Your favorite knife?

Booker

In single blade folders, I like Kershaw's Speed Safe line quite a lot, hard not to find a style that fits any perceived need.

In traditional mult-blade patterns, the 3-blade stockman, or whittler pattern is my favorite, so I have a few from several different makers.

In fixed blades, I like the GI knives, both the USMC (Kabar) type and the USAF pilot's knife. I have several of both as well as a USN Mk I, and some other war-time stand-ins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Benchmade Mini-Grip was my first "nice" knife, purchased 12 years or so and carried almost daily for 10+ of those years.  Recently, I purchased a Benchmade 940-2 Osborne in G-10.   Longer blade, slimmer footprint in the pocket, and S30v steel versus the Grip's 154CM.  It's quickly becoming my favorite pocket folder.

For fixed blades, I really like the M1 and M4 LionSteels with G-10 handles.  M390 steel for $140-$160.  Heckuva value for impeccable fit and finish.  

5 hours ago, KennyFSU said:

My Spyderco PM2 (second all-black one from the top) but as you can see, I'm a Spydie fanboy.

I had a PM2 and carried it for a few weeks.  Satin blade with camo handles/scales/covers/whatever you call them.  

Nice blade and great ergos.   But it was too big in the pocket for me.  It was a hassle anytime I needed to grab my keys, etc.  That’s why I love the BM 940-2.  

I have carried a Spyderco Tenacious of one model or another since they came out.  For duty carry it can't be beat.  I beat the crap out of it during Harvey, and it never failed.  I know they are cheap, which is why I have several of them.  I still have two Benchmade Pre Production AFCK's which is what it replaced.  I wouldn't cry about losing a $40, which is another reason I carry them.  

TXPo

Edited by Texaspoff

The knife i've carried most days for the last 20 years is a Benchmade McHenry and Williams.  Recently that was replaced with an Adamas but mostly because I want to keep the other knife for sentimental reasons.  That one and I have done a lot together.  I like Benchmade knives.  The Barrage is a great knife.  But lately it seems Benchmade's prices have gone up.

For general use:  Case trapper, red.  I love case knives.

When hunting:  My Randall model 25.  Or any of the one's I have made. 

I got a thing for pointy sharp things.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:59 PM, G26S239 said:

Over the last two years generally an Emerson A100 plain edge satin. Lately a Spyderco Endura VG10 satin plain edge with either stainless or black FRN handle material. 

Here are my three A100 knives. I bought the half serrated and black blade knives as a back up in case I lost my first one since I like this model so much. The knife to carry is a very personal choice but for those of you who are wondering about the A100 I consider it to be an outstanding choice. 

IMG_2058.JPG

Favorite every day is an ESEE-3.
Jesus....  it has great steel, great edge, great grip.  It is my "Get Off Me" knife
I still keep a CRKT Carson flipper (or) a really cheap Kershaw flipper in a side pocket for utility or whatever, but the ESEE-3 is incredible.
Really love the look of that ESEE-3! How do you carry it? Been thinking about adding a fixed blade to my edc...currently just carry a Kershaw tanto blur

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, cptnawesome said:

Really love the look of that ESEE-3! How do you carry it? Been thinking about adding a fixed blade to my edc...currently just carry a Kershaw tanto blur

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My carry situation is much different than most would feel appropriate.  Sorry.

• Confused 1

On 10/12/2017 at 6:30 AM, Smith10 said:

Cold steel Recon1 Tanto, the original version.

Got a picture?

I have an original Cold Steel Recon Tanto with the bead blasted blade. It was waaay before they started using numbers on their knives (somewhere around the 1980s).

I'll pull it out of the safe if I can.