I think we are missing something

RenoF250

5 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

That is interesting because Iran is another hot spot.  I wonder what NYC - China travel looks like.  Seattle is hot and the first hit but they seem to have leveled off and NYC is blowing their doors off.  Travel and quarantine does not seem to explain it to me.

NYC is a sanctuary city. It has a Chinatown. It supposedly has a significant number of illegal aliens. Many illegal aliens are smuggled in from China. Are these dots waiting to be connected?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tadbart said:

More and more, I think this bug is manmade.

It is a little too virulent and stealthy to be believed, isn't it.  It seems a certainty that the Chinese allowed it to spread worldwide.  Maybe with their economy on the verge of collapse, they planned to plunge the world into a depression and take advantage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

It is a little too virulent and stealthy to be believed, isn't it.  It seems a certainty that the Chinese allowed it to spread worldwide.  Maybe with their economy on the verge of collapse, they planned to plunge the world into a depression and take advantage. 

Yes Sir. The long time from infection to onset of symptoms, during which you're contagious; the progression from "It's contact. No, droplet. Ok, it might be aerosolized."; Someone asked earlier- how are Beijing and Shanghai managing so well, and that question has bothered me for a while now, too. The Chinese protest- not "Yeah, we eat bats, sorry," but a total obfuscation- "Stop calling it a Chinese virus!" Also, their demonstrations for Democracy- how are those going these days? Our Harvard mad scientist- what's his connection? And let us discuss that virology lab in the apparent epicenter, Wuhan.

There's just a LOT going on, that at least to me, goes beyond bat head soup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

"It's contact. No, droplet. Ok, it might be aerosolized."

This was just pure stupidity on our "experts" part and why I put very little faith in them.  It blows my mind how few understand germ transmission.  First off, you cannot get it from yourself so quit wiping your own house down and wearing a mask in your own freaking house.  Sanitize what you bring in and it will be fine.  Second there is ZERO chance you will prevent yourself from getting it from someone you live with so don't bother to try.  Maybe if you knew they were infected and kept them isolated to a room with the vent blocked off but they already had it before you knew and isolated them so you almost certainly have it anyway.  You cannot get it in a freaking car.  If you can get it in a parking lot unloading your bike outside in the sun and the closest you get to anyone is 12 feet you sure as **** will get it from anyone that has it in a grocery store.  If you close the schools but then have the kids in together twice a day for meals you are a mouth breathing moron that is wasting your time.  There is tons of stupid by these "experts" and they want us to blindly follow their stupid rules they pull out of their collective asses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

That is interesting because Iran is another hot spot.  I wonder what NYC - China travel looks like.  Seattle is hot and the first hit but they seem to have leveled off and NYC is blowing their doors off.  Travel and quarantine does not seem to explain it to me.

NY has a large Chinese Population.

many went home in Jan. to Celebrate the Year of the Rat.

not that they could have Possibly known, but still having 2 Million people living on an Island 2 Miles wide all moving to and fro together at an incredible slow speed did not help.

in `03 SARS was found to travel and contaminate people in Hong Kong in water pipes.

everyday more questions about exactly how is moving and how infectious and who is getting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

NY has a large Chinese Population.

many went home in Jan. to Celebrate the Year of the Rat.

not that they could have Possibly known, but still having 2 Million people living on an Island 2 Miles wide all moving to and fro together at an incredible slow speed did not help.

in `03 SARS was found to travel and contaminate people in Hong Kong in water pipes.

everyday more questions about exactly how is moving and how infectious and who is getting it.

I had not heard that, interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2003/04/18/in-hong-kong-apartment-tower-sars-virus-spread-through-plumbing/99bcd25f-de85-472a-b084-4f847e0dac9a/

Makes the aerosolized from feces much more relevant.  You see the steam coming out of the NY sewers all of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am thinking the severity varies depending on how you get it.  Like if you get it by breathing it in it will be bad, if you get it from contact mild to asymptomatic.  That will explain Japan since they wear masks all the time anyway.  Also fits with the choir since none of them touched anything but many got it badly and two died.  As to why it would work that way or if it is even possible I have no idea.

• Like 2

No more drive-throughs for me.  I'm pretty much done with this bullshit.  I'll only patronize places that I can go into.

If the restaurants want to roll over and take it,  that's fine.  I'll vote with my wallet.  I'm surprised they're not running around with pitchforks and torches already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went to Aldi this afternoon, and it was OK, about what you'd expect. People were more or less maintaining their distance. I maintain a six-foot buffer all the time anyway. I always have. Mrs. G remarked that if I could I'd probably maintain a 6 acre buffer for most folks. What I DON'T get though, is that Chickamauga Battlefield Park is closed. Zillions of acres, and I've never seen any crowding there. I checked out their website and they weasle-splained why it's closed. But there's no excuse for it, really. :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Zillions of acres, and I've never seen any crowding there. I checked out their website and they weasle-splained why it's closed. But there's no excuse for it, really.

They've arrested paddleboarders in California for ignoring the stay-at-home rules (are they even real "laws"?) and refusing to come out of the ocean.

The best way to keep someone isolated is to take them into custody.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

No more drive-throughs for me.  I'm pretty much done with this bullshit.  I'll only patronize places that I can go into.

If the restaurants want to roll over and take it,  that's fine.  I'll vote with my wallet.  I'm surprised they're not running around with pitchforks and torches already.

Won't be long!

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

We went to Aldi this afternoon, and it was OK, about what you'd expect. People were more or less maintaining their distance. I maintain a six-foot buffer all the time anyway. I always have. Mrs. G remarked that if I could I'd probably maintain a 6 acre buffer for most folks. What I DON'T get though, is that Chickamauga Battlefield Park is closed. Zillions of acres, and I've never seen any crowding there. I checked out their website and they weasle-splained why it's closed. But there's no excuse for it, really. :(

Government trying to show you how everything has unintended consequences.  No politician want's the public making their own choices. One rule fits all.......  Sometimes.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

I needed a spiral notepad for this amazingly broken jobsite (I need lines or all my scribbled numbers on printer paper turn into an indecipherable mess) (and I've got 7,000 notepads at home,  but I forgot to bring one)

I forgot to stop at the walmart when I passed,  but the Office Depot is open.

If I had a restaurant,  I'd go to Home Depot,  buy a bunch of buckets and mops and sponges and dish detergent and soap,  and sell them in my allowed-to-be-open restaurant.

I'd get a bunch of over-proofed rum and sell it by the glass,  at the bar. 

That's how stupid this all is.

• Thanks 2

On 4/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, gwalchmai said:

Remember how Obama closed all the parks and monuments during one of the budget Squabbles? Even sent rangers to barricade people from monuments which usually never had a ranger presence. Kept tour buses away from Mt Vernon which is not federal property.

it isn’t always as announced. Often it is to inconvenience citizens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You know, you guys don't have to submit to this oppression you see all around you.  One of the great things about this republic of ours is that you have the freedom to be independent.

Go off the grid.  Refuse vaccinations.  Don't take these medicines that are available.  Go live in the woods.

Just stay away from me and mine, please, and don't expect hospitalization when you do get sick.

• Thanks 3

On 4/9/2020 at 9:20 AM, UHLAWPUP said:

You know, you guys don't have to submit to this oppression you see all around you.  One of the great things about this republic of ours is that you have the freedom to be independent.

Go off the grid.  Refuse vaccinations.  Don't take these medicines that are available.  Go live in the woods.

Just stay away from me and mine, please, and don't expect hospitalization when you do get sick.

Yeah, those are the only two options.  Nice false choice.  Take what you "civilized" people want or go hide in the woods.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

Yeah, those are the only two options.  Nice false choice.  Take what you "civilized" people want or go hide in the woods.

Absolutely!  Hide in the woods was more a metaphor for staying away from those of us who wish to remain healthy and believe in the advances made by medical science.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, UHLAWPUP said:

And that goes both ways.  You could go live in the woods and be safe.  From humanity.

Our freedoms are less than they were a month ago.

I remained healthy, minus a week,  and it made me stronger.

Not hatin'.  We just disagree.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, UHLAWPUP said:

Absolutely!  Hide in the woods was more a metaphor for staying away from those of us who wish to remain healthy and believe in the advances made by medical science.

Your "medical science" has royally effed up the country and is hurting good honest people. How is that advanced? How is that healthy?

The rest of us don't want your version of Dr. Cocteau's world, so why don't YOU leave.

Edited by Fog
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fog said:

Your "medical science" has royally effed up the country and is hurting good honest people. How is that advanced? How is that healthy?

The rest of us don't want your version of Dr. Cocteau's world, so why don't YOU leave.

I think you mistake politicians for doctors.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

And that goes both ways.  You could go live in the woods and be safe.  From humanity.

Our freedoms are less than they were a month ago.

I remained healthy, minus a week,  and it made me stronger.

Not hatin'.  We just disagree.

Indeed, and that is the beauty of our country: that we can disagree.  Isn’t it wonderful?