Hair Clippers Question

DrB

Was looking on Amazon and even the Wahl site.  All sold out.  All the barbershops are shut down here so I thought I would order a set...  Nope.

So today I was in the local Drug store and decided to wander over to the hair care dept.  Big empty hole in the shelf where the clippers are.  Upon bending down on my knees to the lower shelf and looking.. (That was easy from many hours spent shooting dice in back alleys, I still need my .32 gun though but that is a different thread) 

Anyhow, I spotted a lonely Wahl Clip'N Trim kit  shoved way back in the shelf, $29.99...   I gave it a home.

Looked on FleeceMeBay and saw the shysters there trying to sell the same kit for $75.00-89.00...

Now I have to learn how to use the things.  Think I should try it out on my dog first????

Dave..

• Haha 2

Unless you are clipping your entire head the same length, it is easier for someone else to do your head. Especially the back and crown. YMMV

I clip mine myself but I take it to the lowest setting without a guard....about 1/32".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrB said:

Was looking on Amazon and even the Wahl site.  All sold out.  All the barbershops are shut down here so I thought I would order a set...  Nope.

So today I was in the local Drug store and decided to wander over to the hair care dept.  Big empty hole in the shelf where the clippers are.  Upon bending down on my knees to the lower shelf and looking.. (That was easy from many hours spent shooting dice in back alleys, I still need my .32 gun though but that is a different thread) 

Anyhow, I spotted a lonely Wahl Clip'N Trim kit  shoved way back in the shelf, $29.99...   I gave it a home.

Looked on FleeceMeBay and saw the shysters there trying to sell the same kit for $75.00-89.00...

Now I have to learn how to use the things.  Think I should try it out on my dog first????

Dave..

No!  The dog, unlike most humans, can feel humiliation.  

(jus kidding)

• Haha 2

I still have the Andis Masters my dad used on us. Also recently bought another Andis Master in near new condition, and then ordered all the guards for it. Bought from ebay for a very good price. I was surprised to get such a good deal since Andis clippers have quite a following. Seller had a low b.i.n. on them and I clicked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

Think I should try it out on my dog first????

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

No!  The dog, unlike most humans, can feel humiliation.  

:anim_rofl2:

My wife was not brave enough to go to the drug store (the meek shall inherit the Earth, right) but she did get a nice set of Wahl clippers from target.com.  The box is still in quarantine in the garage. 

Edited by minervadoe
emoticon issues
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

:anim_rofl2:

My wife was not brave enough to go to the drug store (the meek shall inherit the Earth, right) but she did get a nice set of Wahl clippers from target.com.  The box is still in quarantine in the garage. 

Women are good at cutting hair.  They care what you look like, unlike men who don't.

4 hours ago, ASH said:

we got a set ,dont know what it is, i think its a old oyster ,  we use it to shave our dogs ass to keep hair off butt lol.  never used any on my head 

Who'll know the difference?  :icon38:

Edited by janice6

Well to report.  When I opened the case, the dog ran for the hills.  I did not see her the rest of the day.  Must be some instinct thing Border Collies have. 

So now I look like I have a case of the Mange.  I'm not complaining, at least people in the stores will give me a least 10 ft. of distance now.

Actually not that bad for the first time I used...

Dave....

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrB said:

Well to report.  When I opened the case, the dog ran for the hills.  I did not see her the rest of the day.  Must be some instinct thing Border Collies have. 

Instincts run strong with border collies.  Mine was one of those over bred, long snouted collies with a really small cranium.  But, she could occasionally pull something out of her bag of magic tricks that there was no way she thought up.  Had to have been hardwired in there. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Instincts run strong with border collies. 

Yep, Several have owned me in their lives.  Sometimes several times a day I have to  just shake my head and speak "What Now??"  Never a dull moment with any one I have had but sometimes.......

They do wind up in rescue often but then I am the one that always brings another one home through the years

Dave...

youtube, Brother there are many tutorials on the youtube.

i been cutting my own hair for decades, now and then i`ll go to a Barber (or used to) but i cut it myself monthly with a Wahl set.

getting the back straight and trim the neck hairs will be the hardest part to do yourself.

• Like 1

Wahl are the way to go.  I have a Conair also that I used before and it is not as well made and not as much power.  Also have an Oster but it is very old and too weak.  I cut my own in the front and have the wife clean up the back.

• Like 1