Film your hospital

gwalchmai

6 hours ago, Dric902 said:

vote your brains, experience, worldview. Vote like an informed citizen, not a sheep.

I did.  That's why Trump is president.? No need to thank me.  You just keep tellin the "truth" man. 

I'm just a dupe.  "Experience and world view"?  Worked in the middle east 20 years.  That count?  

33 minutes ago, janice6 said:

So what is the answer?

You are asking me? Heck, it tortured Einstein until he died! :D)

What I do know is that, for most people, what they see and hear can be two or more different things.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

If you are in a dark room with your eyes closed, you may see little infrequent flashes of light.  This is a photon converting to an electron in your eye.  You can actually see this.

On a lighter side, I can see little flashes of light with my eyes open. 

Nothing much to it, just the result of infrequent punches to the eye cavity.

:)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

On a lighter side, I can see little flashes of light with my eyes open. 

Nothing much to it, just the result of infrequent punches to the eye cavity.

:)

So, you are working in improving your methods of meeting females?

• Haha 2

I just heard through our ED that a hospital in the Atlanta area has expanded it's ICU into the Cath Lab and other areas.  They are getting hit hard.  My system is furloughing clinical staff and if we get hit hard, we're in trouble.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PPQer said:

I just heard through our ED that a hospital in the Atlanta area has expanded it's ICU into the Cath Lab and other areas.  They are getting hit hard.  My system is furloughing clinical staff and if we get hit hard, we're in trouble.

This ****'s insane. I haven't worked since 3/21, not scheduled back until 4/15, "subject to call off" due to low census. Pondering taking a Covid contract in Miami that pays $125 an hour, 60 hour weeks, for 4 weeks. A coworker is going, and invited me along. Looking for a Tyvek suit in 3xl and a respirator. I can fork out some cash for those, and still come out WAY ahead. Also was just emailed a contract for an urgent care gig, and I'm going over that with a fine-tooth comb. May as well make some cash while the getting is good, right?

It is the strangest phenomenon, being an emergency provider and being off work during a plague. I, one of many, may not be around by the time the **** hits the fan locally. I'll be off making money somewhere else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

This ****'s insane. I haven't worked since 3/21, not scheduled back until 4/15, "subject to call off" due to low census. Pondering taking a Covid contract in Miami that pays $125 an hour, 60 hour weeks, for 4 weeks. A coworker is going, and invited me along. Looking for a Tyvek suit in 3xl and a respirator. I can fork out some cash for those, and still come out WAY ahead. Also was just emailed a contract for an urgent care gig, and I'm going over that with a fine-tooth comb. May as well make some cash while the getting is good, right?

It is the strangest phenomenon, being an emergency provider and being off work during a plague. I, one of many, may not be around by the time the **** hits the fan locally. I'll be off making money somewhere else.

Good luck my friend. Be careful. tom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Hospital/Medical chain in the TN VA KY area is laying off 1300 employees and closing several urgent care centers. 

Yeah, this is INSANE. Medical jobs have usually been economy-proof. Until the covid either really kicks in, or dies out and we get back to normal, even me and my colleagues in emergency medicine are suffering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many ramifications of all this in healthcare are not even starting to materialize yet. Healthcare is essential, essentially shut down in fact.

All the many hospitals we deal with regularly are ghost towns.

My guys are telling me stories of the ER's turning people away, telling them "You have to consult with your doctor and if he wants you to come in he'll call us." "Well, leave him another message, maybe the clinic has an emergency number?" Not sure what's up with that, might actually be a good thing, but not what you expect at a hospital ER.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1