Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

People need to understand that there really is a "Backwoods Ga." mentality in parts of Ga.  Southeast Ga tends to have more then most of the state.  Hopefully the GBI can sort this out since they are not local but report to the Govenor.    

Arbery was seen breaking into/coming out of a home(bad idea).  The white guys knew he shouldn't have been there.  The white guys called police then decided to hold him for police(bad idea).  Arbery knew he was busted and tried half assedly to get away(another bad idea).  The white guys decide to go full retard and apprehend Arbery(another bad idea).  Arbery decides to be a tough guy(last bad idea for him).  White guys kills Arbery(last bad idea for him).

All in all, if Arbery wasn't a POS burglar, none of this would've happened.  Never mind the assumption that the white guys are white supremacists, Arbery is dead because he broke into someone's home.  There are risks in a life of crime. 

Of course bleeding heart liberals will argue this to the end.  He was such a good boy!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Damn...I only heard they THOUGHT he might have broken into a house.....  I thought I read he does live in the area.

Voice recording said he was seen jogging in and walking around a house in construction.

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

Voice recording said he was seen jogging in and walking around a house in construction.

Have you ever done that? I have, many times when I was younger. Buildings under construction that are still open are very interesting to look at, especially for young guys. When I was in my teens and early 20s, my friends and I couldn't walk by open construction without checking it out.

And what does that have to do with anything? Those guys were looking for someone who was breaking and entering. I seriously doubt that Arbery was casing a building that was still open construction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

He wouldn't have been shot in the back.  If he was laying an ambush, then why didn't he shoot when he first saw Arbery?  They white guys were stupid, but they had already had chances to murder him.

They did murder him.....

They chased down an unarmed man in a pickup, and then shot him dead. 

A better question is why you’re framing them as the victims here?

53 minutes ago, Wrango said:

Arbery was seen breaking into/coming out of a home(bad idea).  The white guys knew he shouldn't have been there.  The white guys called police then decided to hold him for police(bad idea).  Arbery knew he was busted and tried half assedly to get away(another bad idea).  The white guys decide to go full retard and apprehend Arbery(another bad idea).  Arbery decides to be a tough guy(last bad idea for him).  White guys kills Arbery(last bad idea for him).

All in all, if Arbery wasn't a POS burglar, none of this would've happened.  Never mind the assumption that the white guys are white supremacists, Arbery is dead because he broke into someone's home.  There are risks in a life of crime. 

Of course bleeding heart liberals will argue this to the end.  He was such a good boy!

Are there any witnesses to that, that weren’t the two guys who chased him down and attacked him?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wrango said:

Can you provide links to document this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see sources.

Thanks!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pistolay said:

Have you ever done that? I have, many times when I was younger. Buildings under construction that are still open are very interesting to look at, especially for young guys. When I was in my teens and early 20s, my friends and I couldn't walk by open construction without checking it out.

And what does that have to do with anything? Those guys were looking for someone who was breaking and entering. I seriously doubt that Arbery was casing a building that was still open construction. 

What run through a construction zone or walk through a house that's being built?   Lots of times. 

I think that young man was likely doing the same thing we were.

Again.  A uniformed officer would have likely just asked a few questions and found the answers.

• Like 2

I’m not going to make any judgments yet, and when the rest of the story comes out I’m not going to listen to the spin and politization of it.

but the FBI stats show a 94% chance of not being hit from a shooter if your moving. Security people have said to move to your left because most misses are low lest from the shooter so if you move or run left (right of the shooter) the odds are better.

most runners, even casual ones, don’t usually carry a gun or knife on them. Rick Perry being the exception.

we will see, but there is no good reason for a civilian (prior LEO included) to be shooting a fleeing suspect. 

Edited by Dric902

15 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Trayvon Martin was attempting to beat a man to death

this guy was going jogging

At best, it appears that two guys tried to play cop and wound up killing him.  Not smart at all.  Don't play cop.

At worst, they out-and-out murdered the guy.

In a way it is like Trayvon in that the shooter could have removed himself from the situation without being injured or losing anything - ie they were not the victim.  But in the Travyon case that was a question - Zimmerman claimed he was going back to his vehicle when he was attacked.  This is apparently not the case in the Georgia case.

If you are carrying a firearm, you need to understand that you should only use it to defend your life and the lives of those you care about.  Maybe personal property.  But don't think of it as a license to dispense justice, 'arrest' suspects, etc. 

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

At best, it appears that two guys tried to play cop and wound up killing him.  Not smart at all.  Don't play cop.

At worst, they out-and-out murdered the guy.

In a way it is like Trayvon in that the shooter could have removed himself from the situation without being injured or losing anything - ie they were not the victim.  But in the Travyon case that was a question - Zimmerman claimed he was going back to his vehicle when he was attacked.  This is apparently not the case in the Georgia case.

If you are carrying a firearm, you need to understand that you should only use it to defend your life and the lives of those you care about.  Maybe personal property.  But don't think of it as a license to dispense justice, 'arrest' suspects, etc. 

The Martin case, in black an white, was Z on the phone with the dispatcher after he left the vehicle. Not to apprehend as the PD was coming, but to maintain a line of sight.

the dispatcher told him “we don’t need you to do that” and Z headed back to his vehicle. Martin attacked a retreating “threat” and assaulted him.

was Z a wannabe cop? Probably, but that’s not criminal. Neighborhood watches shouldn’t try and apprehend anybody, and Z didn’t try to apprehend Martin. But watch and guide the responding officers.

once he retreated, at the suggestion of the dispatcher.......the incident should have been over.

Skittles, Arizona tea, and cough syrup are well know as “Purple Drank” and are a street intoxicant. A fact well known to all the political race baiters.

Z didn’t do anything wrong. The aftermath was criminal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

Yup, I've done that a number of times at new construction houses.  Just bein "nosy" or curious was all.

I walked through a construction zone last night while walking the dog.  We both pissed on the place.

Curiously, that dog likes to find dangerous places to do that.  Like cactus plants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The worst thing that is going to happen to these two are they are going to jail for a while.

The best thing that is going to happen is that they will be poor for the rest of their lives after paying legal fees and the almost certain civil judgement.

Be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you want to draw that gun.

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

They did murder him.....

They chased down an unarmed man in a pickup, and then shot him dead. 

A better question is why you’re framing them as the victims here?

Because somebody’s hating then darkies?

5 hours ago, Wrango said:

Apparently Georgia Bureau of Investigation disagreed with your detective work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Can you provide links to document this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see sources.

Thanks!

I read an initial report that stated that he had been seen burglarizing a home and upon leaving was seen by the Mc Michaels before this happened.  I can't find it now.  I'll keep searching.  I'm guessing it was either second hand or doctored up a bit.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PPQer said:

Here we go again.  I'm assuming most here have heard about this.  "Innocent young black man jogging chased down and murdered by white supremacists" seems to be the description of the MSM.   In fact, the young guy with a criminal history attacked a man with a shotgun, and apparently intended to take it away from him, and I suspect to use it.  Of course they use his high school picture instead of his current mugshot.  Young innocent Ahmaud could have turned around or kept running, but chose to attack.  The white guy, who had zero authority, won the altercation, but now he is the next sacrificial lamb.

What kind of person attacks a man holding a shotgun?  Stupid all around.  My personal opinion is the white guys didn't have any business interrogating anyone, and young Ahmaud could have kept running and avoided them.  

So many times over the years, I've seen videos of encounters where one bad move (like attacking a man with a shotgun) changed the perspective of guilt in the eyes of the law.

The cowardly prosecutor punts to a Grand Jury so he can get the outcome he wants.  The old ham sandwich thingy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/prosecutor-concluded-that-two-white-men-who-shot-ahmaud-arbery-were-in-perfectly-legal-territory/ar-BB13KOwi

Prosecutor concluded that two white men who shot Ahmaud Arbery were in 'perfectly legal' territory

ATLANTA — The district attorney who previously led the investigation into Ahmaud Arbery's death told police he did not see grounds for an arrest of the two white men who killed Arbery or the man who recorded it from his vehicle, according to a memo obtained by USA TODAY. 

Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney George E. Barnhill said in the memo that Gregory McMichael, his son Travis McMichael and their neighbor William Bryan were in "hot pursuit of a burglary suspect" when they shot Arbery, a 25-year-old black man, as he jogged through the Satilla Shores neighborhood just outside of Brunswick, Georgia on Feb. 23. Barnhill sent the memo to Glynn County Police Capt. Tom Jump

"It appears it was their intent to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia law, that is perfectly legal." 

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

Barnhill also identifies William Bryan, who is white, as the man who shot the video of the killing of Arbery. Bryan has an address listed in the Satilla Shores neighborhood, according to the police report. 

The decision not to arrest the McMichaels or Bryan has fueled outcry across the nation with attorneys for Arbery's family saying he was racially profiled. Local officials and community leaders say a history of nepotism and privilege in the district attorney offices of Waycross and Brunswick has allowed the killers to remain free. 

Barnhill said in the letter that he was recusing himself from the case over a conflict of interest. In the memo, he stated that Arbery's mother wanted him off the case because his son worked in the Brunswick District Attorney's office. 

Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson had previously recused herself from the case because Gregory McMichael was a retired investigator from her office. Gregory McMichael is also a former Glynn County police officer. 

"You have relational connections that run back for generations," said Rev. John Perry II, president of the Brunswick NAACP. "We believe the privilege of relationships caused the delay we are experiencing." 

Perry has called for Glynn County Police Chief John Powell, who is currently on paid administrative leave for violating oath of office in an unrelated matter, to step down.  

“Based on his negligence to say that an arrest should be made, there is no way that our taxpayer dollars should be paying him," Perry said. 

The case is now being led by Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney Tom Durden and the Georgia Bureau of Investigations. 

Durden has promised to send the case to a grand jury to consider criminal charges. But that may not happen until June because Georgia courts are largely closed due to the coronavirus.

The video of Travis McMichael shooting Arbery has been spread widely on social media.

Alan Tucker, a criminal defense attorney in Brunswick, said in a statement Thursday that he released the video because "there was entirely too much speculation, rumor, false narratives and outright lies surrounding the event."

"My sole purpose in releasing the video was absolute transparency because my community was being ripped apart by erroneous accusations and assumptions," said Tucker, adding that he had not been retained by anyone for the case.

Tucker did not respond to a request for comment on why he had the video. 

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the Arbery family, posted a photo on Twitter Thursday of a man he says is Bryan.

"If he chased down Ahmaud and filmed his execution, he should be arrested and charged with aiding and abetting them in committing this crime of murder," Crump said. 

Gregory McMichael told police they followed Arbery because he appeared to be the person seen on a surveillance video breaking into homes, the police report said. 

USA TODAY filed an open public records request with the Glynn County Police Department for burglaries and home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. The department's records office said in an email Thursday it had no records matching that request. 

In Barnhill's memo, he said the video shows Arbery attacking Travis McMichael which led to a tussle over McMichael's shot gun. He suggests that it's unclear who pulled the trigger leading to Arbery's death. 

"Arbery's mental health records and prior convictions help explain his apparent aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man," Barnhill wrote. 

Glynn County Commissioner Allen Booker said he doesn't fault the Glynn County Police Department for not making the initial arrest and believes Johnson's office made the call. 

“It's obvious there was special treatment because they aren't in jail," Booker said.

Booker said Arbery was a family friend and often saw him in the neighborhood doing landscaping work with his father. He described Arbery as "polite" and "always smiling." 

"Everybody is mad, heartbroken, some folks who grew up here say we know that racism is here in this community like every where else," Booker said. "But we didn’t think there were folks with that much hatred that they would hunt down a young man like a dog and kill him. And then not be in jail for it."

Contributing: Grace Hauck of USA TODAY

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Prosecutor concluded that two white men who shot Ahmaud Arbery were in 'perfectly legal' territory

https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/local_news/police-report-sheds-more-light-on-satilla-shores-shooting/article_2d7c05c8-36d3-55b5-ae11-60ea763095b3.html

There is a difference between wanting justice and wanting vengeance..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Not a lot of pocket to carry the loot from a burglary in a running suit

One of the many sad things about this situation is the way the world sees the South in America.   I lived there. Worked there.  And to be fair there are a lot of really wonderful people who would never do something like this.

But you read the news and you'd think everyone in the South is a heartless, racist, #$1&1!

It's simply not true.

These two men made a horrible, tragic, mistake. 

At least from what I've seen.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

One of the many sad things about this situation is the way the world sees the South in America.   I lived there. Worked there.  And to be fair there are a lot of really wonderful people who would never do something like this.

But you read the news and you'd think everyone in the South is a heartless, racist, #$1&1!

It's simply not true.

These two men made a horrible, tragic, mistake. 

At least from what I've seen.

That’s like saying when a thug robs a store and shoots the teller he made a mistake. 

• Eric locked this topic