Film your hospital

gwalchmai

Are you serious?  How in the hell can a govt., our govt. no less, EVER get this many people/hospitals/news agencies to be in on it?  Never happen.  The way people hate each other for even thinking differently?  Never happen.  And I believe it's easier to fake a "film your hospital video" anyway.

Of course hospitals are empty now, but that doesn't mean anything.  They cancelled elective procedures and are limiting access to the hospital to prepare for C-19 cases and limit the potential for exposure.  Without the elective procedures, hospitals are empty and staff furloughed.  They will continue to be slow if predictions were overblown and the "peak" isn't as bad as predicted. 

If the peak has been exaggerated, hospitals will stay slow until they start doing elective procedures again.  If the peak is as bad as is being predicted, they'll be insanely busy and they'll be lucky they did what they did.

Personally, other than limiting potential exposure, I don't understand why they can't do simple things like colonoscopies.  It's an outpatient\same day procedure that doesn't tie up any resources other than the GI Lab.  They certainly don't tie up any ER, Surgery, or ICU beds.   

It could just be the over reaction is more dangerous than the virus.  Imagine needing cardiac catheterization but not getting it because they are holding the beds open for C-19.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wrango said:

Are you serious?  How in the hell can a govt., our govt. no less, EVER get this many people/hospitals/news agencies to be in on it?  Never happen.  The way people hate each other for even thinking differently?  Never happen.  And I believe it's easier to fake a "film your hospital video" anyway.

"thinking differently" is every citizen's duty in a free society. The people telling us that the hospitals are overwhelmed are the same ones who tell us that "no one needs an assault weapon to hunt deer".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

“We expect 2 million deaths, we must act now......$6 trillion”

*June*

”our decisive action and great leadership saved an estimated 1.98 million lives” vote for us

I'm convinced.  Trumps leadership sucks. 

You're right. 

I'm voting for Biden!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, PPQer said:

Of course hospitals are empty now, but that doesn't mean anything.  They cancelled elective procedures and are limiting access to the hospital to prepare for C-19 cases and limit the potential for exposure. 

This.  

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

I'm convinced.  Trumps leadership sucks. 

You're right. 

I'm voting for Biden!!

Don’t do that

just don’t be a dupe, hold them accountable.

dont be blind

see through the marketing and manipulation.

vote your brains, experience, worldview. Vote like an informed citizen, not a sheep

44 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:
4 hours ago, PPQer said:

Of course hospitals are empty now, but that doesn't mean anything.  They cancelled elective procedures and are limiting access to the hospital to prepare for C-19 cases and limit the potential for exposure. 

This.  

Where are all the gun shot victims in the inner cities we always hear about on the nightly news?  The people with seizures  and various cardiac problems?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Where are all the gun shot victims in the inner cities we always hear about on the nightly news?  The people with seizures  and various cardiac problems?

They're still there.  Shooting in cities like Memphis and Chitcago are pretty common and not really news if there is something else available.  Inside the hospitals we still hear typical codes (Harvey, Stemi, Red, brown in San Francisco) just like any other day.  The time local media would spend on the overnight shootings is now being spent on C-19 and how Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer are saving the world from it.  I noticed the morning news readers are now doing it from home, which eats into even more air time.

IOW, they gots bigger fish to fry.

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

My local news just aired a piece asking people with serious conditions and potentially symptoms of serious conditions, to come to the hospitals.  The local government told the public that all elective procedures and non-critical cases should not go to the hospital, and now people are discounting potentially very serious symptoms and staying away.  

This is another case of unintended consequences from an politician issuing an edict without thinking how to actually say it so it didn't turn to crap later on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Necessary/emergency lifesaving is still taking place.  However, elective procedures are not.  To put this into perspective, I ran into a local surgeon buddy a few days ago.  He has had to cancel the next (can't remember the specific timeframe) 87 surgeries he had scheduled and will probably cancel many more in the future.  

So, all of the support staff related to these surgeries....anesthesiologists, CRNAs, OR nurses/circulating nurses, techs, PAs, residents, med students, and reps, etc. are also not doing the 87 scheduled surgeries.  And, that is the norm pretty much everywhere.  Where are these people?  I can't say, but we know where they aren't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My local news just aired a piece asking people with serious conditions and potentially symptoms of serious conditions, to come to the hospitals.  The local government told the public that all elective procedures and non-critical cases should not go to the hospital, and now people are discounting potentially very serious symptoms and staying away.  

This is another case of unintended consequences from an politician issuing an edict without thinking how to actually say it so it didn't turn to crap later on.

Maybe healthcare will get cheaper as demand goes down

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Maybe healthcare will get cheaper as demand goes down

It can't, since the hospitals, clinics, equipment, sterilization requirements and consumables,  health care infrastructure,  is still there and someone has to pay for all of it.  Eventually if it crumbles and less facilities are there, it might cost less, but now you are selling a product with a captive audience so it's conflicting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

The local government told the public that all elective procedures and non-critical cases should not go to the hospital, and now people are discounting potentially very serious symptoms and staying away. 

How does a photon know it is being watched?

• Thanks 1