Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

Let me put it this way...If I see a man holdin a shotgun and lookin at me, and I'm 10 feet away from him I sure as HELL am NOT going to run AT him!!!  Black boy might just be alive if he had turned Right and kept runnin instead of bein so damn Stupid as to charge a man with a Shotgun!! To follow that...my lawn guy had an encounter with X next door, A$$hole neighbor, who came out screamin I'm gonna F***** gonna Kill You!!  (Won't bother you with the details of Why this happened, it's not important)  My Lawn guy, un-a$$ed that mower and did the 25 yard dash in like a Jack Rabbit!!!!  And No...A$$hole neighbor didn't fire.  I let him in the back door and we called the cops.  A$$hole neighbor got arrested....yard guy still alive.  Wouldn't have been if he had charged.  So yeah...black boy had all the "Right" to defend himself.  How'd that work out for him? 

Slow down the video. Jogger runs around the passenger side of truck. 

Shotgun driver is on driver side of truck and runs ahead and turns right going in front of truck where jogger is.

This means shotgunner runs up to jogger brandishing shotgun.

Are you saying in the above the jogger has no lawful ability to defend himself?

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Black boy might just be alive if he had turned Right and kept runnin instead of bein so damn Stupid as to charge a man with a Shotgun!!

Excuse me.  I believe was was old enough to be addressed as a man. 

Edited by Historian

Ruh roh.  Looky here:

AK Stick, this is not one of your fellow pseudo intellectuals, but people with law degrees.  Like Bren. 

It appears that I was wrong about thinking the guys should be charged.  

Bren was right.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6916-george-barnhill-letter-to-glyn/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2N7rUkU_9tPDOHOiNlFJcqvM03N1AZs_67Ur2Y_6TAjr16Y_E1Xwu4OtE

DA Barnhill letter of recusal from the case:

First

I am the current elected District Attorney for the Waycross Circuit, I have worked as a criminal
prosecutor for some 36 years.
Asan Assistant District Attorney in Waycross and Brunswick , as
Chief Assistant in Waycross for 20 years and served as the District Attorney the last 5 years ; I
have been actively involved in over 100 murder cases and assisted other prosecutors with at least
100 more.
I have no idea how many Aggravated Assault cases involving gunshots and wounds
of all types; Plus I have attended countless schools, classes and seminars on criminal
prosecution and criminal acts and evidence. My self and one of my Senior Trial Attorneys have
reviewed the evidence extensively and concur on all points.

Second

As to the case at hand: It is my professional belief the autopsy confirms what we had already
viewed as shown in the video tape, with the photographs & from the witness statements taken
immediately at the scene. The autopsy supports the initial opinion we gave you on February
24th , 2020 at the briefing room in the Glynn County Police Department after reviewing the
evidence you had at that time. Wedo not see grounds for an arrest of any of the three parties.

Third

It appears Travis McMichael,Greg McMichael, and Bryan William were following, in
pursuit burglary suspect, with solid firsthand probable cause, in their neighborhood, and
asking/ telling him to stop. It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until
law enforcement arrived. Under Georgia Law this is perfectly legal,

OCGA 17 -4 -60 A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his
immediate knowledge . If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion .”

Fourth

It clearly appears Travis McMichael and Greg McMichael had firearms being carried in an open
fashion . The investigation shows neither of them to be convicted felons or under felony
supervision , they were in a motor vehicle owned by Travis McMichael. Under Georgia Law
this is legal open carry .

OCGA 16- 11- 126 Any person whois not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his orher home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.
(b ) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her
person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be
carried in an open and fully exposed manner.”

Fifth

The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in real time. From said video it
appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly
turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichael who was standing at the front left
corner ofthe truck
. A brief skirmish ensues in which it appear Arbery strikes McMichael and
appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right
hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the
2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the
angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight
are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael
was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.
The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun. The angle of the shots and the video
show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .
Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia
Law , McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.

Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know
who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to
1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
possible . Arbery s mental health records & prior convictions help explain his apparent
aggressive nature and his possible thought pattern to attack an armed man .

OCGA 16 - 3-21 Use of Force in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individual is allowed to use
deadly force to defend themselves or others

OCGA 16 - 3- 23 . 1 Georgia' s No Duty to Retreat Law , an individual is
not required to back away from or submit to an attack;

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 [b ] The use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to prevent trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property is not justified unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2 A person properly and legally defending themselves is immune from prosecution
For the above and foregoing reasons, itis our conclusion there is insufficient probable cause to
issue arrest warrants at this time.

As to any further issues on whether to present this to a Glynn County Grand jury, that will have
to wait for the next District Attorney s review . Please consider this an OPEN file until that
decision is made and restrict the release of any information under Georgia Open Records

Act requests.

Sincerely
George E . Barnhill
District Attorney
Waycross Judicial Circuit

Edited by PPQer

Ruh roh.  Looky here:
AK Stick, this is not one of your fellow pseudo intellectuals, but people with law degrees.  Like Bren. 
Bren was right.
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6916-george-barnhill-letter-to-glyn/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2N7rUkU_9tPDOHOiNlFJcqvM03N1AZs_67Ur2Y_6TAjr16Y_E1Xwu4OtE
First

I am the current elected District Attorney for the Waycross Circuit, I have worked as a criminal
prosecutor for some 36 years. Asan Assistant District Attorney in Waycross and Brunswick , as
Chief Assistant in Waycross for 20 years and served as the District Attorney the last 5 years ; I
have been actively involved in over 100 murder cases and assisted other prosecutors with at least
100 more. I have no idea how many Aggravated Assault cases involving gunshots and wounds
of all types; Plus I have attended countless schools, classes and seminars on criminal
prosecution and criminal acts and evidence. My self and one of my Senior Trial Attorneys have

Second
As to the case at hand: It is my professional belief the autopsy confirms what we had already
viewed as shown in the video tape, with the photographs & from the witness statements taken
immediately at the scene. The autopsy supports the initial opinion we gave you on February
24th , 2020 at the briefing room in the Glynn County Police Department after reviewing the
evidence you had at that time. Wedo not see grounds for an arrest of any of the three parties.
Third
It appears Travis McMichael,Greg McMichael, and Bryan William were following, in
pursuit burglary suspect, with solid firsthand probable cause, in their neighborhood, and
asking/ telling him to stop. It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until
OCGA 17 -4 -60 A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his
immediate knowledge . If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private
person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion .”

Fourth
It clearly appears Travis McMichael and Greg McMichael had firearms being carried in an open
fashion . The investigation shows neither of them to be convicted felons or under felony
supervision , they were in a motor vehicle owned by Travis McMichael. Under Georgia Law

OCGA 16- 11- 126 Any person whois not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his orher home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.
(b ) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her
person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be

Fifth

The video made by William Bryan clearly shows the shooting in real time. From said video it
appears Ahmaud Arbery was running along the right side of the McMichael truck then abruptly
turns 90 degrees to the left and attacks Travis McMichael who was standing at the front left
corner ofthe truck
appears to grab the shotgun and pull it from McMichael The shot is through Arbery s right
hand palm which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip , the
2nd and 3rd wounds are consistent with the struggle for the shotgun as depicted in the video , the
angle of the 2nd shot with the rear of the buttstock being pushed away and down from the fight
are also consistent with the upward angle of blood plume shown in the video and that McMichael
was attempting to push the gun away from Arbery while Arbery was pulling it toward himself.
The 3rd shot too appears to be in a struggle over the gun. The angle of the shots and the video
show this was from the beginning or almost immediately became-- a fight over the shotgun .
Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia
Just as importantly, while we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger, we do not know
who caused the firings. Arbery would only had to pull the shotgun approximately 1/ 16th to
1/ 8th of one inch to fire weapon himself and in the height of an altercation this is entirely
possible . Arbery s mental health records & prior convictions help explain his apparent

OCGA 16 - 3-21 Use of Force in Defense, once confronted with a deadly force situation an individual is allowed to use
OCGA 16 - 3- 24 [b ] The use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to prevent trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property is not justified unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
OCGA 16 - 3- 24 .2 A person properly and legally defending themselves is immune from prosecution
For the above and foregoing reasons, itis our conclusion there is insufficient probable cause to
As to any further issues on whether to present this to a Glynn County Grand jury, that will have
to wait for the next District Attorney s review . Please consider this an OPEN file until that
decision is made and restrict the release of any information under Georgia Open Records

Act requests.

Sincerely
George E . Barnhill
District Attorney

#1 from someone who's recused themself from the case.

#2 current prosecutor supports arrest.

You are cherry picking, again.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TBO said:

Slow down the video. Jogger runs around the passenger side of truck. 

Shotgun driver is on driver side of truck and runs ahead and turns right going in front of truck where jogger is.

This means shotgunner runs up to jogger brandishing shotgun.

Are you saying in the above the jogger has no lawful ability to defend himself?

What I'm sayin is,

as soon as the black GENTLEMAN, (For the benefit of Historian)  saw the Redneck with the shotgun out of the corner of his eye...as he Most Assuredly DID, If he'd have turned Right and KEPT Running he might just be around today.  BUT, he chose to "defend" himself against a guy with a shotgun and another dude backin him up.  In "The heat of the moment" I guess....MY ass would have RUN.

9 minutes ago, PPQer said:

Ruh roh.  Looky here:

Bren was right.

First

prosecutor for some 36 years.
Asan Assistant District Attorney in Waycross and Brunswick , as
100 more.
I have no idea how many Aggravated Assault cases involving gunshots and wounds

Second

Third

immediate knowledge . If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion .”

Fourth

Fifth

corner ofthe truck

Act requests.

Sincerely
George E . Barnhill
District Attorney

You seem to have a great fascination with Bren, as if invoking his name somehow validates the fabrication you’ve been selling. 

Secondly, you seem to have some fixation with insulting me, you do understand that just further erodes both your credibility as well as damaging your argument?

Also, you seem to have missed this was already presented and discussed in this thread? Also neither the current DA nor the GBI seems to agree with any of the things he said in his statement......

Edited by AK_Stick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

Then if two white men who criminal histories out come the wood chippers.  Being not a respecter of color, I guess for his crimes, he shouldn't have been shot, but put in a wood chipper?

English, please. 

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

Okay, I think you rape children for fun on weekends.  I have opined.  Is that a fair and factual statement, or wild conjecture without actual evidence?  So, would it be okay to opine about your proclivities which I cannot either prove, nor disprove? If the criminal justice system were run the way you would have it, you would already be in segregation 23 hours a day.  Or, alternatively, we can assume you are completely innocent until evidence that leads to a trial, in which you are still presumed innocent until the State/Federal Government proves that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  

So, you see what a slippery slope that is?

Opinions are not factual statements.  

6 minutes ago, Pistolay said:

Barnhill is a friend of the accused. And his statement that the McMichaels were in compliance with Georgia's citizens arrest statutes is provably incorrect.

That’s not what Bren said though. 

21 minutes ago, Pistolay said:

Barnhill is a friend of the accused. And his statement that the McMichaels were in compliance with Georgia's citizens arrest statutes is provably incorrect.

I knew a juror on a smuggling case we were prosecuting.  They were not removed during voir dire.  If you know your attorney, perhaps they are on retainer?  Or, you could also argue since I have lawyers on standby for USCCA, I can't use them, because the family of the criminal I shot doesn't like that?

5 hours ago, Dric902 said:

So he should be shot and killed?

5 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

Well, sounded like he needed a good killing then. 

let’s go downtown ghetto and kill them all. For the good of the society, right?

Y'all are correct in that killing him is extreme. However, the MSM's posting of his baby pic is the other extreme. The truth lies in between, somewhere. In any event, this sad situation does NOT prove that America is a racist country where innocent black men are routinely hunted down by vicious redneck killers, which is the narrative the left is promoting.

Edited by gwalchmai

Y'all are correct in that killing him is extreme. However, the MSM's posting of his baby pic is the other extreme. The truth lies in between, somewhere. In any event, this sad situation does NOT prove that America is a racist country where innocent black men are routinely hunted down by vicious redneck killers, which is the narrative the left is promoting.
The media can only say whites hunt down and kill blacks... it takes whites like these two to prove them right.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 1

Did you miss the word "routinely" in my post?
My point is how much harm 1 incident like this causes.

It allows the MSM and agenda/grievance types to hoist it like a flag and carry it for decades.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

5 minutes ago, TBO said:

My point is how much harm 1 incident like this causes.

It allows the MSM and agenda/grievance types to hoist it like a flag and carry it for decades.

True. All the more reason to expose their agenda and speak truth to their hypocrisy. Too many of us are too afraid of being labeled "racists" by the left. Frankly, when they call me racist I think I must be barking up the right tree.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TBO said:

#1 from someone who's recused themself from the case.

#2 current prosecutor supports arrest.

You are cherry picking, again.

#2-  So does Barack Obama, Eric Holder, and Stacey Abrams.

Who doesn't "cherry pick" articles that back up their story?  Do you expect AK_Stick to post a link to the Abrey's criminal record or link to a story about how the truck was parked and the shooters were not "in pursuit"?  The DA actually says that, and of course Stick isn't going to link to it.  

If you look at it honestly, most of that letter actually disproves my position.  My position has been they were stupid and shouldn't have acted, but didn't chase him down and murder him like the MSM and Obama are saying.  That DA actually says they followed the law and considering Abrey's criminal history, were within legal limits.  I was arguing the difference between first degree murder and a lesser charge.  The DA says no charge.

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

In "The heat of the moment" I guess....MY ass would have RUN.

I wouldn't have run to the truck.  He had plenty of opportunity to turn away.

He supposedly knew the police were coming, I think they said they told him that, and they intended to hold him for the police.  I guess he felt he had nothing to lose.

Check this out:

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

GENTLEMAN, (For the benefit of Historian) 

Pejorative: And unnecessary.   You are making an assumption he was a gentleman.  We have no proof of that.

Unlike me, i told my future wife on our first date i was not gentleman and had no intention of becoming one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PPQer said:

#2-  So does Barack Obama, Eric Holder, and Stacey Abrams.

Who doesn't "cherry pick" articles that back up their story?  Do you expect AK_Stick to post a link to the Abrey's criminal record or link to a story about how the truck was parked and the shooters were not "in pursuit"?  The DA actually says that, and of course Stick isn't going to link to it.  

If you look at it honestly, most of that letter actually disproves my position.  My position has been they were stupid and shouldn't have acted, but didn't chase him down and murder him like the MSM and Obama are saying.  That DA actually says they followed the law and considering Abrey's criminal history, were within legal limits.  I was arguing the difference between first degree murder and a lesser charge.  The DA says no charge.

*The DA who recused himself because he’s friends with the accused says no charge*

The current DA says charge, the GBI says charge. 

• Like 1

Here’s a couple of excerpts from the actual police report. 

“ Travis the guy is running down the street lets go". McMichael stated he went to his bedroom and grabbed his .
Magnum and Travis grabbed his shotgun ”

“McMichael stated he and Travis got in the truck and drove down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive McMichael stated when they arrived at the
intersection of Satilla Drive and Holmes Drive, they saw the unidentified male running down Burford drive McMichael then stated Travis drive down Burford and
attempted to cut off the male. stated the unidentified male turned around and began running back the direction from which he came and " Roddy " attempted to block him which was unsuccessful Michael stated he then jumped
into the bed of the truck and he and Travis continued to Holmes in an attempt to intercept him .”

In their own words, they fully admit to chasing this man, even go so far as to admit that he tried to get away from them and changed his direction of travel to avoid them and they sought him out. 

“McMichael stated they saw the unidentified male and shouted " stop stop, we want to talk to you" . Michael stated they pulled up beside the male and
shouted stop again at which time Travis exited the truck with the shotgun.”

So, since we have no evidence he stole anything, no evidence he broke into a home with intent to steal anything, what legitimate reason did the McMichale’s have in your mind to arrest this man?

Futher, we know he attempted to deescalate by leaving, and they prevented him from doing so. So again, how was he the aggressor? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

Here’s a couple of excerpts from the actual police report. 

“ Travis the guy is running down the street lets go". McMichael stated he went to his bedroom and grabbed his .
Magnum and Travis grabbed his shotgun ”

“McMichael stated he and Travis got in the truck and drove down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive McMichael stated when they arrived at the
intersection of Satilla Drive and Holmes Drive, they saw the unidentified male running down Burford drive McMichael then stated Travis drive down Burford and
attempted to cut off the male. stated the unidentified male turned around and began running back the direction from which he came and " Roddy " attempted to block him which was unsuccessful Michael stated he then jumped
into the bed of the truck and he and Travis continued to Holmes in an attempt to intercept him .”

In their own words, they fully admit to chasing this man, even go so far as to admit that he tried to get away from them and changed his direction of travel to avoid them and they sought him out. 

“McMichael stated they saw the unidentified male and shouted " stop stop, we want to talk to you" . Michael stated they pulled up beside the male and
shouted stop again at which time Travis exited the truck with the shotgun.”

So, since we have no evidence he stole anything, no evidence he broke into a home with intent to steal anything, what legitimate reason did the McMichale’s have in your mind to arrest this man?

Futher, we know he attempted to deescalate by leaving, and they prevented him from doing so. So again, how was he the aggressor? 

Pretty sure I saw him punching the redneck gentleman in the head.

• Eric locked this topic