Best Movie Lines

Eric

• Administrators

“- Henry Desalvo: Wait! We have a die-hard situation developing in the kitchen.
- Leonard Ferroni: What's happening?
- Henry Desalvo: Well, either he's going to whack 'em with a rolling pin or bake him a cake. It could go either way with this crew.” -- Big Trouble

• Haha 1

• Administrators

"Leonard:
Look at this thing
[Talking about a mosquito]. He's the size of a Buick.

Henry Desalvo:
She.

Leonard:
She what?

Henry Desalvo:
The mosquito is a she.

Leonard:
How the hell can you tell that?

Henry Desalvo:
Discovery channel. Only the female mosquito sucks your blood.

Leonard:
Sounds like my ex-wife. "Bitch." "
-- Big Trouble

• Haha 1

• Administrators

"Actually, Werner, we're all tickled to hear you say that. Quite frankly, watching Donny beat nazis to death is the closest we ever get to goin' to the movies." -- Lt. Aldo Raine, Inglorious Basterds

• Like 1

• Administrators

"I sure as hell didn't come down from the God Damn Smokey Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of ******* aero plane to teach the Nazi's lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity, they're the foot soldiers of a Jew hating, mass murdering maniac and they need to be destroyed. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are, and they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives and the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us, and when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with."

LT Aldo Raine, Inglorious Basterds

• Like 1

• Administrators
"Col. Hans Landa: [giddy] Oooh, that's a bingo! Is that the way you say it? 'That's a bingo'?
Lt. Aldo Raine: You just say 'Bingo'.
Col. Hans Landa: Bingo! How fun!" -- Inglorious Basterds
  • Haha 1

Listen, punk. To me you’re nothin’ but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!

Harry Callahan, Sudden Impact

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

“We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.” — Fight Club

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Ben Wade :  “I've always liked you Byron, but you never know when to shut up. Even bad men love their mommas. “

[Throws him off the edge of the cliff] — 3:10 To Yuma (2007)

• Thanks 1

“Oh it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. The trombones crunched redgold under my bed, and behind my gulliver the trumpets three-wise silverflamed, and there by the door the timps rolling through my guts and out again crunched like candy thunder. Oh, it was wonder of wonders. And then, a bird of like rarest spun heavenmetal, or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now, came the violin solo above all the other strings, and those strings were like a cage of silk round my bed. Then flute and oboe bored, like worms of like platinum, into the thick thick toffee gold and silver. I was in such bliss, my brothers.”- Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange.

“I was cured all right.” - Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange.

"If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murders come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help."-Henry Hill, Goodfellas

"Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli"-Clemenza The God Father.

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley." Terry, On the Waterfront.

Frank Costello:Only kidding. How's your mother?
Man in Costello's Bar: Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out.
Frank Costello: [walks away] We all are. Act accordingly. -The Departed.

• Thanks 1

“I hate rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.”

“The older the violin, the sweeter the music.”

“It’s been quite a party ain’t it?"

-- All from Lonesome Dove

"And now *you* understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off."

John Fain: Who are you?

Jake: Jacob McCandles.

John Fain: I thought you were dead.

Jake: Not hardly.

-- From Big Jake

• Like 1