Gutless leaders, and the idiocy of Political Correctness

Gunboat1

If the pentagon did what they wanted, rather than what they were ordered.....that would be a problem

most administrations, especially the ones that have no military time, give the service leadership a lot of leeway to do what needs to be done, because they know.

micromanagers reject advice and do what they want for political points

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

If the pentagon did what they wanted, rather than what they were ordered.....that would be a problem

most administrations, especially the ones that have no military time, give the service leadership a lot of leeway to do what needs to be done, because they know.

There is the potential for those in high military leadership roles to act like politicians when they thing there is no oversight.

For a country's military, I believe that the civilian leadership responsibility is to keep the military in check.  Someone has to that has no vested interest in military power and authority.

However!  Contrary to present day politics, I also believe that if a problem requires military might, the political and civilian leadership get out of the way and let the military do what they do best.  Nullify and destroy!

• Like 2

P.C. In the Military is no new invention.  My father served from Vietnam, Mustanged over at OTS when I was about First grade.  He went from Tech Sargent to a butter bar and made it past the Second Gulf war as a Captain.  He had spotless records and was always above the standard to Excellence.  He was up for a Major position, because of his record of high achievement.  They decided to give to a black guy who had a DWI on base.  He put in for his retirement immediately.  I remember attending.  I was attending University by then.  He didn't want the jet ride, he wanted to drive the fire truck.  So, they let him tear across the flight line with a firetruck on full blast.  So, political correctness entered quickly and stayed that way from 1993 on.

I remember being a tyke going to my father's offices, and the carpet wreaked of cigarettes and cigars, and there was a nude woman on the wall in another open door posing with pilots.  The world evaporated and will never be seen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

A few principled resignations,  made with detailed, pointed, and direct condemnations of the proposed policies, and explaining to the public why PC policies of assigning women to combat units are wrong, detrimental and dangerous, might just sway the debate.  There is no shortage of scientific,  medical and historical evidence amply illustrating this.  All are routinely covered up or dismissed by the PC advocates, but couldn't be silenced if brought forth by several courageous senior officers willing to retire and speak out.

Instead the Pentagon ballerinas knuckle under, or worse, become PC advocates in pursuit of their next star.  America is weaker due to their professional cowardice.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Many have

and been removed under Obama 

and been called traitors and communists by the Trumpers after leaving

Not with an accompanying press conference, or published article documenting the reason why, or a concerted internet publicity campaign.   They could and should have LED the resistance to the PC tsunami.  Instead, they largely slunk away.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 10:12 AM, Moshe said:

P.C. In the Military is no new invention.  My father served from Vietnam, Mustanged over at OTS when I was about First grade.  He went from Tech Sargent to a butter bar and made it past the Second Gulf war as a Captain.  He had spotless records and was always above the standard to Excellence.  He was up for a Major position, because of his record of high achievement.  They decided to give to a black guy who had a DWI on base.  He put in for his retirement immediately.  I remember attending.  I was attending University by then.  He didn't want the jet ride, he wanted to drive the fire truck.  So, they let him tear across the flight line with a firetruck on full blast.  So, political correctness entered quickly and stayed that way from 1993 on.

I remember being a tyke going to my father's offices, and the carpet wreaked of cigarettes and cigars, and there was a nude woman on the wall in another open door posing with pilots.  The world evaporated and will never be seen again.

This timeline seems improbable.

• Like 1