People starting to get fed up with being cooped up

gwalchmai

I finally got home and discovered a new directive,  nailed up in the town square.

"A mask is mandatory if you go in a store."

So I didn't go in the store.  Dun with it.

I can go through six airports every week,  for the last 15 years,  but I can't go in a store au naturel.

OR PEOPLE WILL DIE!!!

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Sad 1

AHA!

Per the "order" (and it's been reported that the police will enforce it to the fullest extent of the "law"),  you don't have to wear a mask if you have a medical condition that prevents the wearing,  and you don't have to disclose that condition.

Stuff like this is why people don't like me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johnbt said:

People are already dying by the tens of thousands without other people doing stupid stuff just to prove their manhood or something.

Being smart is good and isn't a lot of work.

Death numbers that are right in line with previous annual flu seasons?

I guess everyone has been stupid all these years.

But then,  it wasn't an election year,  with the hated Pres in the lineup.

This'll blow over before the elections.  We'll have to come up with one more crisis before then.  A really really good one.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Death numbers that are right in line with previous annual flu seasons?

I guess everyone has been stupid all these years.

But then,  it wasn't an election year,  with the hated Pres in the lineup.

This'll blow over before the elections.  We'll have to come up with one more crisis before then.  A really really good one.

Ahhhh.  The "Game" of politics.  Where you lie, cheat, and steal, while claiming the other guy is a crook. 

"New York had 4,749 deaths as a result of influenza and pneumonia in 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control (statistics for 2019 were not available). The New York City Department of Health said that roughly 2,000 of those deaths happen within the five boroughs every year.

If divided equally over the course of a year, slightly under 400 New Yorkers died each month in 2018 from the flu or pneumonia, around 167 of whom were in the city. It is consistently one of the top five causes of death in the state and NYC."   -  www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/as-nyc-nears-1000-covid-19-deaths-how-does-it-compare-to-typical-flu-seasons/2352180/

The New York City Department of Health said that roughly 2,000 of those deaths happen within the five boroughs every year.

Now compare that 2,000 to the 10,344 New York City deaths from coronavirus and tell us again how it's just the flu. Over 10,000 deaths in 3 months. Spin that.

• Like 1

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths

I don't remember the drama occurring.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

People seem to forget, this hasn't run it's course yet.

Round two is coming. Statistically there will be a small third. My biggest fear still is seeing this take hold in the major slums of the world.

16 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

People seem to forget, this hasn't run it's course yet.

And it could very well end up being 10x worse.  Then I'm wrong.

The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation,  whose estimates have been driving this debacle from the beginning,  recently lowered their projections to ~60K US deaths,  from 2.2M.

The governors that shut down their states instantly started whining about needing massive federal dollars,  because their economy's are dead-right-there.  Funny how that works.

It may not have started out this way,  but I believe that politics have 100% taken it over.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer ordered on Monday the creation of a task force to investigate why the novel coronavirus has disproportionately affected the state’s African-American community.

Anyone with the ability to see how that community is socially constructed, and the basis for it's functioning will know right away why.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnbt said:

"New York had 4,749 deaths as a result of influenza and pneumonia in 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control (statistics for 2019 were not available). The New York City Department of Health said that roughly 2,000 of those deaths happen within the five boroughs every year.

If divided equally over the course of a year, slightly under 400 New Yorkers died each month in 2018 from the flu or pneumonia, around 167 of whom were in the city. It is consistently one of the top five causes of death in the state and NYC."   -  www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/as-nyc-nears-1000-covid-19-deaths-how-does-it-compare-to-typical-flu-seasons/2352180/

The New York City Department of Health said that roughly 2,000 of those deaths happen within the five boroughs every year.

Now compare that 2,000 to the 10,344 New York City deaths from coronavirus and tell us again how it's just the flu. Over 10,000 deaths in 3 months. Spin that.

You have the number of deaths per year in New York City due to only Influenza and Pneumonia.  Now how about the other causes.  If tests for Corona Virus is Positive, then the cause of death is listed as Corona Virus.  This is not a valid statistic.  How about just the Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases also.

NY Leading Causes of Death, 2017 Deaths Rate*** State Rank* U.S. Rate**
1. Heart Disease 44,092 171.2 17th 165.0
2. Cancer 34,956 141.2 41st 152.5
3. Accidents 7,687 35.5 49th 49.4
4. Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases 7,258 28.9 48th 40.9
5. Stroke 6,264 24.6 50th 37.6
6. Flu/Pneumonia 4,517 17.7 10th 14.3
7. Diabetes 4,176 16.8 47th 21.5
8. Alzheimer’s disease 3,521 13.2 50th 31.0
9.  Hypertension 2,699 10.4 11th 9.0
10. Septicemia 2,296 9.1 28th 10.6
Edited by janice6

2 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Round two is coming. Statistically there will be a small third. My biggest fear still is seeing this take hold in the major slums of the world.

The ones that will have to worry the most are the ones that locked themselves into an antiseptic bubble.  I know people that have always lived their lives like that.

I also suspect that the slum-people already have an enhanced immune system.  Why haven't we heard much about the homeless devastation in LA,  or Chicago, Detroit, NYC?

The beautiful people in the penthouses probably better stay there.

• Like 1

We went camping with a bunch of families, years ago.  A bunch of the kids would disappear all day.

Some parents freaked because we didn't know where our kids were.  We could still hear their shrill shouts, in the nearby area.

Then the kids would come back (tada!).  And they'd be covered from head-to-toe in muck and stink.  Come back with toads and frogs and snakes and bugs and mammals.

Some parents disdained us for letting them get so groady.  (If you push them into the creek,  they clean up nicely.)

They had kids too.

Through three or four days,  we never saw them once.  They never came out of the campers.  While "camping".  TV and video games.

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I’m not talking about LA or Chicago. 

Cairo, Rio, etc. slums that are cities unto themselves. 

I don't know.  Haven't heard much about the annihilation in all of Mexico / S. America either.

They drink the water.

• Like 1

Governments are at their worst when they believe their responsibility is to prevent their citizens from living their lives.

Governments are at their second worst when they take their citizen's lives for trying to live them.

No government "of the people, and by the people" should be capable of confining the people..

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, deputy tom said:

In two days it will be a full month we've been under the stay at home order. It's getting quite old. tom. :fred:

Today, during my trip to pick up "take out dinner early", I pointed out to my wife that the parking lot to the DIY store was packed with cars.  People are getting fed up!

• Like 1