Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

Based on all I have seen in this case, there was zero justification for what happened.   Dumbass Sr. and Dumbass Jr. are going to prison.  And rightly so, unless there are significant mitigating factors not currently in evidence. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ricordo said:

A grandfather of a former BIL was captured in Stalingrad. Released in the late 60's.

There were probably more than five. In the 30s, Hitler "ordered" Germans with foreign residence to return to the Fatherland. He was one of them. He died in the USA.

Quite a few did - wearing green and carrying John Garand's magnificent M1 rifle.  Hitler probably wasn't imagining them coming back like THAT!

Oh and......

iKBCzk.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

Based on all I have seen in this case, there was zero justification for what happened.   Dumbass Sr. and Dumbass Jr. are going to prison.  And rightly so, unless there are significant mitigating factors not currently in evidence. 

This is one of those cases where nuance can get you into trouble.  You have to look at the whole picture.

Man was jogging down the road.  Two guys approach him - one with a gun.  Jogger is killed by the one with the gun.  Not good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Probably good the thread was derailed.

Heck of a graphic!

Not that I didn't appreciate your mandala it was very hard to decipher and hard on the eyes to read.  It was a pretty graphic and artistic.  However, I prefer data in linear order to analyze. 

6 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Not that I didn't appreciate your mandala it was very hard to decipher and hard on the eyes to read.  It was a pretty graphic and artistic.  However, I prefer data in linear order to analyze. 

The only person i know that follows that calendar is a nun.   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Historian said:

The only person i know that follows that calendar is a nun.   :)

Perhaps.  But, I suspect there are some really devote Catholics that honestly do their best.  Good people exist in most major religions, doing their best to do what is right according to their conscience.  You and I often focus on the bad, because we have spent a lifetime or more dealing with the bad.   But, someone has to.  The major reason I am going to drop this thread like a hot rock, is not because of you.  It is because I thought I beat the work nightmares until last night.  That is frustrating, because usually that is my happy place where I am not under self-imposed house arrest. 

The gist of it was, I was standing over the body of a dead friend.  I went to Academy with him, worked with him.  After I left, he did three tours in Iraq and was trying to get back into the enforcement game.  We e-mailed back and forth that I was retiring and leaving an open spot and he should grab it.  I don't know how that turned out.  I just remember looking down at his bloody remains while someone from the Bore Site wandered up and asked, "What type of soap do you use?" Or, one of the many other stupid questions that get asked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Eric locked this topic