair and factual statement, or wild conjecture without actual evidence?  So, would it be okay to opine about your proclivities which I cannot either prove, nor disprove? If the criminal justice system were run the way you would have it, you would already be in segregation 23 hours a day.  Or, alternatively, we can assume you are completely innocent until evidence that leads to a trial, in which you are still presumed innocent until the State/Federal Government proves that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  

So, you see what a slippery slope that is?

I think this will come down to the Georgia citizen's arrest laws.  If the McMichaels were justified in pursuing and detaining Arbery then they are not guilty, if the McMichaels were not justified then Arbery was acting in self defense and at least the younger McMichaels is a murderer.  

Right now I see no justification for the McMichael's behavior.  

Georgia law on citizen's arrest:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-4/article-4/

GA assault, battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment laws
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/

GA burglary & trespass laws:
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-7/

A less specific summary here:
https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/article131508074.html

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, norton said:

America's "news readers" have started clicking different headlines.  Lesser-clicked headlines quickly go away.

It'll probably eradicate the virus.

And poor ol' Joe's gonna have to pop his head up sooner or later.

I have been to Brunswick.  I spent some time there doing advanced work there 6.5 months.  We were finally boarded elsewhere after I found the phone disconnected and a crackpipe behind where the phone should be plugged in.  That and the prostitutes banging on every door looking for solicit a sale.  Life is cheap there.  You couldn't pay me to live there on a permanent basis.

• Like 1

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

From 911 call

“Uh, I’m out here at Satilla Shores. There’s a black male running down the street,”

In an earlier call at 1.08pm, a different unidentified caller reports “a guy in a house right now, a house under construction”. The dispatcher asks if the man is breaking into the property, to which the caller responds: “No, it’s all open, it’s under construction.”

The caller then says, “He’s running right now, and there he goes right now,” referring to Arbery, who was taking his usual jog around the neighborhood. The dispatcher asks: “OK, what is he doing?” The caller replies: “He’s running down the street.”

So, what felony did they know he committed? 

Becuase the only way they had the grounds to place him under a citizens arrest, was if he had committed a felony within their knowledge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AK_Stick said:

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

From 911 call

“Uh, I’m out here at Satilla Shores. There’s a black male running down the street,”

In an earlier call at 1.08pm, a different unidentified caller reports “a guy in a house right now, a house under construction”. The dispatcher asks if the man is breaking into the property, to which the caller responds: “No, it’s all open, it’s under construction.”

The caller then says, “He’s running right now, and there he goes right now,” referring to Arbery, who was taking his usual jog around the neighborhood. The dispatcher asks: “OK, what is he doing?” The caller replies: “He’s running down the street.”

So, what felony did they know he committed? 

Becuase the only way they had the grounds to place him under a citizens arrest, was if he had committed a felony within their knowledge.

Again, I am waiting for the court proceedings.  If there State can make its case.  If they appeal about the family making them dump the attorney of their choice for a potentially incompetent attorney leading to an appeal/mistrial, maybe even a change of venue.  When I was a young man determining what I wanted to do, I was actually allowed to attend a Courts Martial in the peanut gallery.  A group of enlisted people became drunk, the female filed charges she had been raped as she woke up nude next to someone she didn't intend on having sex with.  I thought they were going to nail him to the wall.  But, as it turns out, he was found not guilty.  The enlisted men lost their military composure and she cried.  

The point is, you never know how a trial is going to go.

1 hour ago, AK_Stick said:

Everything I’ve seen so far indicates the son fired all the shots from his shotgun, and nothing about our wannabe Buford T Justice popping one off. 

Did he fire the shots first or did the gun go off when the fellow grabbed the barrel causing the gun to go off due to the forward motion?  Either way it shouldn't happened but what caused the discharge may make a difference.

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

I couldn't care less about the minutia of the entire encounter.  My point has been that he ran at them, and attacked them first, and at that point, the shooter had no choice.  

Again, you don't "chase someone down" by parking in the street and waiting for them to come to you.  You can say they intercepted him, or even laid in wait.  But they didn't chase him down, that is obvious in the video.  He had every ability to get away, he preferred to kill or die.

What ^ he said.

I'm not sayin the white boys weren't lookin for trouble and are probably racist as hell...BUT...Black boy dead cause he didn't KEEP Runnin!!!  I just can't believe old white boy would have touched off that shotgun on a man running away!!!  Even if he did, he probably would have stood a better chance of livin rather than a point blank blast.

• Like 1

What ^ he said.
I'm not sayin the white boys weren't lookin for trouble and are probably racist as hell...BUT...Black boy dead cause he didn't KEEP Runnin!!!  I just can't believe old white boy would have touched off that shotgun on a man running away!!!  Even if he did, he probably would have stood a better chance of livin rather than a point blank blast.
Does the jogger have a right to defend himself from some unknown male who comes at him with a shotgun?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TBO said:

Does the jogger have a right to defend himself from some unknown male who comes at him with a shotgun?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

Let me put it this way...If I see a man holdin a shotgun and lookin at me, and I'm 10 feet away from him I sure as HELL am NOT going to run AT him!!!  Black boy might just be alive if he had turned Right and kept runnin instead of bein so damn Stupid as to charge a man with a Shotgun!!

To follow that...my lawn guy had an encounter with X next door, A$$hole neighbor, who came out screamin I'm gonna F***** gonna Kill You!!  (Won't bother you with the details of Why this happened, it's not important)  My Lawn guy, un-a$$ed that mower and did the 25 yard dash in like a Jack Rabbit!!!!  And No...A$$hole neighbor didn't fire.  I let him in the back door and we called the cops.  A$$hole neighbor got arrested....yard guy still alive.  Wouldn't have been if he had charged.  So yeah...black boy had all the "Right" to defend himself.  How'd that work out for him? 

• Like 1

• Eric locked this topic