6.5 Grendel? Others?

Moshe

Is it cheaper to build, or just buy?  When I am bored, I love to research bullets, especially on the AR platform.  One I understand and can relate to.  It seems to be that middle round between the Creedmoor and the .308 ballistics.  A full version or pistol version is available from Anderson Arms?  I thought about a full on .50  Beowulf, but it tends to drop like a big rock like the .458 SOCOM.  So, a Stag lower .223 and a full rifle version.  Or, just pick up their pistol version from their site?  I was thinking of my next long gun.  The Glock 35 MOS tricked out is first on my wish list, but this is coming in as a second wish.  I like to think ahead on these things.  I have one .308 and I respect the round.  The only other .308 is the Tavor 7 that has become somewhat common.  Thoughts?  I am looking for input.  Though, for a rifle this year the .50 S&W in an AR tempts me too.  I have no doubts about those ballistics. 

I also know that good rounds are costly.  For the AR-15's and pistol we have they are .223 and that round is good for distance and wound power, that is about it. 

Well, after more digging, I found out that the 6.5 Grendel is kind of going the way of the Dodo, with the 6.5 SPC.  Needing only an upper change and a mag change that seems the way to go.  I have a .308 and I have 6.5CM.  I was essentially looking for an intermediate round between the two that maintains accuracy.  As far as deer hunting I used to use a 7mm mag, because I like ethical kills.  Being on a 1,000 acre lease and my 8 acres makes a difference.  I don't want a through and through.  That round made a little hole in, a large hole out, and kept on going.  I have made ethical kills with that round out to 300 yards.  That was only because the deer was that far away.  The 6.5 CM laughs at the wind.  The .308 needs to be compensated for wind.  The 6.5 SPC is more of middle ground.

I found the potential rare dodo, that is usually in a bolt action format.  A couple of people actually make a 7mm-08 AR.  One gentlemen, so far unsuccessfully, is pushing for an 8.6 CM.  He has good reasons, as it can be successfully fired out an AR-10 format.  However, no one has glommed onto his wildcat round, and I don't think they will.  He was attempting to solve the issue of .338 Federal being a horrible round.  So, creating a wild cat round to fix a round that not many people actually care about isn't going to gain much traction.