Making your own masks

SC Tiger

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

Most guys would lose sight of the mask making goal by the time they got the bra off someone and looked into the cup.

I watched that woman's entire video and didn't learn a thing and was disappointed in the outcome.

Maybe i was hoping for something else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

I watched that woman's entire video and didn't learn a thing and was disappointed in the outcome.

Maybe i was hoping for something else.

God knows, that looking into one empty cup of a bra is not on my list of anticipated activities.  Rather than cut up a perfectly good bra, I would rather do my own impression of one.  My interest is certainly not on making masks, quite to the contrary.

I can't believe the activities people come up with when they are figuratively "trapped together".  This was my all time wish for many years.  Now I'm supposed to ignore the woman next to me!

It's a mask, but it is NOT an N95. 

It is a good idea to wear a mask during this time - but these generic masks are intended to contain the wearer's spittle and snot; not to protect the wearer from pathogens others might carry.  These homemade masks might offer some limited protection, but it is very limited. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Cali-Glock said:

It's a mask, but it is NOT an N95. 

It is a good idea to wear a mask during this time - but these generic masks are intended to contain the wearer's spittle and snot; not to protect the wearer from pathogens others might carry.  These homemade masks might offer some limited protection, but it is very limited. 

Quoted for truth. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Historian said:
1 hour ago, Historian said:

I have a military grade issued gas mask.  Not sure it covers this situation.

A long time ago when i was a single man i kept a similar one on top of the crapper in my apartment.  It got many laughs.

M50 ? If it has the 40mm receptacle, then you can get P100 filters. The M50 , I believe has a proprietary receptacle, the Avon C50 has the 40mm and is NIOSH certified.

I will be the first to admit i have run around with a bra on my face.

When i was in college i was dating a wonderful young lady who was blessed with "large tracks of land!"

Anyway...Some of my buddies were helping me move and we found one of her bras behind my bed.

I put it on top of my head like an aviator's leather helmet, stuck my arms out like an airplane and pretended to fly about the place!

There was much laughter...and appreciation for the magnificent nature of of that garment and what it represented as an engineering marvel it represented.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Historian said:

I will be the first to admit i have run around with a bra on my face.

When i was in college i was dating a wonderful young lady who was blessed with "large tracks of land!"

Anyway...Some of my buddies were helping me move and we found one of her bras behind my bed.

I put it on top of my head like an aviator's leather helmet, stuck my arms out like an airplane and pretended to fly about the place!

There was much laughter...and appreciation for the magnificent nature of of that garment and what it represented as an engineering marvel it represented.

I remember the story about how Howard Hughes designed a structural support bra for jane Russell. 

Then I actually saw an old picture of Jane in a big bra and there was a pronounced dent in the right cup next to the point(nipple space), so not I don't believe she was as big as the publicity said and I want to see proof before I believe it.

• Haha 1

Wow! I wish I was smart like her! Apparently I was misled.

I/we had to be fitted for N95 masks to assure correct fit. No beards allowed. Then we put on a hood and artificial sweetener was squirted in. If we tasted the sweetener the process was repeated until correct fit was achieved. Beards defeated the mask so we had to shave or sign a release. The N95 filter to 0.1 micron. The corvid 19 is larger, 0.6 microns, so our respiratory tract was well protected.

All this time I could have worn a bra on my face (what about jock straps?). I feel so dumb.

Edited by Paul53
  • Haha 1

I've got a studio-quality Michael Myers mask.  And to protect my fragile body,  I only wear coveralls now.  Today, I went to Target,  and all I really needed was a butchers knife.

And everyone must be a heeding a new curfew here,  because the parking lot was completely empty by the time I came out.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, DrB said:

Do you need to wash the underwear first???

I bet you're asking for a friend.

Personally this is too far from my comfort zone!  I could see trying it with some "boy leg panties" instead.  Now where to get them...………………………………….

• Haha 1