Once again, Bill Whittle is the voice of reason

gwalchmai

He's saying that he believes that the measures to minimize the number of Corona virus cases have actually worked, and worked enough to even reduce even the seasonal Flu illnesses.   Based on a sampling of body temperatures of under 200,000 people on a live data display presenting these overall temperatures versus computed temperatures due to a seasonal Flu.

That no one is attempting to control the country but to control the Virus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The dude just rambles.  I clicked through it to try to get some meat and didn't get much.  Only a constitutional problem if there are guns outside his door??  Okay, and no problem with pissing away $2T that will end up being $4T and taking a huge **** on the economy?  Forcing people to close their business resulting in them going out of business and losing their livelihood?  He is basing his whole premise on 170k temps?  We do have somewhat of a control - Japan.  Did little, best numbers in the world.

• Like 2

I think the trend graph from Kinsa says a lot. You can see where the mitigation began and the difference in observed fevers. As far as Bill's take on the actions of our leaders, I think he's saying that we're probably OK to "trust, but verify". Except for the media.

image.png.616ebd4081c5bbdca7392e705fb07b5e.png

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, janice6 said:

He's saying that he believes that the measures to minimize the number of Corona virus cases have actually worked, and worked enough to even reduce even the seasonal Flu illnesses.   Based on a sampling of body temperatures of under 200,000 people on a live data display presenting these overall temperatures versus computed temperatures due to a seasonal Flu.

That no one is attempting to control the country but to control the Virus.

And being ordered to close businesses and stay home didn't violate his Constitutional rights.   That he didn't "lose my rights".  The thing is, he doesn't lose his right until the next time,  when .gov uses this precedent to validate it and then enforce it.   

He also says nobody came after his guns, but there are instances where Mayors interfered on guns.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PPQer said:

And being ordered to close businesses and stay home didn't violate his Constitutional rights.   That he didn't "lose my rights".  The thing is, he doesn't lose his right until the next time,  when .gov uses this precedent to validate it and then enforce it.   

He also says nobody came after his guns, but there are instances where Mayors interfered on guns.

Because the edict was repelled doesn't mean that the politicians didn't try to do these things.

7 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I think the trend graph from Kinsa says a lot. You can see where the mitigation began and the difference in observed fevers. As far as Bill's take on the actions of our leaders, I think he's saying that we're probably OK to "trust, but verify". Except for the media.

image.png.616ebd4081c5bbdca7392e705fb07b5e.png

I went an dug into that data a bit and it quickly began to stink to high heaven.  They do not define terms such as "Atypical" or the source of that info.  This is supposedly temperature data, how do you tell if it is atypical from a temp?  How do you tell if it is flu like?  User feedback in the app?  Is it multiple choice?  How are the options worded?  That all matters a lot.  Also, from what I can see they are $40 thermometers.  Not terribly expensive but cheap enough to prevent low income people from buying them which is going to skew the results to people with more money, generally more property, not in apartment, further apart.

I looked at my county, it does not indicate the sample size and shows the % ill down to nearly 0.  

Who takes their temp when they are not sick?  How are they getting so many not ill readings?  It reads like pure bullshit to me and they have some number wanks putting the messaged numbers against CDC numbers and regional edicts trying to show correlation.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.  Good number people can make numbers say anything they want.  If they can get people to believe using their **** helps with disease tracking they will get a huge boost in business, they seem to be sold out everywhere.

So without definitions and source info it is garbage data.

• Haha 1

This, for example, is just pure horseshit.  Anyone that claims it correlates to anything valuable is HIGHLY suspect.  I am sure there is many other pieces of irrelevant data that correlate much more closely than this.  Like numbers of cars registered, gallons of gasoline sold, etc.

https://www.kinsahealth.co/tracking-epidemic-outbreaks-with-smart-thermometers/

36 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

I went an dug into that data a bit and it quickly began to stink to high heaven.  They do not define terms such as "Atypical" or the source of that info.  This is supposedly temperature data, how do you tell if it is atypical from a temp?  How do you tell if it is flu like?  User feedback in the app?  Is it multiple choice?  How are the options worded?  That all matters a lot.  Also, from what I can see they are $40 thermometers.  Not terribly expensive but cheap enough to prevent low income people from buying them which is going to skew the results to people with more money, generally more property, not in apartment, further apart.

I looked at my county, it does not indicate the sample size and shows the % ill down to nearly 0.  

Who takes their temp when they are not sick?  How are they getting so many not ill readings?  It reads like pure bull**** to me and they have some number wanks putting the messaged numbers against CDC numbers and regional edicts trying to show correlation.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.  Good number people can make numbers say anything they want.  If they can get people to believe using their **** helps with disease tracking they will get a huge boost in business, they seem to be sold out everywhere.

So without definitions and source info it is garbage data.

Dig some more. They explain where the data come from and they define "atypical". And yes, they make no claim of it being statistically pure. It is, however, available and I think we should use it, carefully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

This, for example, is just pure horse****.  Anyone that claims it correlates to anything valuable is HIGHLY suspect.  I am sure there is many other pieces of irrelevant data that correlate much more closely than this.  Like numbers of cars registered, gallons of gasoline sold, etc.

https://www.kinsahealth.co/tracking-epidemic-outbreaks-with-smart-thermometers/

Our hospital uses the no touch, forehead scanners, that I suspect are providing such data.  We walk across a large parking lot, in cold weather, and they take our temp just inside the door, and it's always 2 degrees low for everyone.  EVERYBODY walks away saying something about their temp being 96.x and being puzzled by it.  I get to my dept and take it again, and I'll be 2 degrees higher under my tongue.  100.4 is the go home temp, but if you are running 100.4, it will read 98.4 at the door.  The type of people who orchestrated this lunacy are all that is standing between society and full blown pandemic.  Thankfully C-19 is largely hype.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'd like to take the day off.  I'm going to carry one of those hand heaters.  As I walk across the parking lot I'll have it against my forehead.  I should get to go home.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PPQer said:

Our hospital uses the no touch, forehead scanners, that I suspect are providing such data.  We walk across a large parking lot, in cold weather, and they take our temp just inside the door, and it's always 2 degrees low for everyone.  EVERYBODY walks away saying something about their temp being 96.x and being puzzled by it.  I get to my dept and take it again, and I'll be 2 degrees higher under my tongue.  100.4 is the go home temp, but if you are running 100.4, it will read 98.4 at the door.  The type of people who orchestrated this lunacy are all that is standing between society and full blown pandemic.  Thankfully C-19 is largely hype.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'd like to take the day off.  I'm going to carry one of those hand heaters.  As I walk across the parking lot I'll have it against my forehead.  I should get to go home.

Yeah we have tons of customers looking at making stupid IR body temp scanners.  I do not see a way to make them accurate and even if you could screening people with it is largely worthless if you accept the idea that you can be asymptomatic and contagious for up to 14 days.  You are wasting money on a bunch of equipment just to make yourself feel safe.  We seem to be getting better and better at that.

Edited by RenoF250
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, PPQer said:

The most irritating part about getting my temp taken every morning is that it's always women, and they always want take mine rectally.  The burdens I must bear.  The troubles I seen.........

Is she wearing this "thermometer" around her waist?  I think we are talking about something else.  That thermometer takes a totally different bluetooth app.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Fail:  Turns out, when you have a fever, you go to a secondary check for questions and proper temp check.  By then, my forehead had cooled and of course, I couldn't buy a cough fit.

So  I'm stuck at work.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PPQer said:

Fail:  Turns out, when you have a fever, you go to a secondary check for questions and proper temp check.  By then, my forehead had cooled and of course, I couldn't buy a cough fit.

So  I'm stuck at work.  

Next time inhale a bit of pepper through your mouth.

• Haha 2