Her Majesty, The Queen

gwalchmai

45 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Still classy.

Whether you like it or not, she is the country's cheerleader, as sure as Trump is ours, and as much as Churchill was in his day.  Somebody has to give hope to those lost in despair.

It is not a question of whether it is the right thing to do anymore, it has been done, and it has to be dealt with.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

I always thought she was a class act.   She really represents another day and age.

It is a real interest of mine in how they have managed to create a constitutional monarchy.   It almost happened here but George Washington declined the offer to be king.

I'll miss the queen she she passes.  It will be interesting to see how her nation changes over the next 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, UHLAWPUP said:

I listen to her Christmas message every year.  I usually find something inspiring in it, have written her twice, and received a reply both times.

I will write her again because of this message.

Did you get an interview? :)

9 hours ago, Historian said:

I always thought she was a class act.   She really represents another day and age.

It is a real interest of mine in how they have managed to create a constitutional monarchy.   It almost happened here but George Washington declined the offer to be king.

I'll miss the queen she she passes.  It will be interesting to see how her nation changes over the next 20 years.

With all their new arrivals  I suspect it will quickly disappear.  They aren't being given a chance.